Iron Man Retro Wave Wishlist

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Iron Man Retro Wave Wishlist

Thu May 19, 2022 2:17 am

I don’t see the need for a second Grey Gargoyle. That whole wave rotted on pegs. The only way they’re giving him a figure worth $25 four years later is to give him a dedicated sculpt, which isn’t happening.

Plenty of IM characters that can be done with limited new parts without wasting a spot on GG again.
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 2:34 am

I don't now if i should expect a full wave or another one off.

Dwight had mentioned that he was working on another Iron Man figure in an interview. I'm sure that will be released on a Retro Card. Red and Yellow Modular Iron Man feels like a no brainer for that now.
la6689
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 3:33 am

Stark Resilient wrote:I don't now if i should expect a full wave or another one off.

Dwight had mentioned that he was working on another Iron Man figure in an interview. I'm sure that will be released on a Retro Card. Red and Yellow Modular Iron Man feels like a no brainer for that now.
Have they done a one-off retro carded figure yet? They’ve always lead to waves right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beamish
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 3:57 am

With all of the amazing classic villains we've gotten recently or are getting soon - Dr. Doom, Dormammu, Red Skull, Ultron, Baron Zemo, Psycho-Man, High Evolutionary, M.O.D.O.K., Sandman, Rhino, etc. - classic Mandarin and classic Crimson Dynamo hopefully won't be far behind. These two long overdue figures and the hinted at Blacklash on Iron Man retro cards would be perfect.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 3:57 am

So far they have led to full waves. Marvel Super Heroes Wave 1 was first and was a full wave. Then, a second full wave. Next was a full wave of X-Men retro. Next a full Spider-man wave. Then Dr Doom was released as a single that then lead into a full Fantastic Four Wave. Now, we have War Machine as a single release Iron Man Retro. A full wave has to be coming.
BILLIUM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: Hasbro should upscale the new 80th Anniversary Captain America figure for an Ameridroid figure.

Thu May 19, 2022 4:09 am

la6689 wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 3:33 am
Stark Resilient wrote:I don't now if i should expect a full wave or another one off.

Have they done a one-off retro carded figure yet? They’ve always lead to waves right?

Retro Deadpool on the X-Force card is the only time I can think of getting a one-off Retro carded figure. And Retro Silver Samurai was the only one to get the X-Villain card from the old X-Men toy line. Ryan mentioned wanting to use that villain card again, but so far nothing's come of it.
100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty

Thu May 19, 2022 4:20 am

I can't read all the comments, this thread grew 7 pages since the last time I looked in.

So I'm just putting this out there, my guesses for what else might be coming:

Modular Armor - the repaint we all wanted the first time.
Titanium Man - the version we got yrs. ago but updated version.

Crimson Dynamo - either the same as titanium man or possibly the classic version we all want. The reason I don't think it will be classic is these will be based off the old 5" versions.

Iron Man - I don't know which one but there will probably be another iron man. I'd say a war machine version of the modular armor but I doubt they'd put 2 of the same repaint in one wave.

Mandarin - sadly I think they will give us the animated version since these are retro cards. And I really don't want the animated version.

What I wouldn't mind seeing is Century, I think they did him in the old 5" line. He's my dark horse.
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 4:53 am

If they do a retro Iron Man Wave, i expect to see Mandarin and Blacklash.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Thu May 19, 2022 5:23 am

Honestly it’s a waste if those two aren’t made.

I wonder if the new policy will also have them make sure to include more than just repackaged repaints on this card. Sure they could do Julia Carpenter, Clint Barton, Whirlwind in the silver and green, all the armor variations like Silver Centurion, Stealth, or Grey Gargoyle. They could do easy options… I’m hoping they took into consideration the end of retro packaging as we know it and decided on more adventurous options. Century and US Agent from Force Works would be cool. They can throw In Dreadknight and I won’t begrudge them. That was a hard to get exclusive. It would be a nice addition and lair up well with Mandarin in the armor and Blacklash. I do expect yellow and red Modular IM but really hope for unique accessories, 90s unmasked head sculpt with the mullet. I don’t expect a Marvel Super Heroes plasma cannon. I’d want the Crimson Dynamo we’ve been all wanting but don’t expect they do too much new. They usually do six in these retros right? Three will probably be repaints with three new. Problem is this hitting so late in the retro run and new plastic packaging policy. I hope they are all must gets.

Thwipp!

Tenement Funster
Super Poseable

Thu May 19, 2022 5:30 am

Prophet924 wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 5:23 am
Honestly it’s a waste if those two aren’t made.

I wonder if the new policy will also have them make sure to include more than just repackaged repaints on this card. Sure they could do Julia Carpenter, Clint Barton, Whirlwind in the silver and green, all the armor variations like Silver Centurion, Stealth, or Grey Gargoyle. They could do easy options… I’m hoping they took into consideration the end of retro packaging as we know it and decided on more adventurous options. Century and US Agent from Force Works would be cool. They can throw In Dreadknight and I won’t begrudge them. That was a hard to get exclusive. It would be a nice addition and lair up well with Mandarin in the armor and Blacklash. I do expect yellow and red Modular IM but really hope for unique accessories, 90s unmasked head sculpt with the mullet. I don’t expect a Marvel Super Heroes plasma cannon. I’d want the Crimson Dynamo we’ve been all wanting but don’t expect they do too much new. They usually do six in these retros right? Three will probably be repaints with three new. Problem is this hitting so late in the retro run and new plastic packaging policy. I hope they are all must gets.

Thwipp!

My guess/ hope is that the retro packaging are excluded from the asinine new plastic-less packaging directive.
I'm setting up a mini- Toys-R-us in my basement and I adore these retro packaging. I buy out all the clearance stuff when I find it.
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Thu May 19, 2022 5:33 am

I’m honestly surprised that the repaint of the deluxe war machine was first on the menu for this wave instead of the titular character in his modular armor. Don’t get me wrong, I was always more of a mark for Rhodey than Iron Man growing up and I will always love this suit but talk about a swerve. The moment I saw the iron man logo and the card art, followed shortly by the figure itself, I believe my state of emotions transitioned from in about 1.5 seconds lol

StuartGreen83
Runs Around in Tights

Thu May 19, 2022 6:21 am

I'm thrilled we're getting Retro Iron Man figures. War Machine looks great! I'd love to see a few of the figures based on the "Iron Man" animated series, especially Mandarin and Blacklash. Blizzard would be a nice pick too. I don't think we'd get a Force Works version of U.S. Agent since we're getting the Avengers version this fall, but that'd be cool if they did. I'm also hopeful we'll get a Modular red-and-yellow repaint and a Neo-Classic armor on a bigger/taller body mold.
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 6:47 am

StuartGreen83 wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 6:21 am
I'm thrilled we're getting Retro Iron Man figures. War Machine looks great! I'd love to see a few of the figures based on the "Iron Man" animated series, especially Mandarin and Blacklash. Blizzard would be a nice pick too. I don't think we'd get a Force Works version of U.S. Agent since we're getting the Avengers version this fall, but that'd be cool if they did. I'm also hopeful we'll get a Modular red-and-yellow repaint and a Neo-Classic armor on a bigger/taller body mold.
I’d love to see them tackle Dark Aegis or Hypnotia too.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Thu May 19, 2022 12:12 pm

Dark Aegis would be obscure but would be such a fun character to include. Love getting more armored villains for Iron Man!

Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Thu May 19, 2022 12:14 pm

I’d love to get these versions (more or less) of Titanium Man (modern/Gremlin) and Crimson Dynamo Mark 5 in this Retro wave!

Definitely need the classic versions of Titanium Man 1 and Crimson Dynamo Mark 3 and Mark 4 as well.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”