HasLab Galactus Discussion

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: HasLab FF Galactus (?) Discussion

Mon May 10, 2021 12:19 am

Also, Galactus needs gripping hands:

sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 10, 2021 2:08 pm

I've always hated the idea of Galactus running or grappling or doing any sort of physical-type fighting moves. It just seems so beneath him. With the exception of swatting something away like a bug.

Back in the original Secret Wars, when Galactus just levitates Ultron up to his level, sucks his power out and drops his inert body with moving at all, that's the Galactus I like.
Samael13
is way smarter than you

Mon May 10, 2021 2:35 pm

PG-Superfan wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 4:31 am
I had a weird thought:

Is there even any point in giving Galactus leg articulation beyond maybe boot cuts? This could influence the cost of the figure.

Age of X Marvel Girl has useless thigh articulation but she reuses a mold that can use it.

If Galactus is truly made as a bespoke piece and isn't reusing Sentinel parts, why give him thigh joints he can't use when that just adds to the budget?

Is that too close to making a statue?

Give me thigh rotation and boot cuts maybe but why design hip and knee joints that can't and shouldn't be used?
At the prices we're talking for these, I expect them to figure out a solution to allow at least a bit more range of movement, not eliminate the POA. One obvious solution (to me) would be to make the skirt multiple independent layers instead of one solid piece. If it was broken into four parts (front, back, one piece each on the hips) it would restrict movement a lot less, I'd think. There are import figures that have skirts that they've figured out how to work around to allow for some articulation (soft goods/articulated skirts/interchangeable pieces to swap between static and action poses). I think there are definitely better solutions than "get rid of that joint."
Jax wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 5:12 pm
I’m just thinking out loud here but, wouldn’t it look awkward collection wise with a big ass Sentinel/Galactus, but, out of scale Foom, and Giant Man? Atlas? Anyone?
Foom is really the only one that would bother me, and I don't have him, anyway. Giant Man/Atlas scale up and down, and I'm 100% okay with them being smaller than Galactus and the sentinels. For Galactus, the bigger her appears, the better, since he doesn't have one static size. Honestly, if/when he gets made, I'll probably display him with 1/18 figures in his own space to further emphasize just how big he is.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 10, 2021 2:43 pm

sepster wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 2:08 pm
I've always hated the idea of Galactus running or grappling or doing any sort of physical-type fighting moves. It just seems so beneath him. With the exception of swatting something away like a bug.

Back in the original Secret Wars, when Galactus just levitates Ultron up to his level, sucks his power out and drops his inert body with moving at all, that's the Galactus I like.

That's him versus mortals. What does he do against the other cosmic heavyweights? I imagine it would be some sort of power-based light-show, but that's even harder for Hasbro to do than to give him leg articulation.
TheeCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 11, 2021 2:45 am

cmoney wrote:Also, Galactus needs gripping hands:

Trigger fingers or I’m not buying.
Capman
Amalgam version of "Bat America"

Tue May 11, 2021 7:20 am

What about wall-crawling hands?
Basil Elks
Remembers, things, best, forgotten,
Location: the Firm's morgue {which, oddly enough, is in British Columbia}

Tue May 11, 2021 9:10 am

Ooh, if it actually IS Galactus, what if he comes with two Punisher robots? Or his cat {no, seriously, there's actually a character called Galactus's Cat.}
FlexionDynamo
Runs Around in Tights

Tue May 11, 2021 9:10 pm

Fin Fang Foom! A massive Foom would be amazing!
Capman
Amalgam version of "Bat America"

Tue May 11, 2021 9:51 pm

I cannot believe I’m thinking about this, but I’m considering selling my BAF Foom. I know this thread is just speculation, and the next HasLab project is 99% going to be Galactus, but Foom is going to look so small when we get the Sentinels later this year and this Galactus, and Foom is the right character to bat third in the HasLab Marvel lineup (or fourth after a classic Giant Man).
Scotch n Ciggs
CROM!

Wed May 12, 2021 12:02 am

Capman wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 9:51 pm
I cannot believe I’m thinking about this, but I’m considering selling my BAF Foom. I know this thread is just speculation, and the next HasLab project is 99% going to be Galactus, but Foom is going to look so small when we get the Sentinels later this year and this Galactus, and Foom is the right character to bat third in the HasLab Marvel lineup (or fourth after a classic Giant Man). Image
Yeah I'm pretty sure they're coming out with a massive upgrade here in the next year or three. Probably with battle damaged iron Man and Mandarin figures.
Rob W
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 12, 2021 1:39 am

Oh god. There’s no way I’d be able to resist a massive Foom. All the years wishlisting for the first BAF, the long-ass process of tracking down all the parts. Hell, I’m still rocking a Foom avatar.

So yeah, Hasbro gets my money that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DutyBeforeAll
Runs Around in Tights

Wed May 12, 2021 3:07 am

Samael13 wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 2:35 pm
PG-Superfan wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 4:31 am
I had a weird thought:

Is there even any point in giving Galactus leg articulation beyond maybe boot cuts? This could influence the cost of the figure.

Age of X Marvel Girl has useless thigh articulation but she reuses a mold that can use it.

If Galactus is truly made as a bespoke piece and isn't reusing Sentinel parts, why give him thigh joints he can't use when that just adds to the budget?

Is that too close to making a statue?

Give me thigh rotation and boot cuts maybe but why design hip and knee joints that can't and shouldn't be used?
At the prices we're talking for these, I expect them to figure out a solution to allow at least a bit more range of movement, not eliminate the POA. One obvious solution (to me) would be to make the skirt multiple independent layers instead of one solid piece. If it was broken into four parts (front, back, one piece each on the hips) it would restrict movement a lot less, I'd think. There are import figures that have skirts that they've figured out how to work around to allow for some articulation (soft goods/articulated skirts/interchangeable pieces to swap between static and action poses). I think there are definitely better solutions than "get rid of that joint."
Jax wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 5:12 pm
I’m just thinking out loud here but, wouldn’t it look awkward collection wise with a big ass Sentinel/Galactus, but, out of scale Foom, and Giant Man? Atlas? Anyone?
Foom is really the only one that would bother me, and I don't have him, anyway. Giant Man/Atlas scale up and down, and I'm 100% okay with them being smaller than Galactus and the sentinels. For Galactus, the bigger her appears, the better, since he doesn't have one static size. Honestly, if/when he gets made, I'll probably display him with 1/18 figures in his own space to further emphasize just how big he is.
At the size and price of the Sentinel, a galactus could have soft goods that actually look and feel good.
Also allows full articulation
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Thu May 13, 2021 2:00 am

Basil Elks wrote:
Ooh, if it actually IS Galactus, what if he comes with two Punisher robots? Or his cat {no, seriously, there's actually a character called Galactus's Cat.}

I was severely disappointed to learn that his cat is not actually a cat.

Basil Elks
Remembers, things, best, forgotten,
Location: the Firm's morgue {which, oddly enough, is in British Columbia}

Thu May 13, 2021 2:42 am

TheSameIdiot wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 2:00 am
Basil Elks wrote:

I was severely disappointed to learn that his cat is not actually a cat.

:lol:
Whitlow
Super Poseable

Wed May 19, 2021 2:38 pm

Did anyone notice Dan Yun's Twittter yesterday when he posted "June will be lighter than May ...
A recovery month ...
Until July - which will be very big"
Do you think his choice of the word "big" might imply Galactus?

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”