2021 SDCC Exclusive Discussion

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

2021 SDCC Exclusive Discussion

Sat May 15, 2021 5:58 am

What will be this year's summer exclusive set? Excalibur? Kathryn Hahn Agatha Harkness and her council of witches? Vampiro and a group of other obscure Eternals? Let the speculation commence.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: 2021 SDCC Exclusive Discussion

Sat May 15, 2021 6:34 am

Repeating my speculation from many months ago that there will be an OG Avengers 6 pack in packaging like the SDCC Thor set so all six are facing out. If not here, then it will happen elsewhere.

I also really hope there is a WandaVision two-pack in their 50s outfits. Agatha should be mainstream released, but this is the perfect spot for these two.
kbaxter74
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 15, 2021 6:41 am

I think there will be a comic Infinity Gauntlet set to commemorate 30 years with a re-pack of the new Thanos and several other figures from the likes of Adam Warlock, Nebula, Starfox, Death, Moondragon, Pip the Troll, original Drax...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jonan
Runs Around in Tights

Sat May 15, 2021 12:19 pm

kbaxter74 wrote:
I think there will be a comic Infinity Gauntlet set to commemorate 30 years with a re-pack of the new Thanos and several other figures from the likes of Adam Warlock, Nebula, Starfox, Death, Moondragon, Pip the Troll, original Drax...

I second and hope for this. If they're going to do it, this is definitely the year, especially with Walgreens exclusives sticking to a cosmic theme. This is probably also the only way we'd get Moondragon in her dental floss outfit. :twisted:
100ptsofarticulation
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 15, 2021 12:37 pm

JPC wrote:
Repeating my speculation from many months ago that there will be an OG Avengers 6 pack in packaging like the SDCC Thor set so all six are facing out. If not here, then it will happen elsewhere.

I also really hope there is a WandaVision two-pack in their 50s outfits. Agatha should be mainstream released, but this is the perfect spot for these two.
Hmmm? My guess all along has been Excalibur is the SDCC exclusive.

But I wonder if that Hercules isn't part of some avengers set. Considering they did say there wouldn't be any avengers waves for a while
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 15, 2021 12:53 pm

I think we can count on def 1 comic based and 1 Infinity Saga MCU offering. I don't see an OG 6 Avengers set this year. Movie turns 10 next year, so prob then.

This year I think MCU will likely be a 2 pack of some kind. I personally am rooting for Iron Man Mk 5 and Whiplash.

I could see that Excalibur set being the SDCC set this year for comic.
MLNUT
CROM!

Sat May 15, 2021 1:00 pm

kbaxter74 wrote:

Perfect. Instant buy.
KingMCUCollector
Avengers Assemble

Sat May 15, 2021 2:04 pm

1 comic set
1 MCU set (attached w/Infinity Saga branding)

Easy breezy.
El Honez
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 15, 2021 3:31 pm

JPC wrote:
MiniMates is doing exactly that, although they haven't released any final packaged shots yet. MMs have been great for MCU collectors overall, with a deeper bench than Legends or Select, or even Funko. But they are tiny block figs, so there is that.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Sat May 15, 2021 5:18 pm

e-rock wrote:I think we can count on def 1 comic based and 1 Infinity Saga MCU offering. I don't see an OG 6 Avengers set this year. Movie turns 10 next year, so prob then.

This year I think MCU will likely be a 2 pack of some kind. I personally am rooting for Iron Man Mk 5 and Whiplash.

Excalibur and whiplash/suitcase armor i could see. Especially if thats how they convince Mickey Rourke. That is how they got Benicio Del Toro after all, who didn't want a mass released version of himself

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 15, 2021 5:23 pm

spideyboy1111 wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 5:18 pm
e-rock wrote:I think we can count on def 1 comic based and 1 Infinity Saga MCU offering. I don't see an OG 6 Avengers set this year. Movie turns 10 next year, so prob then.

Excalibur and whiplash/suitcase armor i could see. Especially if thats how they convince Mickey Rourke. That is how they got Benicio Del Toro after all, who didn't want a mass released version of himself

That is my hope. Honestly, if we got a set that delivered one of the primary villains we still need, I would prob be less irked by things like Mark 21 Iron Man, lol
Beamish
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 15, 2021 5:36 pm

A Defenders box set certainty has possibilities:
Its the 50th anniversary of their debut in 1971
Tie-in with the upcoming Dr. Strange film
Dwight has been hinting at Gargoyle
The perfect and possibly only way to get Damian Hellstrom
Probably the only way we'll get comic Clea
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Sat May 15, 2021 5:52 pm

100ptsofarticulation wrote:
JPC wrote:

Hmmm? My guess all along has been Excalibur is the SDCC exclusive.

But I wonder if that Hercules isn't part of some avengers set. Considering they did say there wouldn't be any avengers waves for a while
He's not, he's fan channel

BILLIUM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: Hasbro should upscale the new 80th Anniversary Captain America figure for an Ameridroid figure.

Sat May 15, 2021 6:17 pm

They seem to like to do one movie and comic comic exclusive. As long as they're as easy as last years sets in terms of availability and production, I'd probably go with something like...

MCU Black Widow (Jessica Jones base body) vs Taskmaster (new hood down head)

"Under Siege" Masters of Evil

1. Mr. Hyde (new head, Mr. Fixit body, collar/bolo tie, and cape)
2. Blackout (Sunfire base body, Havok effects, new head)
3. Moonstone (new head, upper torso and belt and arm band overlays; Kitty Pryde gloves)
4. Baron Zemo ( Shatterstar base body, Zemo head and blaster, new forearms and calves, belt and shoulder overlays)
5. Fixer (Red Skull jumpsuit base body, new belt and head)
jmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 15, 2021 6:28 pm

If the comic set was to tie into the Disney+ series coming up we might get some neat Hawkeye & She-hulk based Avengers set.
Hawkeye could come with an alternative Thunderbolts belt.
My preference for She-Hulk would be her recent Hulk bodybuilder look from the recent Avengers run, but a classic Jen with purple outfit is always welcome.
Toss in another Avenger, maybe a good place to slot Moondragon, masked Quasar, classic Mockingbird and some classic villains attached to either show's star
Maybe Trickshot or Swordsman for Hawkeye. Titania for She-hulk.
Female Yellowjacket as a why not

btw prepare for the celebration some time next year when the Marvels movie comes out. Monica Rambeau has already been released in her updated comic costume, sure we'll need and MCU figure but the stars are aligning for a classic Monica Captain Marvel Rambeau figure with alternate heads featuring her various hairstyles. Could there even be an energy form variant? I dare to dream. Pick up the football again Lucy, I'm feeling lucky this time.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”