Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness wave 1

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness wave 1

Fri May 27, 2022 3:29 am

e-rock wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 6:26 pm
Slixta wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 4:50 pm
e-rock wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 3:51 pm

Defender Strange and Mordo not more than 1 movie, but were large parts of this one
Christine played a larger role and had more screen time than both.
Debatable, but if I were Hasbro even if I agreed, I probably would have done both Defender Strange and Mordo both over Christine. More popular characters, more exciting figures, etc. Again, I get you are a huge fan of the character, but in terms of overall popularity, I don't think Christine has much at all. She isn't a Happy Hogan or someone more in demand. I can see her maybe in a future M10 esque like wave in a 2 pack. Though i think several other Doctor Strange movie characters like Ancient One or Kaecilius are far more likely. But I don't think she is nearly popular enough to warrant a figure herself in a wave. I could go with you on Darcy coming sooner than later cause I think she has more of a following especially post Wandavision, but Christine I just don't see it
The screen time is not debatable at all, she was in most of the movie. Probably more than Mordo and Defender Strange combined?

As far as popularity goes I can give you Defender Strange, as any title character typically gets multiple figures. Mordo on the other hand was the biggest peg warmer from the first movie's wave, I was honestly shocked he got another figure this go around.

The "I love you in every universe" scene is one of the most plastered and talked about on YouTube. People are talking about her this time, because they actually gave her a role that mattered in this movie. If we were talking about the first movie I'd 100% agree that she's irrelevant and doesn't warrant a figure.

I honestly think if they did a second wave, and she was in it, she would do just fine.

Mordo was the peg warmer again this time, but even he didn't last on the shelves. The movie and it's merchandise are doing extremely well and Hasbro should really consider giving it (and No Way Home) a second wave.
Spoiler! :
1. Zombie Strange
2. Scarlet Witch
3. Christine Palmer
4. Maria Rambeau
5. Captain Carter
6. Black Bolt
7. Mr. Fantastic
BAF: Cloak of the Damned

Wal-Mart: Clea
Target: Professor X
There's plenty of re-use available to justify it, plus it's not like it wouldn't sell.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 27, 2022 3:39 am

That's such a damn good wave you're proposing.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 27, 2022 4:05 am

Slixta wrote:
e-rock wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 6:26 pm
Slixta wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 4:50 pm

Christine played a larger role and had more screen time than both.
Debatable, but if I were Hasbro even if I agreed, I probably would have done both Defender Strange and Mordo both over Christine. More popular characters, more exciting figures, etc. Again, I get you are a huge fan of the character, but in terms of overall popularity, I don't think Christine has much at all. She isn't a Happy Hogan or someone more in demand. I can see her maybe in a future M10 esque like wave in a 2 pack. Though i think several other Doctor Strange movie characters like Ancient One or Kaecilius are far more likely. But I don't think she is nearly popular enough to warrant a figure herself in a wave. I could go with you on Darcy coming sooner than later cause I think she has more of a following especially post Wandavision, but Christine I just don't see it
The screen time is not debatable at all, she was in most of the movie. Probably more than Mordo and Defender Strange combined?

As far as popularity goes I can give you Defender Strange, as any title character typically gets multiple figures. Mordo on the other hand was the biggest peg warmer from the first movie's wave, I was honestly shocked he got another figure this go around.

The "I love you in every universe" scene is one of the most plastered and talked about on YouTube. People are talking about her this time, because they actually gave her a role that mattered in this movie. If we were talking about the first movie I'd 100% agree that she's irrelevant and doesn't warrant a figure.

I honestly think if they did a second wave, and she was in it, she would do just fine.

Mordo was the peg warmer again this time, but even he didn't last on the shelves. The movie and it's merchandise are doing extremely well and Hasbro should really consider giving it (and No Way Home) a second wave.
Spoiler! :
1. Zombie Strange
2. Scarlet Witch
3. Christine Palmer
4. Maria Rambeau
5. Captain Carter
6. Black Bolt
7. Mr. Fantastic
BAF: Cloak of the Damned

Target: Professor X
There's plenty of re-use available to justify it, plus it's not like it wouldn't sell.
Christine would be peg warming much harder than Mordo. Again, I think you greatly overestimate Christine's popularity. I see none of this hype you are telling me is there about her, and I spend my time talking about these movies a lot. The things getting most of the attention are Wanda and the Illuminati. Christine isn't a major talking point. Not from any source I have seen
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 27, 2022 6:05 am

Ru_1977 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 3:39 am
That's such a damn good wave you're proposing.
Hasbro's literally just sitting on a gold mine and isn't going to do anything with it.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 27, 2022 9:56 am

I don’t even want figures of those throwaway cameos. That would be a waste of plastic worse than the waste of their appearances in the movie itself.

I’ve had time to let this movie simmer and I really can’t find any reasons more to like it. It really was such an underwhelming affair, that if they just released Wanda and Dreamwalk Strange with his special cloak, I’d be very ready to move on.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 27, 2022 3:25 pm

Slixta wrote:
Spoiler! :
And here I thought you & I were friends... :|
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 27, 2022 5:55 pm

TENIME_art wrote:
Slixta wrote:
Spoiler! :
It'd be better than not getting her :lol:
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 27, 2022 6:06 pm

With this movie's track record, Clea could be another shock value throwaway cameo. We might never see her in another movie again! I don't think I need a figure of Charlize as Clea until I see that there's an investment in the character in the future, and she plays a prominent role. I'm not even sure I'll be able to afford the $40 she'll likely be by the time Dr Strange 3 comes out.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 27, 2022 7:14 pm

Will someone tell Slixta I'm not talking to him right now?
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 27, 2022 7:19 pm

Will someone tell Tenime_Art I'm done being his go-between?
Hbhf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 27, 2022 8:45 pm

NORM wrote:
With this movie's track record, Clea could be another shock value throwaway cameo. We might never see her in another movie again! I don't think I need a figure of Charlize as Clea until I see that there's an investment in the character in the future, and she plays a prominent role. I'm not even sure I'll be able to afford the $40 she'll likely be by the time Dr Strange 3 comes out.
There's zero chance they got Charlize Theron for just a throwaway post-credit cameo. This wasn't like the Illuminati, where the book was closed on them by the end of the film. Everything about the Clea scene was very obviously pointing towards her returning in the sequel.
fingfangfoom
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 27, 2022 11:23 pm

Slixta wrote:
TENIME_art wrote:
Slixta wrote:
Spoiler! :
It’s exactly the same as not getting her.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 28, 2022 12:33 am

fingfangfoom wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 11:23 pm
Slixta wrote:
TENIME_art wrote:

It’s exactly the same as not getting her.
KingMCUCollector
Avengers Assemble

Sat May 28, 2022 1:18 am

I’ll gladly take all of the cameo characters, and Christine. My name says it all.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 29, 2022 7:47 pm

NORM wrote:
You honestly believe they only got her for a throw away cameo?

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”