Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness wave 1

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Bashbash99
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness wave 1

Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:25 pm

I don't envy the ML team when it comes to the mcu - they don't get enough info from Disney to make figures that come out when the movie/D+ series does, and then they have to try and figure out what kind of demand will still be there for those movie/D+ characters at retail a year or more later.

That said, mcu Scarlet Witch seems like a no-brainer. They'll probably re-release her in a 2-pack with Rintrah, repainted in more movie accurate colors. Gotta get the most out of those cow-man sculpted parts.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:32 pm

I will never buy another Rintrah ever lol
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:15 pm

MLNUT wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:32 pm
JPC wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:44 pm
I'm really surprised we haven't seen a 50s Wanda and Vision deluxe set.
Hasbro hasn't made this because only you and 3 other people would buy it at current prices.
Yeah I have to be honest and say I'd definitely skip that set.

The 50's episodes were pretty polarizing with fans.

While I greatly appreciated the acting, I don't need it represented.

Now Darcy & Jimmy Woo on the other hand, that'd be an instant full price buy for me.

Same if they did a Scarlet Witch & Christine Palmer two-pack.
JoshuaKat
CROM!

Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:16 pm

I guess I'm one of those 3. I would buy the set. I understand why most people wouldn't. But for me it's no different than wanting all 500 Iron Man armors or comic collectors who want a certain artist's run on a character in figure form. WandaVision was the beginning of something new for the MCU and Wanda. Her final suit will have its iterations and hopefully it's figures to follow (looking at you MoM!) But the black and White 50s look is (for me) what captures the essence of that show. A lot of times the promotions for a project are just as memorable as the show itself and the 50s look really kicked it off. I can look at Wanda in a suit and that's Scarlet Witch from wherever and whenever she shows up. But to see the black and white 50s version I will also immediately think of WandaVision exclusively. I suppose it all comes down to what kind of story you want your shelf to tell.

With that said, I would absolutely take a Darcy, Jimmy or Christine over any already made character regardless of the outfit. (Except business attire Pepper.. never giving up on that lol)
Bashbash99
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:56 pm

JoshuaKat wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:16 pm
I guess I'm one of those 3. I would buy the set. I understand why most people wouldn't. But for me it's no different than wanting all 500 Iron Man armors or comic collectors who want a certain artist's run on a character in figure form. WandaVision was the beginning of something new for the MCU and Wanda. Her final suit will have its iterations and hopefully it's figures to follow (looking at you MoM!) But the black and White 50s look is (for me) what captures the essence of that show. A lot of times the promotions for a project are just as memorable as the show itself and the 50s look really kicked it off. I can look at Wanda in a suit and that's Scarlet Witch from wherever and whenever she shows up. But to see the black and white 50s version I will also immediately think of WandaVision exclusively. I suppose it all comes down to what kind of story you want your shelf to tell.

With that said, I would absolutely take a Darcy, Jimmy or Christine over any already made character regardless of the outfit. (Except business attire Pepper.. never giving up on that lol)
I feel like a 50s WandaVIsion 2-pack in nice packaging would have made for a great sdcc set in 2020 had it come out as part of the buildup for the series. While i enjoyed the series, i agree it was a bit polarizing so had the 2-pack come out afterwards it might not have done as well. But i think beforehand? yeah a lot would've gone for it.

Now 2020 had hellfire club iirc and the charles/logan 2-pack? so those were both pretty great but i do think a Wandavision set would've done well, but that assumes Hasbro would have been given concept art far enough ahead as well as being given the okay by Disney to release them ahead of the series - and i think both could have been issues, i dunno
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:28 pm

I would get a 50s Wandavision set. That would be pretty awesome. But I would like a set of them from later in the show and including the children more.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:12 am

I know it was delay related, but if they can give us a Two-Pack with Melina & (a better) Red Guardian, then they should be able to do it here with Scarlet Witch & Christine Palmer. Plus the Eternals were all brand new sculpts, so it's not like they can't put the effort in here, Wanda would only be some minor retooling.

With Wanda & Christine that would cover the main cast as they are two pretty giant holes for this movie.
Rawr993
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:34 am

Has anyone used the funko pop of america’s star portal as a substitute for their legends figure?
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:29 pm

Your move, Hasbro.

More info in the Part Swap thread, but MoM Wanda just has Infinity War Wanda hair and an altered tiara.
maczero
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:14 pm

JPC wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:29 pm

Your move, Hasbro.

More info in the Part Swap thread, but MoM Wanda just has Infinity War Wanda hair and an altered tiara.
Nice.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:17 pm

Slixta wrote:
I know it was delay related, but if they can give us a Two-Pack with Melina & (a better) Red Guardian, then they should be able to do it here with Scarlet Witch & Christine Palmer. Plus the Eternals were all brand new sculpts, so it's not like they can't put the effort in here, Wanda would only be some minor retooling.

With Wanda & Christine that would cover the main cast as they are two pretty giant holes for this movie.
True, but we did have to wait about a year for that 2 pack
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:59 am

e-rock wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:17 pm
Slixta wrote:

True, but we did have to wait about a year for that 2 pack
Which I'm fine with as long as we get it.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”

Recent Topics