Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness wave 1

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Rawr993
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness wave 1

Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:12 pm

In the reviews I’ve seen all the figures they all look pretty good, strange, & wong look like they have a great likeness. the only thing that concerns me is wong’s skirt limiting his articulation wish they could have given him a slit on the sides or back just to help that out.

I wonder if we’ll get a scarlet witch, maybe she’ll be in a 2-pack with an unannounced character? I’d be happy if she was a straight up repaint with a decayed deco, you could give her new hair to hid the minor inaccuracies of her new costume, add a cape and i’d be pretty interested in that figure, her tiara looks like it’s even positioned in a more accurate spot for her mom appearance
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:35 pm

Raybot wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:41 am
Hopefully they ship those preorders though. Got the rest during one of those $20 off $100 sales and $18.39 apiece sounds a lot better than $22.99.

I bought them that week as well, and they were $20.99 for whatever reason then--so we got them for $17 apiece. Image
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:45 pm

joshsquash729
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:24 pm

Much to my surprise, I was able to find 2 Wongs at Target this weekend. They also had the 12 inch 2 pack with Strange and Wanda. Left the 2 pack, but snagged a Wong and left one for whoever else. I was shocked- here in NY, I never see merch this early for a movie 4ish months away. But hey, I'll take it! Especially for my boy Wong- finally having him on the shelf is a great feeling!
Rawr993
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:24 am

Randomly came across the whole wave at a local zing in Australia and bought a strange & wong, all the figures look pretty good.

Dr strange looks cool, crazy to look at the original dr strange movie figure and see how far hasbro has come. Wong is definitely my most desired figure & is great, my only real grip is i wish his skirt allowed more movement but it’s not as big of an issue as i thought it might be, now i just need a first appearance with multiple heads for his appearances in shang chi & the avenger films.
Nik
Avengers Assemble

Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:32 am

Got Wong at Target in the Bay Area he was the only one on the shelf. Guessing the rest of the wave got got before I arrived. No worries, hella happy to get him early!
Hbhf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:49 am

It's redundant to point out at this point but man, looking at some of these reviews, damn did the team nail the facial likenesses.
TheJoker
Some people call him Maurice

Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:08 am

I decided to cancel my Target pre-orders except for Defender Strange and Thor Ragnarok.
While this wave is getting great reviews... all the Spider-man legends rumors are making me rethink priorities. I really only wanted Rintrah which hopefully they will eventually re-release in some form later on.
kailryu
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:02 am

Got Defender Strange, really nice to have a portal piece but not sure it was worth the deluxe price point.

Without any context it feels more like an Eternals figure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:28 pm

EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:40 pm

Isn't the genie lamp that comes with astral Strange supposed to be for Rintrah? Usually Strange can't manipulate physical objects in astral form, so I assumed that was for the BAF.

It's also right next to the Rintrah head in the package. Astral Strange's extra hands and the Eye are to the right of him, so I figured the lamp was being grouped with Rintrah in the package off to the left.

sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:55 pm

No. Nope. Absolutely not. That lamp is packaged closer to Strange's arm than Rintrah's head. It is meant for Strange, you cannot use it for any other figure than Strange. You will lose play privileges for unauthorized accessory usage. Don't be a fool.
fac
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:13 pm

Rintrah looks really good, as does Wong. Wave is looking solid so far.
joshsquash729
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:17 pm

The wave looks great! Some really stellar detail all around. I'm even looking forward to the comic characters, which I don't always say, but something about those creepy designs really work for me. Can't wait to add them all to the shelf. The America figure looks like a young Natalie Portman. I can definitely see them reusing Sleepwalker's purple hood for a certain other MCU baddie that appeared recently. I know the hood piece isn't exclusive to him, but something about seeing it with a green-skinned creature made it click for me. Glad this wave is starting to hit a bit early.
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:16 pm

Despite my intention to stop buying MCU figures as poor substitutes for the comic ones I want, I’m glad I preordered this wave to get Rintrah. Even with the quite different design he’ll be a good representation of the character on the shelf, and very unlikely to ever get a proper comic figure.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”