HasLab Galactus Discussion

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
mr Articulate
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: HasLab FF Galactus (?) Discussion

Sun May 02, 2021 8:55 pm

They could do watcher with different heads to make for different ways he was drawn as well as other members of his race. Maybe a MCU Stan Lee in space suit as a bonus?
Hagop
Pietro's Running Mate

Sun May 02, 2021 10:49 pm

It looks like rumor has it there will be a What If? Disney+ wave with a BaF. If that's true, hard to imagine that wouldn't be the Watcher. Right?
fac
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon May 03, 2021 12:25 am

Hagop wrote:
It looks like rumor has it there will be a What If? Disney+ wave with a BaF. If that's true, hard to imagine that wouldn't be the Watcher. Right?
I will be shocked if it isn't, especially if the rumor that the whole wave will be What If? figures is true. Given what I expect will be a lot of reuse in the wave there should be plenty of budget for an all new Watcher figure.
Jax
Runs Around in Tights

Mon May 03, 2021 12:46 am

So no HasLab Foom?
Jojo_W.
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 03, 2021 1:21 am

Hagop wrote:
I mean the. BAF could be Steve Rogers in the iron man armor
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 03, 2021 1:53 am

Jax wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 12:46 am
So no HasLab Foom?
At least not this year
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Mon May 03, 2021 5:54 am

Trunks3540 wrote:I just had a thought... what if it's a Blackbird? Like... the X Jet Blackbird? How big you think that would have to be and how much would it cost out to? Or maybe a mini Blackbird? Or a Quinjet?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
The legends team has basically shot down the blackbird in the past... as it would really be like 7ft long, and unlike the sail barge, doesnt really have much value as doubling as a playset too.

Most people wouldn't have room for it, and ultimately its just a vehicle to display figures sitting

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Mon May 03, 2021 5:55 am

Jojo_W. wrote:
Hagop wrote:
I mean the. BAF could be Steve Rogers in the iron man armor
Thats a seperate deluxe figure coming

Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 03, 2021 6:36 am

e-rock wrote:
Trunks3540 wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 6:45 pm
I just had a thought... what if it's a Blackbird? Like... the X Jet Blackbird? How big you think that would have to be and how much would it cost out to? Or maybe a mini Blackbird? Or a Quinjet?

It is confirmed to be FF related. So it aint either of those 100%
Ahh. I didn't realize that. Good to know.

Also it makes sense too that Hasbro would consider it just a giant display for characters to sit. I didn't think about that.

EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 03, 2021 12:32 pm

Trunks3540 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 6:36 am
Also it makes sense too that Hasbro would consider it just a giant display for characters to sit. I didn't think about that.

It made more sense to do that with Jabba's Barge because you can use both the interior and the top deck as a diorama, but with the Blackbird or Quinjet the entire exterior is pretty useless for figure display. Tons of required display space for not that much display potential.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 03, 2021 12:54 pm

There was an old Toy Biz Blackbird for the cartoon figures that actually opened up. It wasn't to scale by any means. But it separated into 3 parts. And each part had different features. Like the back had pop up rocket launchers, and the middle opened up to be a computer command center type dealio. They all fit 1 figure each. Maybe they could do something similar. I don't mean copy that. But maybe they could make the roof come off, or at least open up and have a bunch of chairs and computers and things. And little pegs in the floor to be able to stand figures up at some of the computer screens. Kinda like what they did with most of the versions of the Millennium Falcon for the 3 3/4 figures. That could make it a playset. I would consider buying it if it were done like that. Yea most people would display it without the roof, but that would make it worth while. Just have it displayed on like a picnic or dinner table opened up and have the Xmen all doing different computer things and such.

EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 03, 2021 1:01 pm

Trunks3540 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 12:54 pm
There was an old Toy Biz Blackbird for the cartoon figures that actually opened up. It wasn't to scale by any means. But it separated into 3 parts. And each part had different features. Like the back had pop up rocket launchers, and the middle opened up to be a computer command center type dealio. They all fit 1 figure each. Maybe they could do something similar.

Being able to open it up to display the interior would be a minimum requirement; they couldn't do it at all without that. They did that by making the sides come off of Jabba's Barge, but as noted the Marvel ships would still only have half of the display potential that the Barge had.

If they did any diorama-based item I expect they'd do one that had more display potential than the Blackbird or Quinjet have. Perhaps the X-Mansion, Danger Room, Doom's castle, or something else that could have multiple levels, and ideally something where the exterior could also be used.
Samael13
is way smarter than you

Mon May 03, 2021 2:31 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 7:42 pm
I didn't notice anyone suggesting it would be Watcher instead of Galactus, just that if they wanted to do a bigger Watcher then bundling him with Galactus would be a way to do it.
It was easy to miss, but it was actually the post that more or less started the entire "The Watcher would be a great/terrible choice for HasLab" discussion. There was a brief mention of including Uatu as a pack-in, but then the conversation shifted to "what if the project *was* the Watcher" pretty quickly:
PG-Superfan wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:43 am
With this campaign likely running alongside What If...?'s marketing push and MCU WI's wave and multipacks, I wonder if the Haslab project itself will be The Watcher instead of Galactus for now.

The Watcher helps keep the price down (Galactus would likely be more than the Sentinel) and the stretch goals could easily be famous What If...? characters.

Vampire Lord Wolverine, Hero Doctor Doom, Jane Foster Thor, Fantastic 5 Spider-man (with stickers for Reed, Johnny, and Sue).
Which led to several other people, if not suggesting it *would* be, at least indicating some modicum of support for the idea that it would be cool if it was:
MLNUT wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:16 pm
Watcher is sorely needed in ML. C'mon Hasbro!
Enforcer wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:45 pm
Watcher is one on the few Selects left standing in my collection. Would love to see that remedied.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Mon May 03, 2021 4:25 pm

Trunks3540 wrote:There was an old Toy Biz Blackbird for the cartoon figures that actually opened up. It wasn't to scale by any means. But it separated into 3 parts. And each part had different features. Like the back had pop up rocket launchers, and the middle opened up to be a computer command center type dealio. They all fit 1 figure each. Maybe they could do something similar. I don't mean copy that. But maybe they could make the roof come off, or at least open up and have a bunch of chairs and computers and things. And little pegs in the floor to be able to stand figures up at some of the computer screens. Kinda like what they did with most of the versions of the Millennium Falcon for the 3 3/4 figures. That could make it a playset. I would consider buying it if it were done like that. Yea most people would display it without the roof, but that would make it worth while. Just have it displayed on like a picnic or dinner table opened up and have the Xmen all doing different computer things and such.

That would still be incredibly expensive and boring to most collectors for display purposes. Some photographers would use it, but most people arnt going to display their xmen sitting in chairs or pointing at computer screens.

The reason some of that worked well in the 90s is the jet was loaded with action features. Something most adult collectors don't care for.

Im sure if made theyd put lights in it too.. but still it wouldn't be a big seller over all, but for a cheap far out of scale one? Sure why not

fac
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon May 03, 2021 5:24 pm

There was some good discussion of general HasLab options in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=96&t=93530&hilit=haslab including the pros and cons of a Quinjet or Blackbird.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”