Iron Man Retro Wave Wishlist

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Beamish
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Iron Man Retro Wave Wishlist

Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:28 pm

C'mon Hasbro...

Mark_Bowen
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:25 pm

kbaxter74 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:16 am
Stark Resilient wrote:
kbaxter74 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:27 am
My Iron Man wave submission
Extremis Armor
Superior Iron Man
Blacklash
Mandarin
Maria Hill
Madame Masque
Crimson Dynamo
BAF Titanium Man
Replace Superior with something more worth while and I'm in.
No. :)
Heck yeah, great wave! And I'm right there with ya in wanting Superior IM. It was such a great, sleek look, and totally stood out from the typical IM fare. He'd *have* to come with a faceplate-off alternate head.
RAM
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:50 pm

Stark Resilient wrote:
aceofknaves wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:01 pm
spideyboy1111 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:13 pm
Seconded

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Thirded! I want both, but I especially want the chunky-boots version redone.
They had the right idea with the original cancelled release of the slim boot version: Include both and make them swappable. I'd also like to see a way to make the shoulder pads swappable, as well. I could easily end up with 3 versions of this armor to satisfy all the different versions of it.

Ooh I like that idea.I’d get at least 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FlexionDynamo
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:19 pm

Just read the avengers issues where the Avengers, Alpha Flight and the Peoples Protectorate along with Stingray save Newfoundland from Russian Terrorist.

I kept thinking, " if the did Stingray in ML it would be very similar to Falcon...." It also made me want Box, Crimson Dynamo and a comic Sersi...
fletch137
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:00 am

Basil Elks wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:17 am
YES!!! That's the Mandarin that I want the most, too. :D <3
Did we just become best friends?!?
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:15 am

badguy543 wrote:If the retro line is supposed to be a sort of update to the animated line that would disqualify some of my favorite Ironman villains. But there is still plenty to work with especially if they resurrect some of the designs from the 5th wave.

1. Dark Aegis
2. Animated Mandarin
3. Modular Armor yellow and red
4.Magnetic Armor Ironman
5. Living Laser
6. Hydro Armor Ironman

Now if its supposed to be limited to characters that appeared in the animated series or included in the toy line for it, my list changes a bit

1. Dark Aegis
2. Sunturion
3. Modular Armor yellow and red
4.The Controller
5. Living Laser
6. Firebrand
Dark Aegis was such a fun villain. I’d love a figure of him. You could get away with reusing a lot of BAF Crimson Dynamo, which is a great figure itself. So I think a Dark Aegis figure would end up being really nice.

Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:29 am

Stark Resilient wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:04 pm
I'll admit some of the winds have been taken out of my sails for a BaF Titanium Man after getting the Select. I still want Hasbro to make one eventually, but I wouldn't mind seeing a Hulkbuster or Controller BaF first.
I'm absolutely floored by this admission. I agree with you and have the same sentiment. I'm just flabbergasted to hear this coming from you.

Iron Man, Heroes Return
Iron Man, Space Armor
Blacklash/Whiplash
Crimson Dynamo IV
Morgana Le Fay
Stingray
Vanguard
BAF Firepower or 80s Mandroid

vintage wave
Iron Man, Neo-Classic
War Machine, Capcom (modular IM repainted)
Controller
Madame Masque
Mandarin
Titanium Man II

Heroes Return packed 2:case, since a basic Iron Man will have to be 2x case. I would put the Neo-Classic or Extremis in the wave instead of Space Armor, but I don't think there would be two heavy-hitter anchor armors in one wave. Maybe hoping for two Soviet Super-Soldiers/Winter Guard members in one wave is pushing it. I just decided to split my picks into 2 waves. BAF and Vintage.
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:05 am

Ash Talon wrote:
Stark Resilient wrote:
I'll admit some of the winds have been taken out of my sails for a BaF Titanium Man after getting the Select. I still want Hasbro to make one eventually, but I wouldn't mind seeing a Hulkbuster or Controller BaF first.
I'm absolutely floored by this admission. I agree with you and have the same sentiment. I'm just flabbergasted to hear this coming from you.
Titanium Man is still my BaF choice in the Top 10, but I can't deny Select is really well done. There's not a whole lot I would change about him out side of double knees and elbows. If it meant getting an actual Iron Man Villain as a BaF this time around, I would be okay with Titanium Man being the next next BaF.
FlexionDynamo
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:54 pm

I am so happy with my DS Titanium, man I'll go Crimson Dynamo for a BAF pick.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:20 pm

Stark Resilient wrote:
Ash Talon wrote:
Stark Resilient wrote:
Titanium Man is still my BaF choice in the Top 10, but I can't deny Select is really well done. There's not a whole lot I would change about him out side of double knees and elbows. If it meant getting an actual Iron Man Villain as a BaF this time around, I would be okay with Titanium Man being the next next BaF.
I like the look of the figure - even with the more limited articulation compared to Legends. What put me off buying this (after making leaps and strides of removing Selects from my Legends collection over the last few years) is that his unmasked head is the size of a Legends' torso lol

I just had a hard time fudging the scale on that one.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:38 pm

So don't use the unmasked head? I know I'm never using it.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Iron Man Retro Wave Wishlist

Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:55 pm

Enforcer wrote:
Stark Resilient wrote:
Ash Talon wrote:

I like the look of the figure - even with the more limited articulation compared to Legends. What put me off buying this (after making leaps and strides of removing Selects from my Legends collection over the last few years) is that his unmasked head is the size of a Legends' torso lol

It’s comic accurate. Titanium Man became giant at one point. He’s a giant even without armor.

Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:58 pm

Enforcer wrote:
Stark Resilient wrote:
Ash Talon wrote:

I have good news for you.. That scale is accurate. Boris Bullski is a giant outside of the armor.

Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:59 pm

Akatsuki wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:55 pm
Enforcer wrote:
Stark Resilient wrote:

It’s comic accurate. Titanium Man became giant at one point. He’s a giant even without armor.

Jinx!
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:48 pm

Stark Resilient wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:58 pm
Enforcer wrote:
Stark Resilient wrote:

I have good news for you.. That scale is accurate. Boris Bullski is a giant outside of the armor.

...well.... god damn it. *Checks for places that still have this in stock*

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”