Iron Man Retro Wave Wishlist

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Iron Man Retro Wave Wishlist

Thu May 19, 2022 1:12 pm

Stark Resilient wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 4:53 am
If they do a retro Iron Man Wave, i expect to see Mandarin and Blacklash.
This seems most likely, and probably one wildcard choice that wasn't in the original line.
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Thu May 19, 2022 1:44 pm

What are the odds that we see a rerelease of that Dreadknight from a few years back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 1:46 pm

panther10 wrote:What are the odds that we see a rerelease of that Dreadknight from a few years back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When retro figures started, I’d have said strong. But two waves of Spidey figures and we don’t get a straight Hobgoblin rerelease, I’m not sure. I have almost every other figure on that body (and multiples of some) with no issues, but I know a lot of people have QC issues with the scales arms/legs.
VonDoom62
CROM!

Thu May 19, 2022 5:39 pm

Red & Yellow Modular Iron Man, Madame Masque with double jointed elbows, and the Mandarin are what I REALLY want to see from this line. I'm at the point where I'll take almost any Mandarin they want to give us. I'd be in heaven if all three of these managed to make it.

A rerelease of Dread Knight, a new Crimson Dynamo, and Blizzard 1 would also be nice to see.
Dorlando_calrissian
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 5:53 pm

Modular iron man seems like a no brainer along with a silver centurion repaint and mandarin.

Others I’d like to see would be a classic space armor and iron man MK 1 in silver. I don’t know what all figures were in the toybiz wave but I’m sure you can Chuck in crimson dynamo and titanium man as locks as well.
DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 5:54 pm

This is the Crimson Dynamo we need.

sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 6:32 pm

Taking a pass on War Machine, he's just not different enough from the Deluxe release for me to double dip. If this were the Modular Armor repainted as Capcom War Machine, I would have been all over it.
dchimpy
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu May 19, 2022 6:38 pm

I'm pretty sure he wasn't part of the Toy Biz Iron Man line, but I truly, deeply want an updated Neo-Classic Armor that's more in scale with the Classic Armor, SC Armor, Modular and War-Machine. The one that we have is just too darn tiny, and Neo-Classic is my second favorite next to the original Classic Armor.
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Thu May 19, 2022 6:39 pm

Really curious which Mandarin we’d see in this line. I think we’ve seen from all the retro waves released so far that Hasbro doesn’t really care what looks or characters were in the original TB lines, however they do somewhat stick with the general 90’s vibe of most characters.

We never got any straight up animated designs from any Spidey villains, but I wouldn’t see them just dropping a 70’s cloaked Mandarin in this wave. And unless they bring out the armored look from Acts of Vengeance, a take on the animated look makes the most sense.

I could also see this wave giving us either the classic gold or gray first appearance armors and then providing the mold to reuse those parts for the other color as a separate deluxe figure or BAF.
DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 7:05 pm

A 60's / 70's Mandarin could be more readily realized with the Red Skull buck with new hands, head and cape. He's just as often presented that way as being in a full cloak. You could maybe use some of the Gorr skirt pieces if you wanted to get him more fully cloaked as well. He really is presented in a lot of ways.
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 7:23 pm

DerRabbi wrote:

A little louder for the people in the back.
canprime
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu May 19, 2022 7:57 pm

Stark Resilient wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 7:23 pm
DerRabbi wrote:

A little louder for the people in the back.
HEY KEEP IT DOWN!!!!! :lol:

I really want this version of Crimson Dynamo (mk 4?). However I don't know that we would see him in the Retro line because he was never in this armour in the original line. Same with Titanium Man. Personally I would be fine with them ignoring that aspect of the theme, but I don't see it happening.

As for possible characters, I think we shouldn't get our hopes up too high on a lot of new characters/molding. The FF line was 4 reissues and 2 new characters. Granted that allowed for a lot of budget to go towards the new characters, and the remolded pieces on the reissues (though they should have burned that Sue head before ever releasing it).

So far we have a War Machine with new paint (and hands?) but less accessories than the original deluxe release. Modular Iron Man in cartoon colours is a pretty sure bet. So 2 cheapos that save budget hopefully means 2 new figures and 2 other reissues with molding changes.

I'm sticking with my original list:

War Machine (almost no budget)
Modular (almost no budge)
Grey Gargoyle (in the original show/line, almost no budget)
Julia Carpenter Spider Woman (female, new head)
Mandarin (new mold with lots of reuse potential for the future, avoids the cultural stereotype problems with the animated look)
Blacklash (reused buck, the rest is all new)

Forgot to add, give me a nice Oversized surprise (Hulkbuster please).

Man I can't wait for more reveals, can we have them now please Hasbro? :D
El Honez
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 7:59 pm

I want a proper Gregor Shapanka Blizzard in his 1.0 Ice Ninja look:

El Honez
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 8:01 pm

Plus, could they justify a Dreadnought in this line?

DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 8:07 pm

The classics line isn't a 1 to 1 interpretation of the old Toybiz line. It references it; sometimes updates it; but they've even stated it isn't a remake line.

Dreadnaught would be awesome but surely he'd be BAF material, right?

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”