Iron Man Retro Wave Wishlist

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Beamish
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Iron Man Retro Wave Wishlist

Sat May 21, 2022 4:47 pm

MarvelLegendsMan wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 2:41 pm
Stingray is one of my most wanted non-X-Men figures in the entire line, and the same goes for Crimson Dynamo Mark 4 and Mark 5.

Add in Mandarin, Blacklash, Madame Masque, Extremis Iron Man, Count Nefaria, and Graviton, and I'd buy the entire wave.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
If all of these characters were released as part of the same wave with the remainder as Deluxe/Fan Channel releases, that would be the absolute best wave ever, even without Moondragon! Throw in an alternate head for the clone/duplicate/Avenger Masque and I'd buy two of her.
Just the visual alone: Extremis Iron Man, Stingray and Masque surrounded Mandarin, Blacklash, Madame Masque, Count Nefaria, Graviton, Crimson Dynamo Mark 4 and Mark 5 - heaven!
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 21, 2022 5:12 pm

Akatsuki wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 3:45 pm
I would want either the animated costume for Mandarin or the green armored look he has from the Enter the Mandarin comic. Kind of like the 4” figure.

The robes are fine as a costume but would kill articulation, and Mandarin is a martial arts master. He needs super articulation and range of motion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think this is where I'm at.. The robe my be Iconic, but a toy of that would be terrible. This costume at least would make for a good figure.
Ibentmyman-thing
Shakespeare of Fwoosh

Sat May 21, 2022 5:16 pm

Acts of Vengeance armored Mandarin above all.
DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 21, 2022 5:32 pm

All for a few Mandarins. If they are looking to do a cost effective neo-classical Mandarin it's as simple as a Hand warrior colored green & purple with new head, hands and purple cape. I used a painted Articulated icons ninja and DCUC cape for a similar custom. He really is a character you can riff on as he has no real iconic look more just a vibe.
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 21, 2022 5:33 pm

Ibentmyman-thing wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 5:16 pm
Acts of Vengeance armored Mandarin above all.
I did like that look, too, with the green armor being a close second. I’d be happy with either. Robed Mandarin look is good, but as we learned in the face off pack, it amounts to a statue in figure form.

Oh, and I’d take the orange too.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 21, 2022 5:48 pm

I love the Acts of Vengeance armored look for Mandarin.

I'm not a huge fan of Mandarin as a character (he's just all over the place over the year, he doesn't even feel like the same character from one writer to the next). That said, a few of his designs would work as a figure. The mostly naked one would work as a figure. Or acts of Vengeance. Or a modification of the Hand Ninja as DerRabbi states could work. The completely robed one would just be the least interesting as figures go.
BILLIUM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: Hasbro should upscale the new 80th Anniversary Captain America figure for an Ameridroid figure.

Sat May 21, 2022 5:51 pm

I wish Hasbro could do a good soft goods robe for Mandarin. The robed look is my favorite Mandarin design.

I guess an "Acts of Vengeance" Mandarin would be okay.
fac
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 21, 2022 6:23 pm

It is surprising they never re-released or updated the Rescue from the Marvel Unlimited subscription bundle. That seems like a good candidate for a retro wave like this.

I get the concern about Mandarin's robes restricting movement, but it is the look I'd most like to get.
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 21, 2022 8:36 pm

BILLIUM wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 5:51 pm
I wish Hasbro could do a good soft goods robe for Mandarin. The robed look is my favorite Mandarin design.

I guess an "Acts of Vengeance" Mandarin would be okay.
Hasbro soft goods would be so bad though. It would probably look terrible.

I'm not a big Acts of Vengeance costume guy myself.
kbaxter74
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 21, 2022 10:59 pm

Simple answer.... give us all the Mandarins

Maybe a click on Mandarin collector set with 5 different costumes to mix and match

Or just a 6 figure box set of all Mandarins

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty

Sat May 21, 2022 11:21 pm

Stark Resilient wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 5:12 pm
Akatsuki wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 3:45 pm
I would want either the animated costume for Mandarin or the green armored look he has from the Enter the Mandarin comic. Kind of like the 4” figure.

The robes are fine as a costume but would kill articulation, and Mandarin is a martial arts master. He needs super articulation and range of motion.

I think this is where I'm at.. The robe my be Iconic, but a toy of that would be terrible. This costume at least would make for a good figure.
Exactly why I changed my mind. The robe is just a difficult thing to translate to a figure.
MagnusPrimal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 22, 2022 4:18 am

Stark Resilient wrote:How have we gotten this far into a female Iron Man related character discussion with no one saying Rescue?

Also, I know Iron Man's supporting cast is no where near as popular as Spider-Man's but shit I would LOVE Pepper and Beth Cabe
I’d get Pepper and Bethany. No interest in Rescue though.

MagnusPrimal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Iron Man Retro Wave Wishlist

Sun May 22, 2022 4:20 am

Basil Elks wrote:
El Honez wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 11:18 pm
This version of Mandarin seems like a long shot:

My most wanted version of Mandarin.
The picture isn’t showing for me. Which version is it?
Edit: it’s the mostly naked one, isn’t it? Never mind.

MarvelLegendsMan
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun May 22, 2022 8:46 pm

Beamish wrote:
MarvelLegendsMan wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 2:41 pm
Stingray is one of my most wanted non-X-Men figures in the entire line, and the same goes for Crimson Dynamo Mark 4 and Mark 5.

Add in Mandarin, Blacklash, Madame Masque, Extremis Iron Man, Count Nefaria, and Graviton, and I'd buy the entire wave.

If all of these characters were released as part of the same wave with the remainder as Deluxe/Fan Channel releases, that would be the absolute best wave ever, even without Moondragon! Throw in an alternate head for the clone/duplicate/Avenger Masque and I'd buy two of her.
Just the visual alone: Extremis Iron Man, Stingray and Masque surrounded Mandarin, Blacklash, Madame Masque, Count Nefaria, Graviton, Crimson Dynamo Mark 4 and Mark 5 - heaven!
Isn't it crazy how many figures we already have in the line, and yet I can't believe they still haven't made any of these (or, for that matter, Moondragon, plenty of X-Men, and so many other characters or looks).

I guess the founder of the daily wishlist thread would know better than anyone!

Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Mon May 23, 2022 2:57 am

I’ve been thinking lately, that despite how much I want Heroes Return IM, I don’t think he’d take the place as my main Iron Man on the shelf. My shelf is so 90’s themed, Modular just makes the money sense. Or 80th Anniversary to reflect his most iconic armor. I guess Heroes Return is technically a 90’s creation as well, but the Modular look just looks right next to the likes of Jim Lee X-men.

At least I have the armory display so he wouldn’t be at risk of ending up in a box if he doesn’t make the main shelf.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”