HasLab Galactus Discussion

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: HasLab Galactus Discussion

Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:04 am

Yeah this will absolutely break 10,000 by Friday. I wouldnt be shocked with it being a pay day if it actually hits close to 11,000

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

garrettlcustoms
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:38 am

LivingTribunal wrote:
Enforcer wrote:Holy - Galactus got a surge today. I think 500+ backers.
Yeah, and that was with the Hasbro team just reiterating information that most of us already knew. Imagine how many might’ve backed it if they revealed the Fantastic Four wave today.

I know they are saving that wave for August during the last legs of the campaign, but still.

Also maybe I’m just looking too far into things, but for the stretch goals Dan said that the first one would be revealed “at a certain number” rather than “when the backer goal is met” or “at 14,000” or whatever else relating to the first funding goal.

So maybe they are contemplating revealing the first one earlier than originally intended ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
stunnajun wrote: My useless 2 cents, i feel like I’m the only one that hates the Surfer headsculpt. Looks very generic to me, doesn’t really read as the surfer. Hoping they will change that in the least. More surfers please! Just new head sculpt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here, that head sculpt for some reason does not evoke the silver surfer for me.
Uhh... maybe I'm a stupid but did they show Surfer? Can't find it anywhere. Or are we talking the WG head?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

LivingTribunal
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:50 am

garrettlcustoms wrote:
LivingTribunal wrote:
Enforcer wrote:Holy - Galactus got a surge today. I think 500+ backers.
Yeah, and that was with the Hasbro team just reiterating information that most of us already knew. Imagine how many might’ve backed it if they revealed the Fantastic Four wave today.

I know they are saving that wave for August during the last legs of the campaign, but still.

Also maybe I’m just looking too far into things, but for the stretch goals Dan said that the first one would be revealed “at a certain number” rather than “when the backer goal is met” or “at 14,000” or whatever else relating to the first funding goal.

So maybe they are contemplating revealing the first one earlier than originally intended ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
stunnajun wrote: My useless 2 cents, i feel like I’m the only one that hates the Surfer headsculpt. Looks very generic to me, doesn’t really read as the surfer. Hoping they will change that in the least. More surfers please! Just new head sculpt.

Same here, that head sculpt for some reason does not evoke the silver surfer for me.
Uhh... maybe I'm a stupid but did they show Surfer? Can't find it anywhere. Or are we talking the WG head?

Yeah we’re talking the WG head
fac
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:40 pm

As not all collectors engage in message boards or online communities, even as lurkers, I am sure the hints about Surfer, Nova, and two more possible heralds was new news to many on the livestream. So good to see a bump from that in terms of backers. I can see from Hasbro's perspective not wanting to commit to when tiers will be revealed, as I suspect they are being more strategic this time and can be flexible about tiers and levels based on the campaign progress.

Both Hasbro and Mattel in their investor calls the last week talked about all the supply chain cost increases, from materials to shipping, and how that would impact prices to be higher this fall. I'm not sure it fully explains the 14,000 backers as I think that is partly related to wanting the stretch goals to stretch this time, but maybe they are being very conservative in projecting costs as well so this was the only way to keep it under $400. Who knows, maybe some of the supply chain costs hit them a bit on the Sentinel production (probably not materials, but maybe shipping).
garrettlcustoms
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:15 pm

LivingTribunal wrote:
garrettlcustoms wrote:
LivingTribunal wrote: Yeah, and that was with the Hasbro team just reiterating information that most of us already knew. Imagine how many might’ve backed it if they revealed the Fantastic Four wave today.

Yeah we’re talking the WG head
Gotcha. Thanks!

DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:47 pm

LivingTribunal wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:35 am

That was pretty much my take away from that comment as well. Seemed too intentional of a wording.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:11 pm

100%. We won't have to wait until 14k for the first tier to be revealed. They will reveal it during the next real lag in backers. I'm very curious what number or date they have in mind to hit the panic button again. Would love to be a fly on the way for a lot of their conversations about this campaign.
Niteowl86
Faster than a speeding bullet

Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:02 pm

spideyboy1111 wrote:
Yeah this will absolutely break 10,000 by Friday. I wouldnt be shocked with it being a pay day if it actually hits close to 11,000

So, I tracked the previous Haslab projects (Sentinel & Razor Crest).

Sentinel hit 14,000 on day 25
Razor Crest hit 14,000 on day 27

There's always a big push at the end when everyone starts the 'Fear of Loss' and all of the tiers are visible. This one will make it, no problem.

We should hit that 10k mark, like you said by tomorrow (Friday, day 15), Sentinel hit 10k on day 7, Razor hit 10k on day 19. I wouldn't be surprised if they did a Tier reveal at 10k, just to keep the morale up.

Remember: THERE ARE 45 DAYS (so put your order in now and decide in 31days). Fluffing the numbers HELPS the cause and makes your decision to invest easier at the end. You only have to decide to keep it or let it go.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:47 pm

Niteowl86 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:02 pm
spideyboy1111 wrote:

There's always a big push at the end when everyone starts the 'Fear of Loss' and all of the tiers are visible. This one will make it, no problem.

We should hit that 10k mark, like you said by tomorrow (Friday, day 15), Sentinel hit 10k on day 7, Razor hit 10k on day 19. I wouldn't be surprised if they did a Tier reveal at 10k, just to keep the morale up.

Remember: THERE ARE 45 DAYS (so put your order in now and decide in 31days). Fluffing the numbers HELPS the cause and makes your decision to invest easier at the end. You only have to decide to keep it or let it go.
You have become my favorite newbie.
iskopower
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:40 pm

To those who ordered, were your cards immediately charged?
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:57 pm

iskopower wrote:
You aren't charged until after the campaign ends.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:05 pm

Enforcer wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:57 pm
iskopower wrote:
You aren't charged until after the campaign ends.
Yep. No charge until the end. So there's no real reason not to get in a pledge now. You can always cancel it at any time before it ends.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:23 am

I’m not pledging until program reaches 13999…

Thwipp!

spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:05 am

Niteowl86 wrote:
spideyboy1111 wrote:

Very well said

greensborohill
Avengers Assemble

Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:15 pm

We are over 10,000!

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”