Revenge of Bring on the Bad Guys (if we get Wave 2)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Basil Elks
Remembers, things, best, forgotten,
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: the Firm's morgue {which, oddly enough, is in British Columbia}

Re: Revenge of Bring on the Bad Guys (if we get Wave 2)

Tue May 18, 2021 8:41 am

I'd get the Brothers Grimm, they'd be a step closer to getting the Night Shift.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 18, 2021 8:59 am

I would want

1.) Mandarin
2.) Baron Zemo
3.) Jigsaw
4.) Avalanche
5.) Moonstone
6.) Ronan the Accuser
7.) Radioactive Man

BAF Bushmaster (Quincy McIver)
K.Avon
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Tue May 18, 2021 11:19 am

I'd take anyone they fancy but specifically (and very similar to others):

1: Count Nefaria
2: Baron Zemo
3: Madame Masque (with alternate ponytail head)
4: Wizard
5: Attuma
6: Moonstone
7: Skurge

BAF: Living Monolith or classic Annihilus, I'd also happily trade one of them for The Mad Thinker and make the BAF Awesome Android

Need to get Drac on that list, Baron Blood, Ronan, Graviton, Vulcan, Trapster.. part 3, return of the bring on the bad guys? :lol:
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 18, 2021 3:49 pm

sepster wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 4:25 pm
Ahab
Cardiac
Count Nefaria
Graviton
High Evolutionary
Mad Thinker
Scarecrow

BAF: Grizzly or Man-Ape

Having been reminded of the character, I would like to swap out Graviton for Calypso in my hypothetical wishlist, if that is allowed by the Wishlist Authority.
maschine9
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 18, 2021 11:48 pm

Molecule Man
Viper def needs a redo
Executioner
Count Nefaria or Strucker
Toad
Whiplash
Deathbird

BAF Titanium Man
dchimpy
Avengers Assemble

Thu May 20, 2021 1:30 am

This probably isn't a very popular opinion, but I'd really like am updated true 'classic' Hydra goon. Though I totally understand that he takes a slot away from a potential new character that's never been made in Legends.

Other villains high on my list are:

Executioner
Viper
Spiral
Gravitron
Classic Helmut Zemo
Wizard
Mandarin
Psycho Man
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 23, 2021 10:04 pm

Alright, I’ll bite.

1) Jigsaw (vested suit body in white)
2) Dracula (Hellfire club body as base)
3) Baron Zemo (Red Skull jumpsuit as base)
4) Mephisto
5) The Mandarin (largely new robe sculpt)
6) Sebastian Shaw shirtless
7) Baron Strucker

BAF Armadillo
Crusher Creel
Runs Around in Tights

Sun May 23, 2021 10:58 pm

This topic is right up my alley, as my collection currently stands at 70% villains (no doubles) with only a select few heroes to fend them off (spoiler alert: they can't). That being said, there are LOTS more villains I want to add to the collection. Some are redos, some are never before made and some might never be made but I want them all, nevertheless. Throwing conventional wisdom out the window, I have created a fantasy BOTBG Wave 2 that is fueled by my own passion with no regard for anyone else. Let's begin.

Absorbing Man
The BAF looks nice, but is too big and doesn't cut it with the incredible execution of Hasbro lately on the Dooms, Kangs & Thanoses of the world. Crusher needs to be smaller but still built like a truck with a face that oozes bad attitude. I don't really care if he has purple pants or prison stripes, but ideally he should have two regular arms, a left green "absorbing gamma" arm, a left gray "absorbing Mjolnir" arm and a right metallic "absorbing metal" arm with a ball & chain to match. I would probably prefer him to be deluxe release so they can give him all this stuff (and more!) but since this fantasy wave is my chance to tell the world my most wanted baddies, Crusher makes the cut.

Fixer
This guy flies waaaaaay under the radar for someone with his resume, personality and skill set. A Lee/Kirby 60's creation, Paul Norbert Ebersol was arguably the most annoying nerd (tied with Wizard/Wingless Wizard perhaps) in the Marvel Universe during a decade where it was filled to the brim with annoying nerds. In his first appearance (with the help of his sidekick Mentallo) he gave Nick Fury & S.H.I.E.L.D fits and over the next couple of decades they popped up here and there to attempt crazy science schemes and be a general pain in the ass for many Marvel heroes. Fixer ultimately split from Mentallo to do his thing as Baron Zemo's cocky IT guy and help DEFEAT THE AVENGERS. He also happened to be the chief of HYDRA's science division at one point but most know him for his inclusion as a founding member of the original Busiek Thunderbolts under the subsequently ditched moniker "Techno". During his time with the T-Bolts he's sported many looks but in my not so humble opinion none of them works as well as his classic green jumpsuit with blue tech-vest and creepy helmet. He needs a spot on my shelf.

Wrecker
Absorbing Man's BFF, he's a cool looking villain with a really unique weapon. Seems like back in the days Loki was handing out super powers left and right in an effort to take down Thor, so Wrecker and Absorbing Man both benefitted from being in the right place at the right time. He's classic muscle with countless appearances over the span of six decades and with his handy dandy crowbar he can go toe to toe with practically anyone. What about his crew, you ask? Nah. I always thought they watered him down so I'm good with just Dirk. The only figure they've made this far looks great but he's out of scale and I'd be over the moon if they gave us a redo. Smaller (about 80th Thor size) with butterfly joints for skull crushing action and maybe a slightly lighter green costume to fit in with the current (and much appreciated) Hasbro aesthetic. Make it happen, please and thank you.

Melter
Huh, third straight character with a name ending in "er". Anyway, while Absorbing Man, Fixer & Wrecker are some of my all-time personal favorite characters, Melter is not really in the same class. His costume is so out there ridiculous tho that I can't resist wanting him on my shelf, trying with all his might to melt Mr. Hyde wave Iron Man.

Moonstone
I don't know why the pulp science fiction costume design (I love that fin!) appeals to me so much, but no question about it this is the Moonstone I want. Another Masters of Evil and T-Bolts alumnus, she checks all the boxes regarding relevancy plus her cunning personality and crazy powerset allows her to be the thorn in the side of almost any hero in the collection. I never got the boxset exclusive, so a redo in this extraordinary look would be a huge win for me.

Controller
Super mean looking dude, manipulative and terrifying plus he's built like a mini Juggernaut. With the Thanos buck practically tailor made for a Controller repurpose, there's really no excuse to get this guy out there. And Hasbro better not front like he's too big for a standard release, because he's basically the same size and weight as Thing who got a standard release twice! Oh, and he's never ever been made before, so please get it done.

Constrictor
Believe it not, Constrictor was a certified, card carrying bad ass when he first showed up in the late 70's 100% believing he could take down the Hulk. More recently he's been portrayed as a less serious character (Deadpool's roommate?) but there was a stretch when he consistently gave Captain America a really hard time and quite impressively he was the only villain to tell the Serpent Society "I'm good". Perhaps most important, he inexplicably showed up as some sort of overseas exclusive in the original Secret Wars toy line of the 80's. I say inexplicably because he did not appear in the Secret Wars comic book at all, although neither did Baron Zemo, Daredevil, Hobgoblin, Iceman, Electro or Falcon and they all got made too. No FF, Hulk or Thor though, which is super weird but I digress. So I know Hasbro already made a Constrictor almost a decade ago, but let's be real, he was nice for the time but needs to be retired. A new Constrictor on a modern buck with butterfly joints and bendy coils would do just fine and will look great battling the light blue repaint of the 80th Cap that is sure to be released sooner than later.

BAF - Zzzax
Not much to say here. Zzzax (correct spelling, despite what the model sheet shows) would be a giant, thick, mostly translucent monster and I can't say no to that ever.

So there we have it. As you can see I lean heavily toward the Masters of Evil, but I sincerely hope on top of my preferred costumes they make T-Bolts versions of Fixer & Moonstone for those looking to complete that team. I'm ambitious but I'm not heartless. Also, I've got at least three other waves cooked up that would probably get me to the point of "Ok, that's pretty much everybody I need" but on the other hand I am currently reading my way through every superhero/villain comic they have on the Marvel Unlimited app (I'm currently in the middle of 1965, my goal is to at least make it to 1990) so who knows what obscure villains I'll discover along the way. Bring them on!
Grouch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 23, 2021 11:23 pm

dchimpy wrote:
This probably isn't a very popular opinion, but I'd really like am updated true 'classic' Hydra goon. Though I totally understand that he takes a slot away from a potential new character that's never been made in Legends.
I’ll second this request. Not a fan of the modern hydra goon.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Mon May 24, 2021 3:05 am

Love all the characters on your list, Crusher Creel! Excellent choices!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours

Mon May 24, 2021 1:47 pm

Crusher Creel wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 10:58 pm
Warning! FRAT! :
This topic is right up my alley, as my collection currently stands at 70% villains (no doubles) with only a select few heroes to fend them off (spoiler alert: they can't). That being said, there are LOTS more villains I want to add to the collection. Some are redos, some are never before made and some might never be made but I want them all, nevertheless. Throwing conventional wisdom out the window, I have created a fantasy BOTBG Wave 2 that is fueled by my own passion with no regard for anyone else. Let's begin.

Absorbing Man
The BAF looks nice, but is too big and doesn't cut it with the incredible execution of Hasbro lately on the Dooms, Kangs & Thanoses of the world. Crusher needs to be smaller but still built like a truck with a face that oozes bad attitude. I don't really care if he has purple pants or prison stripes, but ideally he should have two regular arms, a left green "absorbing gamma" arm, a left gray "absorbing Mjolnir" arm and a right metallic "absorbing metal" arm with a ball & chain to match. I would probably prefer him to be deluxe release so they can give him all this stuff (and more!) but since this fantasy wave is my chance to tell the world my most wanted baddies, Crusher makes the cut.

Fixer
This guy flies waaaaaay under the radar for someone with his resume, personality and skill set. A Lee/Kirby 60's creation, Paul Norbert Ebersol was arguably the most annoying nerd (tied with Wizard/Wingless Wizard perhaps) in the Marvel Universe during a decade where it was filled to the brim with annoying nerds. In his first appearance (with the help of his sidekick Mentallo) he gave Nick Fury & S.H.I.E.L.D fits and over the next couple of decades they popped up here and there to attempt crazy science schemes and be a general pain in the ass for many Marvel heroes. Fixer ultimately split from Mentallo to do his thing as Baron Zemo's cocky IT guy and help DEFEAT THE AVENGERS. He also happened to be the chief of HYDRA's science division at one point but most know him for his inclusion as a founding member of the original Busiek Thunderbolts under the subsequently ditched moniker "Techno". During his time with the T-Bolts he's sported many looks but in my not so humble opinion none of them works as well as his classic green jumpsuit with blue tech-vest and creepy helmet. He needs a spot on my shelf.

Wrecker
Absorbing Man's BFF, he's a cool looking villain with a really unique weapon. Seems like back in the days Loki was handing out super powers left and right in an effort to take down Thor, so Wrecker and Absorbing Man both benefitted from being in the right place at the right time. He's classic muscle with countless appearances over the span of six decades and with his handy dandy crowbar he can go toe to toe with practically anyone. What about his crew, you ask? Nah. I always thought they watered him down so I'm good with just Dirk. The only figure they've made this far looks great but he's out of scale and I'd be over the moon if they gave us a redo. Smaller (about 80th Thor size) with butterfly joints for skull crushing action and maybe a slightly lighter green costume to fit in with the current (and much appreciated) Hasbro aesthetic. Make it happen, please and thank you.

Melter
Huh, third straight character with a name ending in "er". Anyway, while Absorbing Man, Fixer & Wrecker are some of my all-time personal favorite characters, Melter is not really in the same class. His costume is so out there ridiculous tho that I can't resist wanting him on my shelf, trying with all his might to melt Mr. Hyde wave Iron Man.

Moonstone
I don't know why the pulp science fiction costume design (I love that fin!) appeals to me so much, but no question about it this is the Moonstone I want. Another Masters of Evil and T-Bolts alumnus, she checks all the boxes regarding relevancy plus her cunning personality and crazy powerset allows her to be the thorn in the side of almost any hero in the collection. I never got the boxset exclusive, so a redo in this extraordinary look would be a huge win for me.

Controller
Super mean looking dude, manipulative and terrifying plus he's built like a mini Juggernaut. With the Thanos buck practically tailor made for a Controller repurpose, there's really no excuse to get this guy out there. And Hasbro better not front like he's too big for a standard release, because he's basically the same size and weight as Thing who got a standard release twice! Oh, and he's never ever been made before, so please get it done.

Constrictor
Believe it not, Constrictor was a certified, card carrying bad ass when he first showed up in the late 70's 100% believing he could take down the Hulk. More recently he's been portrayed as a less serious character (Deadpool's roommate?) but there was a stretch when he consistently gave Captain America a really hard time and quite impressively he was the only villain to tell the Serpent Society "I'm good". Perhaps most important, he inexplicably showed up as some sort of overseas exclusive in the original Secret Wars toy line of the 80's. I say inexplicably because he did not appear in the Secret Wars comic book at all, although neither did Baron Zemo, Daredevil, Hobgoblin, Iceman, Electro or Falcon and they all got made too. No FF, Hulk or Thor though, which is super weird but I digress. So I know Hasbro already made a Constrictor almost a decade ago, but let's be real, he was nice for the time but needs to be retired. A new Constrictor on a modern buck with butterfly joints and bendy coils would do just fine and will look great battling the light blue repaint of the 80th Cap that is sure to be released sooner than later.

BAF - Zzzax
Not much to say here. Zzzax (correct spelling, despite what the model sheet shows) would be a giant, thick, mostly translucent monster and I can't say no to that ever.

So there we have it. As you can see I lean heavily toward the Masters of Evil, but I sincerely hope on top of my preferred costumes they make T-Bolts versions of Fixer & Moonstone for those looking to complete that team. I'm ambitious but I'm not heartless. Also, I've got at least three other waves cooked up that would probably get me to the point of "Ok, that's pretty much everybody I need" but on the other hand I am currently reading my way through every superhero/villain comic they have on the Marvel Unlimited app (I'm currently in the middle of 1965, my goal is to at least make it to 1990) so who knows what obscure villains I'll discover along the way. Bring them on!
Excellent list. None of those needed any kind of justification, but the fact that you put the effort into it certainly sells them even more. We really need more classic villains. Would have traded ANY of those, even redos like Absorbing Man and Constrictor, for God Doom, Scientist Supreme, and Hood.
frymasterak
Runs Around in Tights

Mon May 24, 2021 2:36 pm

Glaring Villain Ommisions:

Black Heart
Blob
Toad
Mandarin
Knull
Man Ape
BILLIUM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: Hasbro should upscale the new 80th Anniversary Captain America figure for an Ameridroid figure.

Mon May 24, 2021 3:02 pm

Grouch wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 11:23 pm
dchimpy wrote:
I’ll second this request. Not a fan of the modern hydra goon.
A good overlay on the new Red Skull jumpsuit body and this should work pretty well. I'd love to get some classic Hydra goons.
Rob W
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 24, 2021 3:09 pm

Crusher, I was low-key on board with your list all the way down, but then you went and picked Zzzax, and I'm all in. That guy is probably my top Legends want of all - even if I picked Armadillo in my post upthread because I assumed he might have a better chance of success.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Mon May 24, 2021 3:10 pm

frymasterak wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 2:36 pm
Glaring Villain Ommisions:

Black Heart
Blob
Toad
Mandarin
Knull
Man Ape

Knull was created in 2013 and fully revealed in 2018. Not sure he qualifies as glaring yet.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”

Recent Topics