HasLab Galactus Discussion

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
iskopower
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: HasLab Galactus Discussion

Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:17 am

It's great that Frankie Raye is the 1st unlockable! Always awesome to get new characters.

However, if Hasbro wants to sell more of these, they have to do better than another Silver Surfer that probably a lot of collectors already own.
LivingTribunal
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:21 am

Well this is a nice surprise, I wasn’t expecting a reveal until 12,000 backers or the next Hasbro Pulse livestream. Nova and the buck itself look great. Hopefully we get a thousand more backers this week if we are lucky.

Might as well pray to the One Above All that there is enough time/support to get through the tiers cuz Frankie Raye Nova would be great eye candy for the shelf.
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:19 am

Frankie-Nova looks great! I’m glad they’ve showed us the first tier. I’m excited as all get out for Galactus himself, but I will admit that a $400 premium Galactus product won’t feel complete without a collection of his heralds. Seeing Nova as the first unlock adds a lot of value in my eyes, and makes me excited for the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thwiptster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

HasLab Galactus Discussion

Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:35 pm

TheSameIdiot wrote:Wow. Maybe I'll be able to stop whining about double-jointed elbows in the next 12 months or so. It's past time to discontinue the single elbows entirely.
I thought the same thing when they made the unworthy Thor torso, but Hyperion’s weird chest continues to crop up.
Cloak-n-Dagger
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:41 pm

So they show Nova and backers went up like what, by 50?
Valo487
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:14 pm

To be fair, they already revealed Nova a while ago, this is just a better look. I wouldn’t expect seeing her in color to suddenly send the numbers surging upwards.

I have no doubt Galactus is getting made, and all the tiers as well, but the way they’re going about this has been so lackluster. I think they believe the reveal of the Retro wave is going to send people racing to Pulse, and I don’t think that will carry any weight at all.
Samael13
is way smarter than you

Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:02 pm

I really don't think that's what they're expecting, at all. The slow trickle of information is *normal* for these kinds of projects; they have to space out reveals and information. There's no way to run these campaigns that will make everyone happy. With the Sentinels, they showed everything super fast because the demand seems to have caught them by surprise, but then they rant out of stuff, and they had to deal with the complaints of "Wait, that's it? Nothing new to share? No new goals?" Now they're being a little more conservative about showing things so that they can keep kind of bumping it, and people want everything faster.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:15 pm

Thwiptster wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:35 pm
TheSameIdiot wrote:Wow. Maybe I'll be able to stop whining about double-jointed elbows in the next 12 months or so. It's past time to discontinue the single elbows entirely.
I thought the same thing when they made the unworthy Thor torso, but Hyperion’s weird chest continues to crop up.

That's my fear.

Don't worry, I'll continue to bitch wherever single-jointed elbows show up.
Rish Outfield
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:18 pm

Why is there a limit of five per customer? Is that to create the illusion of scarcity? Are there people (not companies) who would buy more than five? Was there a limit on the Sentinel?
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:34 pm

The Sentinel page on HasbroPulse says it had a limit of 5.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:37 pm

I have no doubt Galactus will meet his funding level. I'm not sure what they can do right now to get more momentum. Would including a figure before the funding level is met boost sales? Would revealing more possible unlock goals? I think we may just be in for a slow burn until people start jumping in during the last 2 days.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:09 pm

Rish Outfield wrote:Why is there a limit of five per customer? Is that to create the illusion of scarcity? Are there people (not companies) who would buy more than five? Was there a limit on the Sentinel?
Sentinel also had 5. It likely has more to do with shipping, you can place multiple orders of 5

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

PG-Superfan
CROM!

Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:16 pm

Cloak-n-Dagger wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:41 pm
So they show Nova and backers went up like what, by 50?
I don't think Instagram is the best place to get backers. When they do a video where they talk about Nova, I'd expect more of a bump.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:58 pm

spideyboy1111 wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:09 pm
Rish Outfield wrote:Why is there a limit of five per customer? Is that to create the illusion of scarcity? Are there people (not companies) who would buy more than five? Was there a limit on the Sentinel?
Sentinel also had 5. It likely has more to do with shipping, you can place multiple orders of 5

You've always been able to do that with Pulse on any item, but I saw someone note in another thread that they tried to order multiples of something with a customer limit and it wouldn't let them do it on subsequent orders. So someone would have to try it to see if that cross-order logic applies to Galactus.
MldMnrdReporter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:28 am

I just did the math regarding how many backers Galactus will need a day to get to it's 14,000 goal. 132 a day. Yeesh. Does that sound doable? It's my first time backing a HasLab project so I don't have much of a baseline.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”