Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness wave 1

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness wave 1

Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:57 am

Hopefully Target online starts shipping this wave out soon. I don't think they have a release date listed yet.
Scarletspyder
HULK SMASH!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:59 pm

JPC wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:38 am
Photos!!

I found the 12" Strange/Wanda pack - her face is the ONLY part of that pack that any effort was put into, and that's with the serious case of Scarlet Mitch that has reared its ugly head again.
I just drove a hour drive because the target site said that location had the two pack in stock and when I got there the employee said the numbers were inaccurate and they didn’t have it. What state are you in?
Soundswipe
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:12 pm

yojoebro82 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:15 am
Soundswipe wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:35 pm
Anyone know where to get a good soft goods cape for Doctor Strange?
I've been looking for a while for this. I've seen one movie version on ebay, but I want a comic style one!
I’ve checked eBay a few times and hadn’t seen anything, I’ll have to keep an eye on it!
Soundswipe
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:14 pm

Scarletspyder wrote:
JPC wrote:
Photos!!

I found the 12" Strange/Wanda pack - her face is the ONLY part of that pack that any effort was put into, and that's with the serious case of Scarlet Mitch that has reared its ugly head again.
I just drove a hour drive because the target site said that location had the two pack in stock and when I got there the employee said the numbers were inaccurate and they didn’t have it. What state are you in?
Always call ahead of going to the store. Target’s website has the DPCI number listed on every item. Most likely that store probably just got the case in and it’s not assigned to any location yet, so someone will have to look for it
Scarletspyder
HULK SMASH!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:23 pm

Soundswipe wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:14 pm
Scarletspyder wrote:
JPC wrote:
Photos!!

Always call ahead of going to the store. Target’s website has the DPCI number listed on every item. Most likely that store probably just got the case in and it’s not assigned to any location yet, so someone will have to look for it
The guy showed me his screen and it said 0 on floor and 0 in the back but if you think there’s a chance it just hasn’t been processed yet I’ll check again tomorrow. Thanks
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:40 pm

I've had the local inventory differ from that reported on target.com or Popfindr many times. I've also seen one store's internal system show inventory at another local store, but then that local store's system shows a completely different inventory internally.

I don't know why the local inventory differs from the main one, but it happens. It just happened to me a few months ago multiple times when I was calling around to get the Disney Plus Watcher wave. When one store doesn't have any I usually ask if any nearby stores do, and if multiple do I ask which ones have the most. While looking for the Disney Plus wave I had two employees at two stores tell me another store was showing over 40 there, but when I called the store their own system showed 17. I got what I wanted, but wow were the counts off between Target's global system and their local ones.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:48 pm

Scarletspyder wrote:
JPC wrote:
Photos!!

CA.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:25 am

Is America Chavez in the movie, or is the figure comic based? I saw her today and she looks pretty realistic. I either didn't know, or forgot if she was showing up in the movie.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:38 am

yojoebro82 wrote:Is America Chavez in the movie, or is the figure comic based? I saw her today and she looks pretty realistic. I either didn't know, or forgot if she was showing up in the movie.
She's in the movie, and that's the actress playing her

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:10 am

You see her a couple times in the trailer but just barely.

She was almost in NWH too, when the release order was reversed.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:57 pm

TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:12 pm

Are the eyes the only painted details? That's almost impressive.
Guardianmonkey
Avengers Assemble

Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:19 am

The head sculpt looks great on Sleepwalker but the height and proportions don't work for me at all. I'm not sure exactly how best to remedy the problem -- Sleepwalker was drawn with exaggerated features consistently and the pieces used are too generic. Still buying it.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:10 am

Guardianmonkey wrote:The head sculpt looks great on Sleepwalker but the height and proportions don't work for me at all. I'm not sure exactly how best to remedy the problem -- Sleepwalker was drawn with exaggerated features consistently and the pieces used are too generic. Still buying it.
I thought that too... but.... no, he's not consistent at all and other than him usually being like 7ft, his proportions are actually correct. I just personally prefer him more lanky

ImageImage
Raybot
Swears it's 6 inches

Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:41 am

Found a solid case of these at my local Target in CA. $22.99. No other figures from the wave. The paint apps were pretty consistent, but since there’s a a bit of a lopsided grin the paint stamp being just slightly off on some made the face look pretty offset to one side (like the grin on that Everett Ross figure). The paint lining around the lower legs and shoes was pretty sloppy on a all of them.

Whole new figure apart from the sleeves though! Jessica Jones arms.

The legs and hips have really good range of motion. The head’s on one of those double ball joints and doesn’t tip back much but she can look around surprisingly pretty well without the hair or jacket collar getting in the way. The torso joint is junk and tilts maybe 5-10 degrees in any direction.

Looking forward to the rest of the wave, but damn if it isn’t frustrating to stumble on a fresh case and have it be just the single figure. Hopefully they ship those preorders though. Got the rest during one of those $20 off $100 sales and $18.39 apiece sounds a lot better than $22.99.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”