HasLab Galactus Discussion

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
User avatar
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: FwooshTeam Ladies Man.
Posts: 9857
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:42 am

Re: HasLab Galactus Discussion

Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:18 pm

e-rock wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:08 pm
Enforcer wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:04 pm
e-rock wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:54 pm
This thing still has over 30 days left. Honestly, I don't see much use stressing on either end of the spectrum. It is out of your control or mine outside of being a backer. So what is the use in lamenting the current backer count?

Why dont we all just wait and see what happens?
No one is stressing. Literally no one. Some folks are expressing that the count isn't moving at a pace that necessarily guarantees backing. For the next 38 days - the current count and the remaining ground left to cover will come up a lot. So maybe don't bother with the thread if you're going to bitch every time the current count is brought up or someone says they aren't as confident as your smarties that this will definitely be made.

By your directive we just use this thread to talk about what we hope gets unlocked despite that still somewhat being a question mark? But... we're the foolish ones for talking about the backer count, or the most important development now and until it gets funded. Maybe we wait and see... and no one posts here until the next 38 days end? Would that... make you happy?
Dude, everytime anyone counters you on whether it will make the goal or not you just act like a condescending jerk to them. As evidenced by this reply. You realize being a jerk all the time doesn't make you any smarter, right? It just makes people dislike you more. You don't earn points for being a smarter person because you either believe the campaign will succeed or fail. Time will tell on that in the end.

So, instead of meeting everyone with condescension, why don't you actually articulate your argument in a cordial manner. You know...like an adult.
Thank you for setting me straight, adult. I appreciate it, and I've learned.

Of course, since the point has jumped right over your head - there is no counter arguing going on at all. Some of us are looking at the numbers and wondering if it's possible. Some are so sure that they think those who doubt it are stupid. Fine. Your super smarty adult point was that we shouldn't even TALK about the backer counts because whatever happens will happen. By that logic, people shouldn't talk about figures they want to see made because eventually they will just get made or they won't.

There is no overt negative commentary like the above poster described happened with the Star Wars Barge. Everyone wants this. Everyone would like to see the goal met. Some people aren't as sure as others. You essentially want to not hear from those who aren't as sure as you are. That's constructive... adult. Take the L, move on.
User avatar
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: FwooshTeam Ladies Man.
Posts: 9857
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:42 am

Re: HasLab Galactus Discussion

Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:22 pm

JPC wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:11 pm
I'm still on the fence on this guy, but not due to the figure - due to Hasbro. I don't want to support a business plan that treats the customer like a sucker.

They might still get my money, but they're going to have to work for it. They chose to set this bar so high (singular, since they won't even reveal the tier unlock amounts or number of which I still feel is hugely disrespectful to a fanbase as dedicated as theirs - and another reason for the slow climb) - I'm ready to see them jump for a change.
LOL they put in the effort to give us the chance to own this beautiful figure and a very reasonable price - but they are disrespectful and treat us like suckers. Hope to see you eventually back - begrudgingly. I hope they jump for you so you feel some satisfaction in this action figure purchase.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 2446
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:47 pm

Re: HasLab Galactus Discussion

Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:30 pm

Enforcer wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:18 pm
e-rock wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:08 pm
Enforcer wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:04 pm


No one is stressing. Literally no one. Some folks are expressing that the count isn't moving at a pace that necessarily guarantees backing. For the next 38 days - the current count and the remaining ground left to cover will come up a lot. So maybe don't bother with the thread if you're going to bitch every time the current count is brought up or someone says they aren't as confident as your smarties that this will definitely be made.

By your directive we just use this thread to talk about what we hope gets unlocked despite that still somewhat being a question mark? But... we're the foolish ones for talking about the backer count, or the most important development now and until it gets funded. Maybe we wait and see... and no one posts here until the next 38 days end? Would that... make you happy?
Dude, everytime anyone counters you on whether it will make the goal or not you just act like a condescending jerk to them. As evidenced by this reply. You realize being a jerk all the time doesn't make you any smarter, right? It just makes people dislike you more. You don't earn points for being a smarter person because you either believe the campaign will succeed or fail. Time will tell on that in the end.

So, instead of meeting everyone with condescension, why don't you actually articulate your argument in a cordial manner. You know...like an adult.
Thank you for setting me straight, adult. I appreciate it, and I've learned.

Of course, since the point has jumped right over your head - there is no counter arguing going on at all. Some of us are looking at the numbers and wondering if it's possible. Some are so sure that they think those who doubt it are stupid. Fine. Your super smarty adult point was that we shouldn't even TALK about the backer counts because whatever happens will happen. By that logic, people shouldn't talk about figures they want to see made because eventually they will just get made or they won't.

There is no overt negative commentary like the above poster described happened with the Star Wars Barge. Everyone wants this. Everyone would like to see the goal met. Some people aren't as sure as others. You essentially want to not hear from those who aren't as sure as you are. That's constructive... adult. Take the L, move on.
I aint getting into a lengthy back and forth with you, so this is last reply to you I am making. You literally posted before I did to someone else that apparently it is Insanity to believe the campaign will fail. Again, you are just being condescending to people for no reason. This is something you do frequently. There is no reason to do that all the time. It doesn't make topics more fun. It doesn't make you look smarter. It just brings needless childishness to threads. I am not into drama. You might be given your posting habits. But I aint being lured in for some several page back and forth.

And your assessment is wrong. I am not saying this cause I don't want to see negativity. All I have ever said is the campaign failing or not will sort itself out and debating the merits of if it will fail or not is ultimately meaningless. We will just have to follow the campaign and see where it goes. But again, nothing I posted merited the childish response you gave me.

Anyway, that is all I am saying to you. Have fun posting and you do you. I will reply to conversations and posts I deem more worth my time
User avatar
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 8992
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 1:35 am

Re: HasLab Galactus Discussion

Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:31 pm

I can't remember if I stole this picture from someone else posting it earlier in this thread or found it while perusing pictures of heralds, but anyway - look, heralds!

Image

THAT is a set that would fly past its goal. Offer a herald every 1-2,000 backers after 14k and I bet they would all unlock no problem.
User avatar
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: FwooshTeam Ladies Man.
Posts: 9857
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:42 am

Re: HasLab Galactus Discussion

Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:37 pm

e-rock wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:30 pm
Enforcer wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:18 pm
e-rock wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:08 pm


Dude, everytime anyone counters you on whether it will make the goal or not you just act like a condescending jerk to them. As evidenced by this reply. You realize being a jerk all the time doesn't make you any smarter, right? It just makes people dislike you more. You don't earn points for being a smarter person because you either believe the campaign will succeed or fail. Time will tell on that in the end.

So, instead of meeting everyone with condescension, why don't you actually articulate your argument in a cordial manner. You know...like an adult.
Thank you for setting me straight, adult. I appreciate it, and I've learned.

Of course, since the point has jumped right over your head - there is no counter arguing going on at all. Some of us are looking at the numbers and wondering if it's possible. Some are so sure that they think those who doubt it are stupid. Fine. Your super smarty adult point was that we shouldn't even TALK about the backer counts because whatever happens will happen. By that logic, people shouldn't talk about figures they want to see made because eventually they will just get made or they won't.

There is no overt negative commentary like the above poster described happened with the Star Wars Barge. Everyone wants this. Everyone would like to see the goal met. Some people aren't as sure as others. You essentially want to not hear from those who aren't as sure as you are. That's constructive... adult. Take the L, move on.
I aint getting into a lengthy back and forth with you, so this is last reply to you I am making. You literally posted before I did to someone else that apparently it is Insanity to believe the campaign will fail. Again, you are just being condescending to people for no reason. This is something you do frequently. There is no reason to do that all the time. It doesn't make topics more fun. It doesn't make you look smarter. It just brings needless childishness to threads. I am not into drama. You might be given your posting habits. But I aint being lured in for some several page back and forth.

And your assessment is wrong. I am not saying this cause I don't want to see negativity. All I have ever said is the campaign failing or not will sort itself out and debating the merits of if it will fail or not is ultimately meaningless. We will just have to follow the campaign and see where it goes. But again, nothing I posted merited the childish response you gave me.

Anyway, that is all I am saying to you. Have fun posting and you do you. I will reply to conversations and posts I deem more worth my time
Agree to disagree.
User avatar
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Astoria
Posts: 3707
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:14 am

Re: HasLab Galactus Discussion

Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:49 pm

I enthusiastically backed this the minute it went up and have been optimistic about hitting its goal soon — I even posted awhile back predicting it would be by tomorrow — but am starting to think it’s going to be a slog given the steadily diminishing growth in backers. There’s going to have to be a real pick up in pace soon because at this pace, it’ll probably just hit the goal at the end without hitting any tiers.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Jax
Avengers Assemble
Location: NJ, The Scalper State
Posts: 410
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:05 am

Re: HasLab Galactus Discussion

Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:57 pm

H-bird wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:31 pm
I can't remember if I stole this picture from someone else posting it earlier in this thread or found it while perusing pictures of heralds, but anyway - look, heralds!

Image

THAT is a set that would fly past its goal. Offer a herald every 1-2,000 backers after 14k and I bet they would all unlock no problem.
Oooh Heralds, purtty , I would like one please?!?! On my wall! Thank you
User avatar
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Columbus, GA
Posts: 4139
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 9:57 am

Re: HasLab Galactus Discussion

Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:06 pm

If the pace doesn't pick about 2 weeks to the end it is possible it could get backed by the 29th. If it does pick up then a week out and that depends on how much the pace picks up.
I didn't back this project for the tiers, I did it for Galactus and if the tiers get opened that is just a bonus.
I look at this as a person who would want a Galactus customized if this one wasn't being made. You are getting a lot of plastic for just $399 and tax.
I would probably say if I wanted a Galactus customized from an existing figure out there and at 32" it would cost no less than $600.
User avatar
elvis8batman
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
Posts: 730
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:14 pm

Re: HasLab Galactus Discussion

Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:16 pm

Being lazy I haven’t searched to see the buying options for people in the U.K. so where is best to go to back this for us English folk?
Shreddar
Super Poseable
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 143
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:47 pm

Re: HasLab Galactus Discussion

Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:03 pm

I don’t see much of a reason to buy galactus if I can’t get his heralds. I’m not saying for free as stretch tiers, I want an opportunity to buy them as a box set. Instead we get Elvis MODOK.

Otherwise, what will I do pose Galactus standing by himself and my four fantastic four figures standing around him in a semi circle?

I can already do that with my Marvel Universe Galactus.
User avatar
RoyalCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 3164
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:40 pm

Re: HasLab Galactus Discussion

Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:05 pm

elvis8batman wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:16 pm
Being lazy I haven’t searched to see the buying options for people in the U.K. so where is best to go to back this for us English folk?
Hasbro Pulse UK!
Shreddar
Super Poseable
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 143
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:47 pm

Re: HasLab Galactus Discussion

Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:07 pm

JPC wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:11 pm
I'm still on the fence on this guy, but not due to the figure - due to Hasbro. I don't want to support a business plan that treats the customer like a sucker.

They might still get my money, but they're going to have to work for it. They chose to set this bar so high (singular, since they won't even reveal the tier unlock amounts or number of which I still feel is hugely disrespectful to a fanbase as dedicated as theirs - and another reason for the slow climb) - I'm ready to see them jump for a change.
Yes, this exactly. Normally this would be a day 1 back for me. But between:

1) Setting the initial bar so high at 14k
2) Not revealing what the stretch goals are
3) Not even revealing the number for the stretch goals

It feels like a real FU to the fan base. It feels bad, and I’ll probably back it, but I’ll do at the last moment.
fac
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 798
Joined: Sat May 30, 2020 10:22 pm

Re: HasLab Galactus Discussion

Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:49 pm

I think the somewhat negative reaction to the campaign actually speaks to how desired Galactus is by many. As soon as the Sail Barge was announced, predictions began about possible HasLabs for ML, and Galactus was a constant suggestion, as was the possibility of Heralds for tiers - so many collectors have been hoping for and anticipating this campaign for a couple of years.

That the high backer goal relative to the prior HasLabs has even opened up the possibility, however unlikely that may be, that this doesn't get backed leads to some natural frustration - especially as the backer total after a few days would have funded this campaign under past levels and we could be past that point. So once again while I think it will very likely be backed, there is a natural reaction that it should have been backed already which leads to questioning the need for the high backer goal.

Combine that with the assumption that this is one of the best options to get more obscure Heralds made, and the realization that the campaign likely will need to double its current total just to get the first tier or two unlocked, I think is leading to a sense that this may become a bit of a missed opportunity relative to what many had hoped for. I assume even the most optimistic about the campaign being backed have to have some doubt about hitting possibly 20,000 (or more) backers in order to unlock 4 tiers.

I am eager to get Galactus and if that is what I get for my $400 I'll be content. But I will be happier if some new Heralds come along for the ride, as I am not sure many of those will get a wide release otherwise, and truthfully it seems like a better deal to have a few figures added for the price. And if this stalls and doesn't get made, that will be very frustrating.

Maybe the past campaigns set unrealistic expectations for backers and tiers, as did the success of the Sentinel, but that is all we had to go on. So I think people venting a bit on this thread is more a reflection on their desire and passion for Legends, and reflects what many had envisioned for this campaign compared to how it is playing out.
User avatar
Samael13
is way smarter than you
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Bean town...
Posts: 6852
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:13 am

Re: HasLab Galactus Discussion

Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:53 pm

Shreddar wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:03 pm
I don’t see much of a reason to buy galactus if I can’t get his heralds. I’m not saying for free as stretch tiers, I want an opportunity to buy them as a box set. Instead we get Elvis MODOK.
A fact I'm very grateful for. One cool set does not prevent them from releasing another cool set.
Otherwise, what will I do pose Galactus standing by himself and my four fantastic four figures standing around him in a semi circle?

I can already do that with my Marvel Universe Galactus.
Yes? Is that a trick question? Sure, you can just do that with the MU Galactus, but you could also put all the heralds around MU Galactus if they were made. Other than being bigger and more articulated, there's not really anything you can do with this that you can't do with the MU one. Galactus usually only has one herald at a time, right? So I'll just be posing him with SS looking awesome AF.
razzer99
Customized
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: AZ
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:04 am

Re: HasLab Galactus Discussion

Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:42 pm

The part that is killing it for me is how does a professional marketing team seemingly not know how to properly run a basic Kickstarter campaign? It's just weird, sad, and disappointing.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”