HasLab Galactus Discussion

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
DennyCrane
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: HasLab FF Galactus (?) Discussion

Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:16 pm

I see there's still some doubt about Galactus and that he's not confirmed, though likely. When I read about people wanting the Med F4 set to go with their Haslab Galactus I was confused. Anyone know IF it happens, WHEN we should expect? Although seeing the ridiculous size of the sentinel box not sure I could do it. Damn thing rivals snake mountain.

Also they can hope for it all they want but nothing is going to outsell stuff offered during a worldwide pandemic with a literal captive audience. Especially when that thing is an army builder or part of the hottest new Disney show on the planet. Not gonna happen.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:15 pm

CONFIRMED! WE ARE GETTING GALACTUS!!

Sad news; it will be a huge, black cotton ball to make him movie accurate.
100ptsofarticulation
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:43 pm

I'm on the fence. really the only thing that would persuade me to go ahead with this is if the tiers end up being the heralds.

So they better reveal a herald early in the time limit.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:05 pm

100ptsofarticulation wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:43 pm
I'm on the fence. really the only thing that would persuade me to go ahead with this is if the tiers end up being the heralds.

So they better reveal a herald early in the time limit.
I'd imagine it would start with 1 Herald, and one we don't currently have so it would be an actual incentive. Gabriel the Air Walker would make me swoon.
Guardianmonkey
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:27 pm

There's next-to-no way that I won't be backing a Galactus project. He'd have to look completely bizarre or be green to keep me away ...

As for add-ons, I would most love a Punisher robot:

Or a scaled-version of Taa II:

Or a sculpted Galactus Engine:

Or even just a hollow version of his helmet:

Maybe a re-release of the Terrax BAF with a floating rock stand. But another Silver Surfer, unless he was possibly chromed, would be pointless for me. Frankie Raye Nova seems a pretty easy inclusion -- the only new sculpting needed would be for her head!
joedick
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:36 pm

If they do put classic heralds in there, hopefully it's just on an exclusive retro card or something, then given a wide release. I think they did that with the recent Star Wars HasLab.
100ptsofarticulation
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:35 pm

If we get an empty helmet I'm stopping in Pawtucket and pooping on someone's desk.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:07 pm

joedick wrote:If they do put classic heralds in there, hopefully it's just on an exclusive retro card or something, then given a wide release. I think they did that with the recent Star Wars HasLab.
I think firelord and Nova should be left out, they'd sell fine retail. Everyone else that hasn't been made, should be a tier. I dont think they have nearly as good of a chance at retail. And that includes air walker.

But surfer and terrax rereleases, Nova and firelord, all would do well retail

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Jead
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:27 pm

An Air-Walker and all the weird heralds alone would get me to snag a Galactus. I already have a Surfer so I don't need another.
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:40 pm

Yeah, it’s a tough decision on what could be added in with Galactus. Surfer and Terrax have already been released, folks might be pissed if Firelord and Frankie were exclusive to the Haslab project, but then you need to figure out what would actually be popular enough to include with him to entice more buys. I love classic Lee and Kirby and I’d take a Punisher if they made him, but he’s certainly not the deciding factor on a $300 giant figure.

And this guy better trigger every Lee/Kirby/Byrne loving molecule of my body to get me to drop that kind of money on him. I already have zero clue where something that size would fit in my space. I don’t want to put him on the floor, but he’s too big to go on top of my shelves. The old MU one fits perfectly in that space.
100ptsofarticulation
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:43 pm

Putting surfer in as a tier is/would be dumb imo unless they do something crazy with em like vac metal.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:49 pm

Boy Wonder wrote:Yeah, it’s a tough decision on what could be added in with Galactus. Surfer and Terrax have already been released, folks might be pissed if Firelord and Frankie were exclusive to the Haslab project, but then you need to figure out what would actually be popular enough to include with him to entice more buys. I love classic Lee and Kirby and I’d take a Punisher if they made him, but he’s certainly not the deciding factor on a $300 giant figure.

And this guy better trigger every Lee/Kirby/Byrne loving molecule of my body to get me to drop that kind of money on him. I already have zero clue where something that size would fit in my space. I don’t want to put him on the floor, but he’s too big to go on top of my shelves. The old MU one fits perfectly in that space.
Its all true. But I also figure... if people want galactus... theyre going to get the haslab. Would any of the heralds really convince anyone to buy him?

Maybe if ALL the heralds were included?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:54 pm

It should only be new heralds; they can rerelease both Silver Surfer and Terrax as a Fan Channels close to when Galactus actually ships.

Surfer was hard to find as is, and needs wide availability (I was lucky to get one, but would definitely get at least two more). Terrax I bought loose a few years between his original release and now; I get that he’s expensive now, so sure, help people out.

But I doubt the rest of the heralds get the nod for retail anytime soon. And even if they were to get it, they’re either taking up space in a FF wave or a cosmic wave. Both of these corners of the MU are already woefully underrepresented, so I vote drop them all here.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:56 pm

I think Silver Surfer, Nova, Firelord, and Terrax could all do well as singles or in BAF waves. I also think they could come with this Galactus. The versions with Galactus could be variants. Paint deco. Facial expressions. Then release them at retail down the road (at year or two after Galactus' arrival) with the different deco/faces.
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:40 pm

But then that would run the risk of being “the inferior” versions. Refreshes with a new head would likely include both heads and have some kind of paint improvements over the originals. And there would be a bit of saltiness if Hasbro released what’s essentially a reward figure to the mass public.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”