Spider-Man Retro Wave 2 wishlist - who would you pick?

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Spider-Man Retro Wave 2 wishlist - who would you pick?

Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:41 pm

tatooinesandworm wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:24 pm
Wave 2 is scheduled for January '22.

I have heard from a couple sources that this is still solicited to them:
F22XX Fennel (FF Spider-Man)
F22XX Ube (Uncle Ben)
F22XX Cabbage (Chameloen)
F22XX Kale (Kraven)
F22XX Jackfruit (Jack o' Lantern)
F22XX Carrot (Carnage)

FF Spider-Man was inevitable.
Uncle Ben is exciting both to fill out the Spider-Shelf and that he's never had a figure in Legends or the previous 5" lines.
Chameleon could be the Red Skull/Dormammu body with some overlays for his Animated look.
Kraven, meh, already released in both a modern and classic look, so another one isn't that exciting to me. Maybe he'll be wearing the black Spider-Man costume?
Jack O'Lantern I would love a new classic JO'L!
Carnage irritates me the most. Carnage has seen 3 releases recently and none are that unique. Outside of more symbiote arm attachments I don't see what they would to do make a Retro release interesting?
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:44 pm

Uncle Ben is probably a Spiderverse variant.

Chameleon I’m torn on. I could skip an animated version, but I’d love a smoking jacket version. I have the Rhino wave one, but I would replace him with one showing a little more personality.

Jack O’Lantern has to be a classic version. While I’m a proponent of (eventually) redoing anyone released on molds with ball-hips, it seems redundant to do the same version twice in a row.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:46 pm

tatooinesandworm wrote:

I am still trying to nail down the line up.

F22XX Ube (Uncle Ben)
F22XX Kale (Kraven)
F22XX Carrot (Carnage)

However, I have heard from other sources that the wave is being solicited blind and that it is just a 6 figure retro carded wave. Until I am confident in the line-up I won't post to the front page checklist.

Also, this is still completely different from the Oct 2021 Spider-Man wave that has the Gamerverse Miles in it, correct? Those codenames are different than the above.
Aleks
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:48 pm

Making black suit spider-man on a new mold a Target Exclusive is the most idiotic thing they can do.

It's like showing you a middle finger...Especially when you have Web Man as fan channel.
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:03 pm

Here are my guesses

TAS Venom

Ben Reilly Spider-Man

Classic Kaine Parker

TAS Dr. Octopus

TAS Shocker

Shriek

2-pack featuring Spider-Girl and Crazy Eight

BAF Rhino

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:09 pm

sepster wrote:
tatooinesandworm wrote:

I am still trying to nail down the line up.

F22XX Ube (Uncle Ben)
F22XX Kale (Kraven)
F22XX Carrot (Carnage)

However, I have heard from other sources that the wave is being solicited blind and that it is just a 6 figure retro carded wave. Until I am confident in the line-up I won't post to the front page checklist.

Also, this is still completely different from the Oct 2021 Spider-Man wave that has the Gamerverse Miles in it, correct? Those codenames are different than the above.
Correct, this is not that

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:09 pm

panther10 wrote:Here are my guesses

TAS Venom

Ben Reilly Spider-Man

Classic Kaine Parker

TAS Dr. Octopus

TAS Shocker

Shriek

BAF Rhino

Outside of MCU IW/Endgame Thanos, have they redone a BAF as a BAF? I gladly welcome a Rhino deluxe, but doubt he gets a BAF again. Grizzly and Aramdillo are way more likely candidates.

Otherwise, there’s plenty of precedent of BAFs being rereleases as deluxes or in sets:
MCU Ultron
MCU Giant Man
MCU Hulkbuster
MCU Thanos (both versions)
MCU Cull Obsidian
Abomination
Kingpin
Monster Venom
Juggernaut
Rocket Racoon
Puck
Hit Monkey

and the saddest: Ares rereleased in a BAF wave as a regular character
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:10 pm

Aleks wrote:Making black suit spider-man on a new mold a Target Exclusive is the most idiotic thing they can do.

It's like showing you a middle finger...Especially when you have Web Man as fan channel.
But thats the point.. thats exactly what they did with rogue and gambit... the store is going to want the hotter items

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

tatooinesandworm
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:12 pm

StuartGreen83 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:49 pm
@tatooinesandworm - Do you know anything about the current "Marvel MVL Legends Octopus" listing on Amazon Mexico found on Twitter? Do you know if it's a Retro Spider-Man wave figure for Doctor Octopus or is it something different? Or do you not know the details about that one yet?
I don't know what it is - other than it appeared on solicitations before appearing on Amazon Mexico.

I have these 4 listings and can't find any other information on them:

MVL LEGENDS 6 INCH BLACK AND WHITE 5010993815555
MVL LEGENDS BLACK WIDOW 5010993736911
MVL LEGENDS OCTOPUS 5010993834693
MVL LEGENDS TASKMASTER 5010993737031
sepster wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:46 pm
Correct - they are different waves. The October 2021 wave is the one that rumors are swirling about being cancelled because EE cancelled wholesale orders. Whether that means that likeness rights delayed the wave, the wave line up changed and they need to resolicit, EE oversold their confirmed orders for the wave, or Hasbro asked them to cancel orders because they weren't even supposed to be selling it yet, I don't know. EE is the only place indicating that there is any sort of issue with the No Way Home October 2021 wave.
Rob W
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:15 pm

For a variety of reasons, the rumoured wave is a slam dunk for me - never got the 2 pack Kraven or either of the 2 new Carnage’s for a start, so they’re wins for me. I still think there’s scope for the apex Carnage by combining the various previous parts - new textured body, blade hand, alt unmasked head, etc.

I love Jack O’Lantern’s classic look, so I’d be very much in for that - with his flying disc, please. And smoking jacket Chameleon would be awesome, but I’d take the animated look as a close second.

Uncle Ben is still a weird choice, but if they get us a May too (and there’s no realistic way they wouldn’t) they’d be good to display together.

FF Spidey is presumably the white suit, which would be a pass, but if it turned out to be Bagman, I’d have to grab one.

If they make the right picks for this wave, I’m in for it all in a big way.

panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:17 pm

september_death wrote:
panther10 wrote:Here are my guesses

TAS Venom

Ben Reilly Spider-Man

Classic Kaine Parker

TAS Dr. Octopus

TAS Shocker

Shriek

BAF Rhino

Outside of MCU IW/Endgame Thanos, have they redone a BAF as a BAF? I gladly welcome a Rhino deluxe, but doubt he gets a BAF again. Grizzly and Aramdillo are way more likely candidates.

Otherwise, there’s plenty of precedent of BAFs being rereleases as deluxes or in sets:
MCU Ultron
MCU Giant Man
MCU Hulkbuster
MCU Thanos (both versions)
MCU Cull Obsidian
Abomination
Kingpin
Monster Venom
Juggernaut
Rocket Racoon
Puck
Hit Monkey

and the saddest: Ares rereleased in a BAF wave as a regular character
I guess you could opt for placing Rhino as a deluxe format kind of figure, but I was trying my best to follow the typical Hasbro formula of structuring a wave with newly sculpted figures/second chances & repaints/mixed media designs and then I tried to pick and choose the characters that made the most sense within that framework.

StuartGreen83
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:27 pm

@tatooinesandworm - Thanks for the response, I appreciate it. I guess we'll see whether Octopus turns out to be some kind of Retro Doctor Octopus figure or an "Into The Spider-Verse" film Doc Ock.

@panther10 - Since the Retro waves don't have Build-A-Figures, I'd guess Rhino would be a Deluxe, which I'd actually prefer since I hate Build-A-Figures. That said, I would LOVE figures of Shriek, Ben Reilly Spider-Man and classic Kaine. Classic Stunner and Armani suit Doc Ock with bendable wire tentacles would be great as well. I'd also love a figure of Fusion from Paul Jenkins' "Peter Parker" run eventually. I also don't know if Venom, Doc Ock and Shocker would be animated series figures, but since I believe Dan Yun did bring it up during one of the Hasbro Q&A fan videos about whether fans would like an animated version of Chameleon, that wouldn't surprise me. I'd love some Spider-Man animated series figures (especially the Insidious Six characters, Alistair Smythe in his hoverchair, Venom, the Green Goblin and civilians like Norman Osborn, Mary Jane Watson, Felicia Hardy, J. Jonah Jameson and Peter Parker). I'm torn on Doc Ock, since I want figures of a classic Doc Ock AND an animated Doc Ock, especially since the previous animated series Ock figures had terrible, TERRIBLE tentacles (and this is coming from a HUGE Toy Biz fan).

Since Spider-Man has his 60th anniversary next year, maybe we'll get some of the listed figures released next year instead. I'd love to see figures for Aunt May Parker, first appearance Spider-Man in a two-pack with the Burglar, and some more classic Retro figures for 2022. Time will tell what Hasbro has in mind.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:00 pm

Rhino as a deluxe release on Retro Card is a must. The BaF is nearly impossible to build these days with the Superior Venom piece by itself selling for more than most completed BAF's on the secondary market.

If the rumored line up is true I think I can comfortably skip several of them. I can't imagine what a new Kraven release could bring to the table that I don't already have. Likewise I have so many Carnage figures already there's almost nothing they could do to sell that to me.

Since the Retro line is often about minimal new tooling there are any number of Spidey characters that we don't have in Legends that I'd be happy to get that would be pretty cheap and easy to do - Will O' the Wisp, Spot, the Rose, Mr. Negative - but if they wanted to sprinkle some new tooling in Caridac and Swarm would be awesome. Also this is the only place to do Web Armor Spider-Man which is a glaringly needed variant at this point

I get that the retro line is a way to re-release characters that newbies might have missed, but everything in the rumored Retro 2 wave is a character we already have with the exception of Ben (unless the FF Spidey turns out to be the Bagman version) and it would be cool if they used it to in sprinkle in a few more new characters, IMO
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:18 pm

This list is fine. Would especially be excited about Jack O’Lantern if he’s classic.

Also hope that the rumored classic Shocker comes out this year.

Dorlando_calrissian
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:29 pm

Not sure if I like the old or new listings better. I KNOW I would buy FF Spider-Man (that white and black look is just amazing), and chameleon. I MIGHT but uncle Ben. I don’t like carnage, have no connection to Jack o lantern, and I’m pretty content with the 2 pack kraven.

As far as the other listing with Black suit, shocker, and hob goblin, I KNOW I would buy all of those. I hope those are still down the pipe somewhere.

If we’re getting uncle Ben, I hope we could get homemade suit Spider-Man down the road. I really like the one from the PS4 game (I think it’s based on the ultimate comics?) so they could chuck a gamerverse sticker on their and sell it at GameStop if they wanted.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”