HasLab Galactus Discussion

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: HasLab Galactus Discussion

Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:26 pm

blobfrombeyond wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:48 pm
People can also just let things go and not need to “correct” others.
After all, it’s just opinions.
About action figures.
Amen
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:13 pm

Some people go their entire lives without being corrected.

And it shows.
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:14 pm

I also would have preferred the classic early 2000s-era Bastion and Prime Sentinel designs over these decidedly modern versions.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:27 pm

I wonder if they tweaked the designs of those figures purposely to better align aesthetically with the final Sentinel. Likely the same designer.

I do like the simpler designs of the comics - reflective of the artist. I feel like it was usually bachelo or whatever his name was. More cartoony. I'm certain the new designs of the figures will look really great on the shelf with the Sentinel and a destroyed head at their feet.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:35 pm

Enforcer wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:27 pm
I wonder if they tweaked the designs of those figures purposely to better align aesthetically with the final Sentinel. Likely the same designer.

I do like the simpler designs of the comics - reflective of the artist. I feel like it was usually bachelo or whatever his name was. More cartoony. I'm certain the new designs of the figures will look really great on the shelf with the Sentinel and a destroyed head at their feet.
that's my thinking as well.. plus lets face it.. even the figures we get clearly based off of something, are rarely exact. I mean even now this year we're getting very era specific fantastic four members with head sculpts (at least johnny, but lets face it they all will follow suit) that won't be that... legends have always been sort of a hodge podge of comic influences and the sculptors own flare... Tigra too her costume is classic, but her face is pretty modern with those stripes.

the prime sentinels and bastion seem to be doing the same thing. if you want prime sentinels, and want them 90s-ish this is the closest we're ever going to get most likely.. and they're "modern" designs are still pretty close all things considered.

so people just gotta decide if they they want the representation or need something so oddly specific for minor characters that they don't want it at all (yet clearly accept it with other things)

too each their own ultimately i guess though
Niteowl86
Faster than a speeding bullet

Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:43 pm

Captain Batman wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:30 pm
Yea it definitely has been stuck in the 8,800 range most of the weekend. Thought it would of crossed 9,000 range.
I tracked previous Haslab projects - Sentinel and the Razor Crest. This is where we were at on day 11 of those projects:

Sentinel - 11,260 backers (we had unlocked three tiers and day 11 is when they threw in the 2nd tentacle)
Razor Crest - 9,223 backers (Tier 3 was unlocked on day 11)
Galactus - Currently 8,947 backers (No tiers hit)

On Day 11, the Razor Crest started at 8,780 backers and ended at 9,223. Galactus is actually ahead of those numbers.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:52 pm

Niteowl86 wrote:
Captain Batman wrote:
Yea it definitely has been stuck in the 8,800 range most of the weekend. Thought it would of crossed 9,000 range.
I tracked previous Haslab projects - Sentinel and the Razor Crest. This is where we were at on day 11 of those projects:

Sentinel - 11,260 backers (we had unlocked three tiers and day 11 is when they threw in the 2nd tentacle)

On Day 11, the Razor Crest started at 8,780 backers and ended at 9,223. Galactus is actually ahead of those numbers.
Now this is how you make an entrance! Welcome to the Fwoosh mate. Thanks for all of these numbers. It's actually quite relieving to see what the Sentinel was at relative to Galactus at this point. So in the last 35 days the Sentinel saw another 10k backers - which is great. It means there are probably a ton of people on the fence (more than I would have thought). Only 5K of them need to back compared to the 10K the Sentinel got, and Galactus is only 2k and a bit behind at this point. Very positive. Thanks again for this - really really insightful.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:57 pm

Enforcer wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:52 pm
Niteowl86 wrote:
Captain Batman wrote:

Now this is how you make an entrance! Welcome to the Fwoosh mate. Thanks for all of these numbers. It's actually quite relieving to see what the Sentinel was at relative to Galactus at this point. So in the last 35 days the Sentinel saw another 10k backers - which is great. It means there are probably a ton of people on the fence (more than I would have thought). Only 5K of them need to back compared to the 10K the Sentinel got, and Galactus is only 2k and a bit behind at this point. Very positive. Thanks again for this - really really insightful.

I told you people track this stuff :wink:
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:08 pm

We were all just waiting on the debut of the Niteowl
mister garbage
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:13 pm

Enforcer wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:13 pm
Some people go their entire lives without being corrected.

And it shows.
As a college instructor, I can verify this at the collegiate level.
This comment made me giggle a little too hard. Thank you for that.

Aaaaand back to grading.
Samael13
is way smarter than you

Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:21 pm

spideyboy1111 wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:04 am
Maximoff wrote:
WayCoolPeople wrote:

IIRC, the female Haslab prime sentinel is based on a 2018 design from X-Men: Blue, and Bastion's head is from the same era.
Either way more modern than my collection
Interesting, considering the sentinels themselves are HoX/PoX designed... so it only matters with certain characters to you i guess?

Bastion was created in 1996

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
This seems needlessly pedantic, to me. The Prime Sentinels designs we're getting definitely skew modern (ignoring even that the "modern era" covers basically everything from 1986 to now), and Bastion of 1996 looks nothing like the Bastion we're getting with the Sentinel. I'm kind of with Maximoff on this one; I couldn't care less about the Prime Sentinels really; X-Men from 1995 to 2001 don't exist for me, and only select stories exist after that. Operation: Zero Tolerance, the first story that really highlighted the Prime Sentinels (I think?), was from 2006 -edit- 1997 (thanks for the correction, JPC!). That's a modern era story, 100%. And the specific look we're getting is definitely more modern than that, even.

I don't think it's poor word choice to say that the Prime Sentinels we're getting are more modern than fits on someone's shelf; if your X-Men interests stop with the end of Claremont's run, they're probably too modern for you. Given that giant robot sentinels have existed since 1965, I don't think they're "too modern" even if the specific details on the one we're getting skew to the modern look. Not a lot of options for in-scale Sentinels, and zero options for in-scale Sentinels in the classic mold.

I'm also definitely of the opinion that you can have different opinions about different figures. So, yeah, " it only matters with certain characters..." I *like* the very robot-looking sentinel. I am *not* interested in modern-looking Colossus. I think you can find some characters too modern looking while you like the more modern looking interpretations of other characters.
Jax
Avengers Assemble

Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:37 pm

Man, I’m not even asking for much. I just want a big ass Galactus plus some cool classic 616 (never done before in Legends form) )Heralds in my room. Preferably in a nice display case. Maybe that is a bit much? Oh snap, now I’m confused!?!
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:44 pm

Jax wrote:
Man, I’m not even asking for much. I just want a big ass Galactus plus some cool classic 616 (never done before in Legends form) )Heralds in my room. Preferably in a nice display case. Maybe that is a bit much? Oh snap, now I’m confused!?!
Ask for it, sure. Expecting it and being disappointed when the numbers aren't there to facilitate? I wouldn't.
Maximoff
no more subnics

Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:55 pm

Samael13 wrote:
spideyboy1111 wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:04 am
Maximoff wrote: Either way more modern than my collection
Interesting, considering the sentinels themselves are HoX/PoX designed... so it only matters with certain characters to you i guess?

Bastion was created in 1996

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
This seems needlessly pedantic, to me. The Prime Sentinels designs we're getting definitely skew modern (ignoring even that the "modern era" covers basically everything from 1986 to now), and Bastion of 1996 looks nothing like the Bastion we're getting with the Sentinel. I'm kind of with Maximoff on this one; I couldn't care less about the Prime Sentinels really; X-Men from 1995 to 2001 don't exist for me, and only select stories exist after that. Operation: Zero Tolerance, the first story that really highlighted the Prime Sentinels (I think?), was from 2006. That's a modern era story, 100%. And the specific look we're getting is definitely more modern than that, even.

I don't think it's poor word choice to say that the Prime Sentinels we're getting are more modern than fits on someone's shelf; if your X-Men interests stop with the end of Claremont's run, they're probably too modern for you. Given that giant robot sentinels have existed since 1965, I don't think they're "too modern" even if the specific details on the one we're getting skew to the modern look. Not a lot of options for in-scale Sentinels, and zero options for in-scale Sentinels in the classic mold.

I'm also definitely of the opinion that you can have different opinions about different figures. So, yeah, " it only matters with certain characters..." I *like* the very robot-looking sentinel. I am *not* interested in modern-looking Colossus. I think you can find some characters too modern looking while you like the more modern looking interpretations of other characters.
A man of common sense and bringing the facts.

See how stupid conversation gets when you start splitting hairs over word use.
Jax
Avengers Assemble

Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:06 pm

Enforcer wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:44 pm
Jax wrote:
Ask for it, sure. Expecting it and being disappointed when the numbers aren't there to facilitate? I wouldn't.
I know homie, I set the expectation bar to a bare minimum as far back as the toybiz days ( looking at you rabbit ryder Ultron) . At least they threw in a free comic book to ease the pain a lil’.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”