Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness wave 1

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness wave 1

Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:12 pm

Yeah, Rintrah was garbage. If they deemed "Gargantos" as being too unwieldy or out of scale as a BAF, then I would have preffered a regular sized BAF in place of Rintrah or gotten something from another movie. Like, Ancient One or Kaecilius as BAFs would have been sooooo much better than Rintrah
GrumpyMatt
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:31 pm

I'm convinced there was more to Rintrah in the original script and he was basically cut out of the movie, save for those few scenes. There's was some comments from Bruce Campbell just prior to the movie being released and he was bitching about all the changes Marvel forced Raimi to make.

Whoever did what, I've watched it a couple times more now since it's been on Disney+ and I like it even more than I did after seeing it at the theater.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:23 pm

I guess originally Wong went with Strange and America and Rintrah's role was ultimately filled with Wong (taking her to Wundagore, etc).
SYNNER
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:42 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:23 pm
I guess originally Wong went with Strange and America and Rintrah's role was ultimately filled with Wong (taking her to Wundagore, etc).
This makes a lot of sense. I already associate Wundagore Mountain with another anthropomorphic cow person: Bova. Maybe he was supposed to play double duty of Bova/ Rintrah in the movie to hint at Wanda's origins? I mean, seriously, how many people can say that they and their twin were raised in the mystical mountains by a cow-person because their parents (a gypsy and a genocidal maniac) abandoned them?
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:47 pm

Man, I hope not many.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:48 pm

Just watched the making of on D+ and it made me appreciate the movie even more.
Monkey Joe
Avengers Assemble

Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:21 pm

Anyone try Astral Strange’s open hands on the 3-pack white Vision (comic)? I’m wonder if the translucency matches
JoshuaKat
CROM!

Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:16 am

Slixta wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:48 pm
Just watched the making of on D+ and it made me appreciate the movie even more.
Surprisingly that was actually the first "Making of" I've watched and completely agree with you. So are they all an hour long and hosted by a cast member like this one was? I always assumed they were like 10 minutes haha
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:36 am

I think they tend to be around that length but I can't remember being hosted before. I haven't watched the MOM one yet tho
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:23 am

They haven't been hosted before, that was specifically like on old school documentary throwback.

They are all around the hour mark.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:45 pm

Is it like the old star wars making ofs?
JoshuaKat
CROM!

Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:48 pm

Ah gotcha. I've been meaning to watch them all one day. I've been enjoying the short Legends recap episodes too.

Kinda realted: I've always thought it would be really cool to see different actors throughout the MCU do trailer reactions to other MCU projects. Like Brie Larson reacting to Ms. Marvel or Chris Evans reacting to FatWS, etc. It urks my soul when an actor in the MCU says they haven't seen most of the films. I guess that's not their job and honestly it's the writers and directors who don't watch that really gets to me. I'd pay money to see Fiege's trailer reactions but he's so hands on he probably wouldn't be surprised haha.

Anyways, back on topic. I really hope SDCC might give us some insight towards the team's stance on a MoM Wanda. I really want to see her menacingly hovering above the rest of MoM figures!! Wanda's journey has been so well documented by looks and we're missing 2 of her most important looks. Her debut and her villian turn. I'll just take a wave of Wandas haha She's got a look for every decade after all.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:44 pm

With the success of Wandavision I'm really surprised we haven't seen a 50s Wanda and Vision deluxe set. If Mojo can come in a TV set, so can they! Release Agatha at the same time as a Deluxe (you know they'll use her "elaborate" costume as a need to charge more money) and boom - you've got the internet's attention.

I started making my own MoM Wanda and would REALLY like Hasbro to blow my efforts out of the water.
Comedian
Avengers Assemble

Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:04 pm

Wow. My family and I just watched the film…..we’ve been so busy it took this long.

Man did we love it! My son did not like the ending but was ok after seeing the credit scenes.

Boy, Do we need some more figures for this film!

I really hope we get to see some new figures or at least pipe line reveals.
MLNUT
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:32 pm

JPC wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:44 pm
I'm really surprised we haven't seen a 50s Wanda and Vision deluxe set.
Hasbro hasn't made this because only you and 3 other people would buy it at current prices.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”