Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness wave 1

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
User avatar
Rob W
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: No longer chasing the Dragon!
Posts: 3249
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:37 pm

Re: Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness wave 1

Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:10 pm

In one sense, it could be quite funny if it actually turns out to be a mindless tentacled sea beastie that the heroes have to randomly overcome.

But yes, if they want to present the eldritch, multiversal one-eyed monster under a different name for whatever reason, I can roll with it. If the design hews as close to SG as the Lego set suggests, and we get a similarly scaled Legend out of it, they can call it Suzie for all I care...
User avatar
Thor-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Tyrone, PA
Posts: 1796
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:44 pm

Re: Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness wave 1

Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:42 pm

Once it's out of the packaging we can call it whatever we like. But I agree that if we get a figure out of it that it hews as closely to the Lego/comic design as possible.
User avatar
8 Immortal Master
Runs Around in Tights
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:09 pm

Re: Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness wave 1

Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:12 pm

If there is a change in nomenclature I'd almost prefer they name him "Suzy" over "Gargantos" LOL. Gargantos sounds like the name of a villain from a 1940's Flash Gordon serial. I imagine a giant robot (guy wearing trashcans and accordion piping for limbs with ice tongs for hands). I expect they can come up with something better.
User avatar
fingfangfoom
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1637
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:22 pm

Re: Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness wave 1

Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:16 pm

apparently, there's a Namor villain named Gargantos, who appeared in 1969
Image
JoshuaKat
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 662
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:22 pm

Re: Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness wave 1

Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:54 am

fingfangfoom wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:16 pm
apparently, there's a Namor villain named Gargantos, who appeared in 1969
Image
Yea, I was gonna say Gargantos is an actual character completely separate from Shuma Gorath. It's odd that they'd include both in the movie tho, with them both looking so similar.
User avatar
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 6412
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:28 pm

Re: Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness wave 1

Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:20 am

We let it slide, but since it lasted beyond one post--Guardianmonkey pointed out first that Gargantos was originally a Namor villain.

Who knows why they're referring to it in the set, but it's probably a name the Earthlings give him and not his actual one.
Rawr993
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:57 am

Re: Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness wave 1

Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:20 am

Image

Don’t know if anyone has posted this.

I hope if both Wong & strange get figures they reuse the new hand effects from the Spider-Man wave strange figure.

I hope they improve scarlet witches effects. I’d really like to see them try something like the figuarts or select figure hex effects
User avatar
fingfangfoom
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1637
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:22 pm

Re: Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness wave 1

Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:54 am

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:20 am
We let it slide, but since it lasted beyond one post--Guardianmonkey pointed out first that Gargantos was originally a Namor villain.
Thanks for the correction, EC. I was fwooshing at work. By the time I’d found a good pic and got the post together, the thread had jumped a page and I missed GuardianMonkey’s contribution.

What’s the consensus on whether I need a spoiler tag on this info from “What If?”
Spoiler! :
The big tentacled creature(s) in “What If?”
Dr Strange eats one in his episode, and during the Cpt Carter episode, Hydra summons it…

Are the two beasties in those two episodes the same creature as each other, do you think?
And if so, is either/are both of those things supposed to be Shamu-Gorath?
Or this Gargantos?
Or, are we seeing the seeds of a Kang & Kodos crossover into the MCU, here?
User avatar
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 3309
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:55 pm

Re: Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness wave 1

Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:06 am

fingfangfoom wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:54 am
EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:20 am
We let it slide, but since it lasted beyond one post--Guardianmonkey pointed out first that Gargantos was originally a Namor villain.
Thanks for the correction, EC. I was fwooshing at work. By the time I’d found a good pic and got the post together, the thread had jumped a page and I missed GuardianMonkey’s contribution.

What’s the consensus on whether I need a spoiler tag on this info from “What If?”
Spoiler! :
The big tentacled creature(s) in “What If?”
Dr Strange eats one in his episode, and during the Cpt Carter episode, Hydra summons it…

Are the two beasties in those two episodes the same creature as each other, do you think?
And if so, is either/are both of those things supposed to be Shamu-Gorath?
Or this Gargantos?
Or, are we seeing the seeds of a Kang & Kodos crossover into the MCU, here?
Don’t be silly. It’s obviously the Kraken from Clash of the Titans.
User avatar
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1147
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:12 am

Re: Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness wave 1

Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:19 am

If Sleepwalker isn't part of this wave with how much JayC keeps spreading the rumors I am going to be so disappointed.
User avatar
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 9292
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 1:35 am

Re: Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness wave 1

Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:22 pm

Not having Sleepwalker and Nightmare in the same wave feels like a missed opportunity for some real synergy.
Fright Zone
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:31 pm

Re: Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness wave 1

Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:02 pm

Odd that we just got a Dr Strange in the NWH wave given that you’d think he’s a given for the MOM wave, wonder if he has a new look in the film?
User avatar
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Maryland
Posts: 10624
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:42 pm

Re: Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness wave 1

Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:11 pm

Well the marketing reveal posted above doesn’t show a drastic departure from his current appearance, so I’m pretty surprised. I wouldn’t have been surprised if he had some the I guess like his Heroic Age black/red suit.

Getting another MCU version with the marginal differences would be a letdown, even if accurate.
User avatar
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 4318
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:23 am

Re: Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness wave 1

Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:30 pm

september_death wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:11 pm
Well the marketing reveal posted above doesn’t show a drastic departure from his current appearance, so I’m pretty surprised. I wouldn’t have been surprised if he had some the I guess like his Heroic Age black/red suit.

Getting another MCU version with the marginal differences would be a letdown, even if accurate.
I agree. I was really hoping they would have something different. I'm not surprised though, as I keep pointing out MOM was originally scheduled to come out BEFORE NWH before the pandemic.
Collector4612
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 334
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:04 pm

Re: Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness wave 1

Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:25 pm

september_death wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:11 pm
Well the marketing reveal posted above doesn’t show a drastic departure from his current appearance, so I’m pretty surprised. I wouldn’t have been surprised if he had some the I guess like his Heroic Age black/red suit.

Getting another MCU version with the marginal differences would be a letdown, even if accurate.
Maybe he gets a new look somewhere over the course of the film, or at the end like the D+ shows have been doing, and the figure in this wave will represent that look? Would be an easy way to still have the title character represented but not be quite as much re-use so soon after the last wave.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”