Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness wave 1

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
User avatar
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 11425
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:17 am

Re: Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness wave 1

Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:19 pm

Akatsuki wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:12 pm
Not trying to be sarcastic—what is the difference between the movie version of Wanda’s costume and the figure we got from the Wandavision show? Seemed very similar to me. I love that Wandavision figure. Especially with those cool translucent magic effect hands.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- long sleeves
- broken/fractured/shattered pattern added to the costume (radiates from her heart)
- darker colors
- different makeup
- black fingers
- more pointed and sinister looking tiara
User avatar
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader
Location: I'm with Iron Man.
Posts: 20790
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:17 am

Re: Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness wave 1

Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:08 pm

spideyboy1111 wrote:
Akatsuki wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:12 pm
Not trying to be sarcastic—what is the difference between the movie version of Wanda’s costume and the figure we got from the Wandavision show? Seemed very similar to me. I love that Wandavision figure. Especially with those cool translucent magic effect hands.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- long sleeves
- broken/fractured/shattered pattern added to the costume (radiates from her heart)
- darker colors
- different makeup
- black fingers
- more pointed and sinister looking tiara
Got it. Thanks! Staring at some photos, the most obvious differences I see are the sleeves, darker and different costume texturing, and the corrupted fingers.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 6363
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:23 am

Re: Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness wave 1

Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:23 pm

They could also throw in a nasty head.
Spoiler! :
Image
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 3719
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 9:23 pm

Re: Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness wave 1

Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:30 pm

Also, she needs hair and a tiara that better match what's on-screen and not the concept art. The hair she has is not at all what she should for either appearance.
JoshuaKat
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 844
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:22 pm

Re: Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness wave 1

Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:36 am

JPC wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:30 pm
Also, she needs hair and a tiara that better match what's on-screen and not the concept art. The hair she has is not at all what she should for either appearance.
I agree to this 100%!! Wrong color and style. I think if the hair were correct that figure would literally look like she shrunk down and stood on the shelf. There is a concept pic of her that matches the figure right down to the exact shape of her hair. I was really hoping MoM would solve that but I guess not.
User avatar
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 6363
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:23 am

Re: Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness wave 1

Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:07 am

Maybe they'll announce another wave at comic con.
matches
HULK SMASH!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:09 am

Re: Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness wave 1

Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:11 am

I wouldn't be as bothered by the lack of a MoM Wanda if it weren't for the fact that we got three Stranges (two of which were almost identical) in a couple months.
User avatar
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 6363
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:23 am

Re: Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness wave 1

Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:15 am

matches wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:11 am
I wouldn't be as bothered by the lack of a MoM Wanda if it weren't for the fact that we got three Stranges (two of which were almost identical) in a couple months.
Technically, we got five (counting the What if figure, along with the NWH Strange, the MOM Strange, the Astral Strange, and Defender Strange.
JoshuaKat
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 844
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:22 pm

Re: Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness wave 1

Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:34 am

Especially upsetting considering Wanda is arguably more favorable than the title character.
All we can do is hope for a second wave but that's becoming exhausting, how many movies are we gonna hope gets a second wave?
I know it's beating a dead horse at this point but a running all inclusive MCU wave would really help catch up on some of these missed opportunities.
Well thank goodness we got Rintrah, truly an ironic character...
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 3420
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:47 pm

Re: Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness wave 1

Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:46 am

I am hoping at least Wanda gets announced at SDCC
User avatar
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 6363
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:23 am

Re: Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness wave 1

Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:20 am

JoshuaKat wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:34 am
I know it's beating a dead horse at this point but a running all inclusive MCU wave would really help catch up on some of these missed opportunities.
I will never hesitate to beat that horse with you. It's a big, fat 'yes please' from me on that. Once again, just have an ongoing line that favors the current release (similar to Star Wars Black Series), with the rest of the wave filled out by characters not done before (and also catching up on last year's spoiler characters). I don't even care if the waves make sense anymore. Put Green Goblin in with the Fantastic Four wave for all I care.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 3420
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:47 pm

Re: Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness wave 1

Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:08 am

Ru_1977 wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:20 am
JoshuaKat wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:34 am
I know it's beating a dead horse at this point but a running all inclusive MCU wave would really help catch up on some of these missed opportunities.
I will never hesitate to beat that horse with you. It's a big, fat 'yes please' from me on that. Once again, just have an ongoing line that favors the current release (similar to Star Wars Black Series), with the rest of the wave filled out by characters not done before (and also catching up on last year's spoiler characters). I don't even care if the waves make sense anymore. Put Green Goblin in with the Fantastic Four wave for all I care.
Agreed. Black Series mixes various movies and such, MCU can easily do the same
JoshuaKat
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 844
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:22 pm

Re: Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness wave 1

Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:30 am

Maybe the Legends team should do lunch with the Star Wars team one day lol. And bring a pen and paper.
User avatar
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 6363
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:23 am

Re: Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness wave 1

Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:22 am

The one thing they seem to have picked up from Black Series is the weird "let's trickle this wave one at a time" method of preorders...
NoctisStrife
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 439
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:12 pm

Re: Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness wave 1

Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:03 pm

Adding to the idea of full MCU waves becoming standard I am so annoyed that Rintrah was the BAF with literally less than 3 minutes screentime. It's completely changed my opinion on doing BAfs, so let down

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”