HasLab Galactus Discussion

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: HasLab Galactus Discussion

Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:21 pm

Silver Savage is the correct Surfer variant.
fingfangfoom
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:38 pm

MLNUT wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:21 pm
fingfangfoom wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:34 pm
I was thinking that we might see a “cosmic” Surfer, like some of the old 90s ToyBiz figures - translucent blue plastic with glittery star/galaxy patterns painted on.
He's called the "silver" Surfer", not the "translucent blue plastic with glittery star/galaxy patterns" Surfer.
“OMG it’s full of stars” Surfer, then.
I still have that Pip on display. Definitely needs an update.
DutyBeforeAll
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:56 pm

Enforcer wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:53 pm
I'm hoping, and trying to take the numbers niteowl has given us, that this gets to 16,500 which would include 2 figures. If we make it to Nova - the last few days could get to 18,000 and a third figure.
The more stretch goals that get unlocked the more people will back the project, the more things you get for the same price will seem like a better and better value.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:31 pm

This thing is over 10k already. I think we're good
rodkeith
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:35 pm

Hagop wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:38 pm
I'm predicting this ends at 21,000
I agree. It'll be close to Sentinel numbers, even without the army builder-ness.

Getting it to 5 digits is a good psychological milestone.
Niteowl86
Faster than a speeding bullet

Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:49 am

Razor Crest wasn’t an army builder and it sold more than the Sentinel. (And was subsequently destroyed on the show) :cry:
dchimpy
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:04 am

I'm sure someone thought of this, but if the heralds are part of the stretch goal (which seems likely), the should ship out to us backers/consumers two or three weeks before Galactus in separate packaging. Y'know, cause they're heralds. Preparing us. For the coming of Galactus.
garrettlcustoms
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:10 am

dchimpy wrote:I'm sure someone thought of this, but if the heralds are part of the stretch goal (which seems likely), the should ship out to us backers/consumers two or three weeks before Galactus in separate packaging. Y'know, cause they're heralds. Preparing us. For the coming of Galactus.
I really love this idea. Like so much. Kinda like trailers for a movie you're really hyped for.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Madcap1
Customized

Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:27 am

Someone mentioned this earlier but a reveal of the FF retro figures could supercharge the campaign
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:52 am

DutyBeforeAll wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:56 pm
Enforcer wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:53 pm
I'm hoping, and trying to take the numbers niteowl has given us, that this gets to 16,500 which would include 2 figures. If we make it to Nova - the last few days could get to 18,000 and a third figure.
The more stretch goals that get unlocked the more people will back the project, the more things you get for the same price will seem like a better and better value.
Well I... can't argue with that. You can't have one without the other though.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:53 am

Madcap1 wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:27 am
Someone mentioned this earlier but a reveal of the FF retro figures could supercharge the campaign
It will get another thousand backers I bet. Have to use the motivation strategically.
Raybot
Swears it's 6 inches

Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:13 am

A vac metal Silver Surfer is the only one I’d want this to come with. Nothing else really screams premium add-on since I’m pretty happy with the first Walgreens one.

I dunno if we can expect much more in the way of heralds or stretch goals though. The Sentinel stretch goals got progressively less impressive.
Maximoff
no more subnics

Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:34 pm

dchimpy wrote:I'm sure someone thought of this, but if the heralds are part of the stretch goal (which seems likely), the should ship out to us backers/consumers two or three weeks before Galactus in separate packaging. Y'know, cause they're heralds. Preparing us. For the coming of Galactus.
This would be amazing but in a world of increasing shipping prices it will never happen. Hell an amazing idea would be just send out silver surfer to everyone with a note that says “He’s Coming.” This should be their emergency plan if there are any delays in production for Galactus.
Maximoff
no more subnics

Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:40 pm

Raybot wrote:A vac metal Silver Surfer is the only one I’d want this to come with. Nothing else really screams premium add-on since I’m pretty happy with the first Walgreens one.

I dunno if we can expect much more in the way of heralds or stretch goals though. The Sentinel stretch goals got progressively less impressive.
Yeah but a big part of that is they didn’t plan enough tiers for demand so they scrambled. Not sure how they scrambled to a new head but the extra tentacle was certainly uninspired even if useful. It is funny to think they were sitting over there thinking “10,000 is probably a reasonable number to expect out of this” and then it more than doubling.
DutyBeforeAll
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:15 pm

Maximoff wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:40 pm
Raybot wrote:A vac metal Silver Surfer is the only one I’d want this to come with. Nothing else really screams premium add-on since I’m pretty happy with the first Walgreens one.

Yeah but a big part of that is they didn’t plan enough tiers for demand so they scrambled. Not sure how they scrambled to a new head but the extra tentacle was certainly uninspired even if useful. It is funny to think they were sitting over there thinking “10,000 is probably a reasonable number to expect out of this” and then it more than doubling.
Probably why the initial limit was so high, it gives them enough of a pad at the start to have better stretch goals.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”