HasLab Galactus Discussion

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: HasLab Galactus Discussion

Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:24 am

20 years in we still don’t have a Crystal or Lockjaw. Not holding my breath for an Air Walker unless as some weird addendum to a Haslab or boxset.
fac
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:48 am

PG-Superfan wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:38 am
The ideal course is to fund 25-50% in the first 48 hours, slowly creep towards a goal you take 25 odd days to hit, get a rush after getting funded, and then another 25-50% of the original goal in the final 48 hours. That will get you to around 150% of your goal.

What's an abomination to the whole model is stuff that gets funded on the first day. It's a glorified preorder system them.
Why is it ideal to slowly creep towards a goal? A glorified pre-order system makes sense to me if people are so enthused that a campaign hits the desired levels in a few days. Then you have a ton of time for additional potential backers to know for sure that what they are backing is a reality and what value they are getting for backing.
Dormammu
Mumu of Evil

Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:20 am

PG-Superfan wrote:
Kockstarter campaigns are setting their goals too low if they don't slowly creep around the middle.
I absolutely agree. You don't want to set your Kockstarter too low and have it creep around the middle.

Let's get this Galactus Kockstarter going up, up, up, baby!

Could someone post some cosmic pR0N please? A little Kirby and Buscema to set the initial mood would be nice...
Ninjak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:23 am

mr Articulate wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:07 am
I think Surfer and others heralds are stupid ideas for tier bumps. Those figures people either have, or would be willing to buy as singles. Why not add effect pieces or similar items unique to a 32
tall one of a kind Galactus?

I don't know. I'd really be down for a Firelord and/or Air Walker. If I knew those were one the table, for example, I might be much more inclined to jump on board. Especially if they were exclusive to this Galactus release.
Dormammu
Mumu of Evil

Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:34 am

Airwalker, Nova, Punisher, and Morg would be unlikely candidates for single card releases.

Firelord and Terrax on the other hand....
PG-Superfan
CROM!

Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:54 am

fac wrote:
PG-Superfan wrote:
The ideal course is to fund 25-50% in the first 48 hours, slowly creep towards a goal you take 25 odd days to hit, get a rush after getting funded, and then another 25-50% of the original goal in the final 48 hours. That will get you to around 150% of your goal.

What's an abomination to the whole model is stuff that gets funded on the first day. It's a glorified preorder system them.
Why is it ideal to slowly creep towards a goal? A glorified pre-order system makes sense to me if people are so enthused that a campaign hits the desired levels in a few days. Then you have a ton of time for additional potential backers to know for sure that what they are backing is a reality and what value they are getting for backing.
A preorder system doesn't test the merit of the project. I get a bit religious about this stuff but, for example, the only thing pushing Hasbro to really innovate is that their sales target is almost out of reach.

Easy funding would be a rotocast Galactus for $100. Having a target almost out of reach that strains fan demand also forces Hasbro to consider things like 20 POA hands or packing 4 figures as stretch goals to maximize the dollar totals on this campaign.

It may be a small percent of Hasbro's revenue but these campaigns all generate big headlines.

What's best for the product and the total dollar value of the campaign is generally going to involve the campaign creator struggling and striving to keep interest up.

I want Hasbro to have to work to beat the Sentinel by throwing in 4 figures and behind the scenes videos. The struggle makes it better.

There's a real chance if they set the goal at 8k that they'd sell 8k in 1 day and do another 5k total.

By setting the goal at 14k and their real target at 22k that, promotionally and in terms of product value, they force themselves to do next level promotion and next level value for the money.

This thing succeeds or fails on being next level value.
dchimpy
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:09 am

Pretty sure I might be alone in thinking this, but I wouldn't mind modular/swappable parts to make him a bit more classic looking a stretch goal. But that has more to do with my personal preference for classic costumes.
PG-Superfan
CROM!

Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:15 am

Dormammu wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:20 am
PG-Superfan wrote:
Kockstarter campaigns are setting their goals too low if they don't slowly creep around the middle.
I absolutely agree. You don't want to set your Kockstarter too low and have it creep around the middle.

Let's get this Galactus Kockstarter going up, up, up, baby!

Could someone post some cosmic pR0N please? A little Kirby and Buscema to set the initial mood would be nice...
I saw that typo and left it unedited because I figured someone would have fun with it.
Dormammu
Mumu of Evil

Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:11 am

PG-Superfan wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:15 am
I saw that typo and left it unedited because I figured someone would have fun with it.
In two years time, no one will remember when and exactly where this meme was created on the internut. They'll just know that within the final months of 2021, Kickstarter was slowly but irreversibly nicknamed the Kockstarter. Which is really a more appropriate name, given the teased-out, escalating enthusiasm of fans.

We made it happen, right now, on the evening of July 24th.

We did it on the Fwoosh. Robo, you're welcome to sneak that in at the end of your schticks.
DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:29 am

Shouldn't it be called Kockblocker?
fac
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:02 pm

PG-Superfan wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:54 am
fac wrote:
PG-Superfan wrote:

Why is it ideal to slowly creep towards a goal? A glorified pre-order system makes sense to me....
A preorder system doesn't test the merit of the project. I get a bit religious about this stuff but, for example, the only thing pushing Hasbro to really innovate is that their sales target is almost out of reach.
----
This thing succeeds or fails on being next level value.
Thanks for that insight. I get what you are saying about the innovation and next level value, but I feel the reality is Hasbro has co-opted the Kockstarter model to essentially do pre-orders (with pre-financing and no middle-man) for items that they couldn't sell through their normal retail channels - mainly due to the packaging size and the high price point. For the Sail Barge, there was no way that retail wanted to take up four feet of space in toy aisles for a $500 item and unlikely that online stores would have wanted to deal with it either. And I feel that apart from the board game campaign, the subsequent HasLabs haven't really been innovative per se, just things too big and expensive for retail. The Sentinel is an action figure with alternate heads and hands, and some accessories, which they do all the time - its just really big.

Personally, I'd prefer they just put all the cards on the table going forward (Galactus plus 4 Heralds is the offer) and forget the tiers and say this is what they need in terms of pre-orders to go to production by a certain date.
Jax
Avengers Assemble

Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:10 pm

DerRabbi wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:24 am
20 years in we still don’t have a Crystal or Lockjaw.
That is just sad! :cry:
Personally, I'd prefer they just put all the cards on the table going forward (Galactus plus 4 Heralds is the offer) and forget the tiers and say this is what they need in terms of pre-orders to go to production by a certain date.
. I also, wholeheartedly agree with this.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:13 pm

I think once he is out, Heralds of Galactus will start being more common. Even if they don't offer an Airwalker or Stardust or Morg in the campaign, I am sure that once this succeeds Hasbro will realize their demand has increased
garrettlcustoms
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:15 pm

e-rock wrote:I think once he is out, Heralds of Galactus will start being more common. Even if they don't offer an Airwalker or Stardust or Morg in the campaign, I am sure that once this succeeds Hasbro will realize their demand has increased
I think this is very likely.

People saying that the Heralds have no chance seem to forget we got a Frogman and a Stiltman BAF and in the same wave no less. Heralds will no doubt be coming now that toys are being made for the FF again and after everyone gets their Galactus in hand, they'll want even more companion pieces for him. Maybe in a boxset, maybe a series of Fanchannels, maybe in a future Retro FF wave but there's a VERY good chance that they make it out eventually.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

100ptsofarticulation
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:21 pm

The thing with not getting the rest of the heralds that we don't already have as future tiers is I'm not sure what else haslab could do to make this enticing enough.

Getting the heralds here just made too much sense. The not so known heralds might not do well in a retail setting, and again what else can they do with galactus?

And I know just galactus alone should be enough. But imo it isn't and that's not my fault and I don't feel I have to apologize for that either. We're going on our 3rd galactus and each one bigger and better than the last. But seeing the sentinel released in the same format has brought expectations with this new galactus.

I'll say it again what else can they do other than the heralds to make this more enticing?

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”