Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness wave 1

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Rob W
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness wave 1

Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:10 pm

In one sense, it could be quite funny if it actually turns out to be a mindless tentacled sea beastie that the heroes have to randomly overcome.

But yes, if they want to present the eldritch, multiversal one-eyed monster under a different name for whatever reason, I can roll with it. If the design hews as close to SG as the Lego set suggests, and we get a similarly scaled Legend out of it, they can call it Suzie for all I care...
Thor-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:42 pm

Once it's out of the packaging we can call it whatever we like. But I agree that if we get a figure out of it that it hews as closely to the Lego/comic design as possible.
8 Immortal Master
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:12 pm

If there is a change in nomenclature I'd almost prefer they name him "Suzy" over "Gargantos" LOL. Gargantos sounds like the name of a villain from a 1940's Flash Gordon serial. I imagine a giant robot (guy wearing trashcans and accordion piping for limbs with ice tongs for hands). I expect they can come up with something better.
fingfangfoom
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:16 pm

apparently, there's a Namor villain named Gargantos, who appeared in 1969
JoshuaKat
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:54 am

fingfangfoom wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:16 pm
apparently, there's a Namor villain named Gargantos, who appeared in 1969
Yea, I was gonna say Gargantos is an actual character completely separate from Shuma Gorath. It's odd that they'd include both in the movie tho, with them both looking so similar.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:20 am

We let it slide, but since it lasted beyond one post--Guardianmonkey pointed out first that Gargantos was originally a Namor villain.

Who knows why they're referring to it in the set, but it's probably a name the Earthlings give him and not his actual one.
Rawr993
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:20 am

Don’t know if anyone has posted this.

I hope if both Wong & strange get figures they reuse the new hand effects from the Spider-Man wave strange figure.

I hope they improve scarlet witches effects. I’d really like to see them try something like the figuarts or select figure hex effects
fingfangfoom
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:54 am

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
We let it slide, but since it lasted beyond one post--Guardianmonkey pointed out first that Gargantos was originally a Namor villain.
Thanks for the correction, EC. I was fwooshing at work. By the time I’d found a good pic and got the post together, the thread had jumped a page and I missed GuardianMonkey’s contribution.

What’s the consensus on whether I need a spoiler tag on this info from “What If?”
Spoiler! :
The big tentacled creature(s) in “What If?”
Dr Strange eats one in his episode, and during the Cpt Carter episode, Hydra summons it…

Are the two beasties in those two episodes the same creature as each other, do you think?
And if so, is either/are both of those things supposed to be Shamu-Gorath?
Or this Gargantos?
Or, are we seeing the seeds of a Kang & Kodos crossover into the MCU, here?
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:06 am

fingfangfoom wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:54 am
EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Thanks for the correction, EC. I was fwooshing at work. By the time I’d found a good pic and got the post together, the thread had jumped a page and I missed GuardianMonkey’s contribution.

What’s the consensus on whether I need a spoiler tag on this info from “What If?”
Spoiler! :
The big tentacled creature(s) in “What If?”
Dr Strange eats one in his episode, and during the Cpt Carter episode, Hydra summons it…

Are the two beasties in those two episodes the same creature as each other, do you think?
And if so, is either/are both of those things supposed to be Shamu-Gorath?
Or this Gargantos?
Or, are we seeing the seeds of a Kang & Kodos crossover into the MCU, here?
Don’t be silly. It’s obviously the Kraken from Clash of the Titans.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:19 am

If Sleepwalker isn't part of this wave with how much JayC keeps spreading the rumors I am going to be so disappointed.
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:22 pm

Not having Sleepwalker and Nightmare in the same wave feels like a missed opportunity for some real synergy.
Fright Zone
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:02 pm

Odd that we just got a Dr Strange in the NWH wave given that you’d think he’s a given for the MOM wave, wonder if he has a new look in the film?
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:11 pm

Well the marketing reveal posted above doesn’t show a drastic departure from his current appearance, so I’m pretty surprised. I wouldn’t have been surprised if he had some the I guess like his Heroic Age black/red suit.

Getting another MCU version with the marginal differences would be a letdown, even if accurate.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:30 pm

september_death wrote:
Well the marketing reveal posted above doesn’t show a drastic departure from his current appearance, so I’m pretty surprised. I wouldn’t have been surprised if he had some the I guess like his Heroic Age black/red suit.

Getting another MCU version with the marginal differences would be a letdown, even if accurate.
I agree. I was really hoping they would have something different. I'm not surprised though, as I keep pointing out MOM was originally scheduled to come out BEFORE NWH before the pandemic.
Collector4612
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:25 pm

september_death wrote:

Maybe he gets a new look somewhere over the course of the film, or at the end like the D+ shows have been doing, and the figure in this wave will represent that look? Would be an easy way to still have the title character represented but not be quite as much re-use so soon after the last wave.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”