2nd Venom wave for "Venom: Let There Be Carnage "?

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: 2nd Venom wave for "Venom: Let There Be Carnage "?

Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:50 am

Is Knull part of a Venom wave? Did they say how he was being released?

I dont care about a Knull figure. I am hoping maybe we score a movie Carnage or maybe a other figure or 2 out of the Sony movies in a Venom wave
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:19 am

Ru_1977 wrote:I guess that's fine because things change and what not, but when Peter initially got the costume he assumed it went black with that symbol because it copied Spider-Woman's outfit.

Oh thats interesting. It never occurred to me that spider-woman had the logo first. I assumed she copied it off spidey haha.

Wonder how she designed that Image

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: 2nd Venom wave for

Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:42 am

spideyboy1111 wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:19 am
Oh thats interesting. It never occurred to me that spider-woman had the logo first. I assumed she copied it off spidey haha.

Wonder how she designed that Image
To be fair, it's a weird origin. I remember at the time, Spider-Man just showed up in ASM with the black costume with little if any explanation. Because Secret Wars was running for a year, but its effects were still felt in the other series which didn't pause at all while Secret Wars was happening.

Like Thing leaving the FF and She-Hulk leaving the Avengers for the FF, I think Colossus broke up with Kitty during Secret Wars... so a lot of these series had changes of various degrees but you didn't know what led to them for at least a few months until the issue of SW where Peter got the new costume, or the final issue when Ben stayed on Battleworld or whatever. Meanwhile, by that point, ASM and FF had already been doing at least a few issues with those changes reflected.

So for all I know, because I certainly don't recall now, but Spider-Man may have shown up in his own comic with the black suit months before Spider-Woman debuted in Secret Wars, even though her appearance technically came before Peter got the costume.

But I doubt too many people who were reading the comics even then, let alone the core audience reading now who likely weren't born in 1985, remember this enough to question the spider symbol on Knull's chest. heh. And really who cares anyway. It's just an excuse to push my figurative glasses back up my nose and start yet another internet post with the word 'actually'.
blobfrombeyond
Avengers Assemble

Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:08 pm

e-rock wrote:

I dont care about a Knull figure. I am hoping maybe we score a movie Carnage or maybe a other figure or 2 out of the Sony movies in a Venom wave
I don’t think they mentioned how Knull would be released.
I assume he will be the BAF (they said he’s about 8”) in a Venom wave.
Unless they decide to make him a Deluxe release.
Subby
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:27 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:56 am
OG_Venom wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:40 am
EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:28 am
So I see Knull was introduced in 2018 so yea, not many would have seen him. First question--why does he have a spider symbol on his chest? Venom has one from his association with Parker, but this guy having one surprises me.
It's actually a dragon that Knull has

Err...so why is the design of this apparently eight-legged dragon virtually identical to the Venom logo?

Laziness. Knull looks cool but the whole idea of a god of symbiotes is very stupid IMO.

I just want Agony and Riot now and a repainted retro Venom with a Mark Bagley’s Lethal Protector head sculpt.
fingfangfoom
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:35 am

blobfrombeyond wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:08 pm
e-rock wrote:

I don’t think they mentioned how Knull would be released.
I assume he will be the BAF (they said he’s about 8”) in a Venom wave.
Unless they decide to make him a Deluxe release.
Seems like Knull would be a good candidate for a BaF.
He’s in the Contest of Champions game, so he could be part of a Gamerverse wave.
AndyTrevino
Avengers Assemble

Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:24 pm

I don't think it's usually like them to fully reveal BAFs like this. He might just be single-carded.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”