HasLab Galactus Discussion

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: HasLab Galactus Discussion

Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:05 pm

Magnuz wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:17 pm
Frankie may have some kind of fiery display base it looks like something spreading from her hands to below her feet, so maybe something that makes a big flying display piece. Surfer just looks like standard surfer with board, and one of the usual floaty ball power effects. Maybe he'll get some kind of flight stand too, something to mount to the board and hold him up.

Yea you're right, there's room for a stand under Nova. There's also room for a twisty-swirly stand under Surfer, kind of like the one that came with the Select Surfer pictured below but taller and with more twists. I bet it's two stands.

Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:09 pm

Galactus got a nice boost after the presentation of a few hundred. We may see those increase in frequency (not a ton of actual new content) if the backer count lags significantly. Or at least will inform the kind of content Dwight posts on Instagram.
thekunk2075
CROM!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:18 pm

there's a remarkable amount of people I have seen say they are waiting until they have money so I don't think they understand how this works
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:21 pm

I think it's more a case of making sure they will have the money BY that date. For a lot of people $400 is a lot of money and if something unforeseen comes up between now and the end of August they could find themselves screwed.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:29 pm

thekunk2075 wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:18 pm
there's a remarkable amount of people I have seen say they are waiting until they have money so I don't think they understand how this works
Well, some of those also mentioned they need to sell some stuff first, so they are likely waiting to be sure their stuffs sells and they actually get paid. Still, they could back and cancel at the end if they don't make their sales.
Hagop
Pietro's Running Mate

Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:34 pm

I sold my old ToyBiz Sentinels for $300 last year. Do you think I can get $400 for my MU Galactus?
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:41 pm

Hagop wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:34 pm
I sold my old ToyBiz Sentinels for $300 last year. Do you think I can get $400 for my MU Galactus?
current average selling price of baf sentinels are $200-$250 range according to average sold listings on ebay

average sold listings on MU Galactus is $150-$250
loki2371
I wish I had super powers

Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:44 pm

Hasbro made some odd choices with Galactus. I agree in that I feel the initial 14K backers needed for this is very high compared to the previous offerings. And with a number that high, how are stretch goals expected to be achieved? And at $400 it is no small chunk of change for a plastic action figure. I, for one, will wait to see what else is offered to see if I feel it is worth it.

They should've have been upfront and forthwith explaining this is a huge undertaking and far exceeds the cost of the previous projects. Stretch goals may not even be possible unless a large amount of fans back it. Then, they also should have committed to guaranteeing a future wave of Galactus' heralds to go along with the big guy. I'd be happy with spending $400 if knowing Hasbro guaranteed that at some point after this guy was backed, a wave of his Heralds would also be released. Knowing I would be able to add some figures like Firelord, Nova, Airwalker, Morg, Terrax (I don't have the BAF), Tyrrant, Stardust, the Fallen One, a Punisher Robot, and of course another Silver Surfer (something distinct from the previous versions) would've guaranteed my backing this. And with a big smile...

And Silver Surfer and Nova shouldn't be stretch goals. As they would sell on their own. A Norrin Rad in like mid transformation to the Surfer that can be placed in his hand would be a far cooler and better choice. As that's not something that would ever see production on it's own.

I am a huge Silver Surfer & Galactus fan. I have nearly every comic book & graphic novel (up until around 2000), action figure made and multiple statues and busts as well. I do want this, but not sure I need it. I don't want a giant toy Galactus if I can't surround him with his Heralds..
thekunk2075
CROM!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:01 pm

well expecting 6 figs for marginally more than a sentinel is not realistic really
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:02 pm

loki2371 wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:44 pm
Hasbro made some odd choices with Galactus. I agree in that I feel the initial 14K backers needed for this is very high compared to the previous offerings. And with a number that high, how are stretch goals expected to be achieved? And at $400 it is no small chunk of change for a plastic action figure. I, for one, will wait to see what else is offered to see if I feel it is worth it.

They should've have been upfront and forthwith explaining this is a huge undertaking and far exceeds the cost of the previous projects. Stretch goals may not even be possible unless a large amount of fans back it. Then, they also should have committed to guaranteeing a future wave of Galactus' heralds to go along with the big guy. I'd be happy with spending $400 if knowing Hasbro guaranteed that at some point after this guy was backed, a wave of his Heralds would also be released. Knowing I would be able to add some figures like Firelord, Nova, Airwalker, Morg, Terrax (I don't have the BAF), Tyrrant, Stardust, the Fallen One, a Punisher Robot, and of course another Silver Surfer (something distinct from the previous versions) would've guaranteed my backing this. And with a big smile...

And Silver Surfer and Nova shouldn't be stretch goals. As they would sell on their own. A Norrin Rad in like mid transformation to the Surfer that can be placed in his hand would be a far cooler and better choice. As that's not something that would ever see production on it's own.

I am a huge Silver Surfer & Galactus fan. I have nearly every comic book & graphic novel (up until around 2000), action figure made and multiple statues and busts as well. I do want this, but not sure I need it. I don't want a giant toy Galactus if I can't surround him with his Heralds..
Yep, and there are hundreds of people with the same mentality. They want the tiers before they commit. It's a chicken and egg thing really. People who ONLY want to back AFTER they confirm the inclusion of the extra stuff. Makes sense, and I can't argue with it... but it goes counter to the goal. Everyone that wants this needs to back in order to see what will be unlocked and then you will see the onslaught of folks who are waiting for the extra shit. People back whenever they want - but it just means we'll have a shorter window to unlock the tiers.

9,350 people want this thing even if it's just the figure.

Who knows how many will buy it if Silver Surfer is unlocked. And so on.

If I'm Hasbro and this isn't backed in a week or 2 - I'd give the numbers for the unlocks and make them 14,500 and 15,500. Maybe even 14,500 and 15,000. Then 16,000 and 17,000. It will generate more excitement (and a better chance) than if it takes the majority of the campaign to be funded and the additional tiers seem unlikely. As confident as everyone is (who are confident) this will easily meet the backing goal, the hesitation shown by those in your situation is very indicative of just how far beyond the goal of 14,000 we'll get.
Bashbash99
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:04 pm

One of the "influencers" asked them if they planned to do waves in support of Haslab projects. iirc the team only said they'd try and get some "Fantastic" figures to go with Galactus. I think the team asserted that HoX/PoX worked as kind of a tie-in wave to the Sentinel, and the upcoming FF wave as sort of a tie-in to Galactus (they referenced the byrne-era "starving Galactus" as a design influence, especially in terms of size)... even if afaik rumoured wave characters the High Evolutionary and Psycho-Man don't have major ties to Galactus.

I'm sure folks here could come up with some pretty great Sentinel and Galactus themed waves, Even if you put in the constraint that you need some A-listers, both guys have tie-ins to enough characters that it wouldn't be a problem
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:26 pm

Oh yeah, I meant to address that point in the other post. The Fantastic Four wave is the tie in wave to this release. I get that some people would prefer a wave of Heralds, but the FF definitely makes sense. The unlockable figures that don't end up getting made for this campaign will likely end up sprinkled into upcoming waves or made Walgreens exclusives. I don't think they could carry a whole dedicated wave, as Bashx2 said.
Valo487
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:46 pm

I’m going to back this thing no matter what, possibly even get two depending, I think some of my frustration comes from the fact that we know what tiers can be based on the last time, and there have been so few Herds of Galactus made that I got my hopes up thinking we were going to see so many new faces, and that doesn’t seem like it’s going to be the case anymore, that’s part of why the Surfer being included aggravates me so much, there are so many better ways to get him out there, but someone like Air Walker has a much better shot this way than any other, and instead I’m seeing a dude on a surfboard blacked out.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:23 pm

The stand could make Surfer worth it for many of us who already have the Walgreens figure. People buy the Select Surfer on eBay for $40 to $80 mostly just for that cool stand. I've got the Legends figure on that stand since it's so much better than the Select version of the figure.
jamgut
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:35 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:05 pm
Magnuz wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:17 pm
Frankie may have some kind of fiery display base it looks like something spreading from her hands to below her feet, so maybe something that makes a big flying display piece. Surfer just looks like standard surfer with board, and one of the usual floaty ball power effects. Maybe he'll get some kind of flight stand too, something to mount to the board and hold him up.

Yea you're right, there's room for a stand under Nova. There's also room for a twisty-swirly stand under Surfer, kind of like the one that came with the Select Surfer pictured below but taller and with more twists. I bet it's two stands.

Do you think the cosmic trail effect attaches underneath Galactus' wrist and then has a firmer extension that can support the board & Surfer?

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”