HasLab Galactus Discussion

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: HasLab Galactus Discussion

Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:03 pm

Bleuboia wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:39 pm
Why didn't they release and push characters related to Galactus? They hardly have any characters that have a close connection to Galactus, and they didn't even tie him in with the Avengers from the classic cover. When the Sentinel was unveiled there were like 100+ X-Men characters made and it made people want it more. They should have waited until they released more Fantastic Four and cosmic characters.

There is a stream scheduled for next Wednesday (7/28) and it is possible that the rumored Fantastic Four retro wave will be revealed there. It would make a lot of sense to reveal a full set of classic FF folks can buy to accompany Galactus - might sway a few people who weren't able to get the Walgreens set and want a non-modern grouping to display him with!
mr Articulate
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:43 pm

Bleuboia wrote:
Why didn't they release and push characters related to Galactus? They hardly have any characters that have a close connection to Galactus, and they didn't even tie him in with the Avengers from the classic cover. When the Sentinel was unveiled there were like 100+ X-Men characters made and it made people want it more. They should have waited until they released more Fantastic Four and cosmic characters.

Love to see Galactus come with FF super power accessories to recreate this cover.
Capman
Amalgam version of "Bat America"

HasLab Galactus Discussion

Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:12 pm

mr Articulate wrote:
Bleuboia wrote:

Love to see Galactus come with FF super power accessories to recreate this cover.
Great thought!

I fully expect to see shots/video of the new classic F4 team fighting the HasLab Galactus very soon. Smart move to market both the retro F4 wave and ol’ Galan during the HasLab backing window.

Maybe they will also reveal Surfer in the next livestream as the first tier to spread out the hype? And even Nova? With a shadow of the third tier?
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:47 pm

scribb wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:01 am
Enforcer wrote:
scribb wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:51 pm
I'm struggling to phrase this without being massively offensive.

This will successfully fund.

If anybody has significant doubt that it will fund then that says more about that person than it does on the reality of it getting funded.
I... think you're trying to politely be insulting to people with a healthy skepticism.

That you feel so strongly about those who aren't 100% confident like you are... says the most about you.
That is a fair point. It says more about me at the other end of that skepticism scale.

Skepticism that this might not fund is not healthy though. That's my point- it's bordering on being unhealthy.

And I say that as a complete skeptic on most things in life.
You know what... you're right. Those of us who think to ourselves "huh, maybe this doesn't get made - a possibility" are definitely on our way to deteriorating mental health. Recommend therapy for us all. Thoughts and prayers.
thekunk2075
CROM!

Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:35 pm

still at under 9k, doesn't look great tbh
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:42 pm

thekunk2075 wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:35 pm
still at under 9k, doesn't look great tbh
Apparently there is something very wrong with you for even thinking that. You should feel confident that there are 5 thousand potential backers just waiting for the right moment. Feel shame.

But if I can speak regular - even though there is still a significant amount of ground to cover, it's possible these late surges happen. It's possible that the dangling of tier unlocks motivates those still on the fence. 5 THOUSAND people is still a bit of a mountain to cover. I hope we make it, I want one - regardless of what it comes with. I'd just be happy if the goal is met.
thekunk2075
CROM!

Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:45 pm

same here don't care about the tiers, i have ss and terrax and don't need new ones but I feel like they overshot here. it would be a strange pr happenstance if this doesn't make it. Its not the 8800 that's troubling its the lack of movement. I wonder which is worse - missing the 14k or asking backers to pony up another $100-200 to close the gap and get it made.
thekunk2075
CROM!

Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:46 pm

i guess they hope a 3rd set of the core FF figures in 3 years will close the gap. FF has no movie rub so not sure how much sway they have with less dedicated fans
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:51 pm

At this point they are definitely trying to find new ways of motivating people. I'm certain the Hasbro team's IMs to each other contain at least one or two "maybe we set the bar too high" laments, even now. Dwights daily photographs, the tier unlock tease, the mention of the FF wave... they want to drum it up. I hope it works.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:54 pm

This thing still has over 30 days left. Honestly, I don't see much use stressing on either end of the spectrum. It is out of your control or mine outside of being a backer. So what is the use in lamenting the current backer count?

Why dont we all just wait and see what happens?
Dormammu
Mumu of Evil

Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:56 pm

Enforcer wrote:
But if I can speak regular - even though there is still a significant amount of ground to cover, it's possible these late surges happen. It's possible that the dangling of tier unlocks motivates those still on the fence.
That's what I think will happen. The herald unlocks will probably push this through without too much problem by the end. So it comes down to Hasbro's decision on when they're going to tease those more.

I don't even think I'll get one since I'm trying to collect within my budget - that's unless someone wants to suddenly buy $300 worth of my stuff. But I still hope the project gets to market and fans are happy with the final product. I hope to even strike up a deal with a future Galactus owner who may not be interested in a herald or two.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:04 pm

e-rock wrote:
This thing still has over 30 days left. Honestly, I don't see much use stressing on either end of the spectrum. It is out of your control or mine outside of being a backer. So what is the use in lamenting the current backer count?

No one is stressing. Literally no one. Some folks are expressing that the count isn't moving at a pace that necessarily guarantees backing. For the next 38 days - the current count and the remaining ground left to cover will come up a lot. So maybe don't bother with the thread if you're going to bitch every time the current count is brought up or someone says they aren't as confident as your smarties that this will definitely be made.

By your directive we just use this thread to talk about what we hope gets unlocked despite that still somewhat being a question mark? But... we're the foolish ones for talking about the backer count, or the most important development now and until it gets funded. Maybe we wait and see... and no one posts here until the next 38 days end? Would that... make you happy?
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:08 pm

Enforcer wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:04 pm
e-rock wrote:

No one is stressing. Literally no one. Some folks are expressing that the count isn't moving at a pace that necessarily guarantees backing. For the next 38 days - the current count and the remaining ground left to cover will come up a lot. So maybe don't bother with the thread if you're going to bitch every time the current count is brought up or someone says they aren't as confident as your smarties that this will definitely be made.

By your directive we just use this thread to talk about what we hope gets unlocked despite that still somewhat being a question mark? But... we're the foolish ones for talking about the backer count, or the most important development now and until it gets funded. Maybe we wait and see... and no one posts here until the next 38 days end? Would that... make you happy?
Dude, everytime anyone counters you on whether it will make the goal or not you just act like a condescending jerk to them. As evidenced by this reply. You realize being a jerk all the time doesn't make you any smarter, right? It just makes people dislike you more. You don't earn points for being a smarter person because you either believe the campaign will succeed or fail. Time will tell on that in the end.

So, instead of meeting everyone with condescension, why don't you actually articulate your argument in a cordial manner. You know...like an adult.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:10 pm

Dormammu wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:56 pm
Enforcer wrote:
But if I can speak regular - even though there is still a significant amount of ground to cover, it's possible these late surges happen. It's possible that the dangling of tier unlocks motivates those still on the fence.
That's what I think will happen. The herald unlocks will probably push this through without too much problem by the end. So it comes down to Hasbro's decision on when they're going to tease those more.

I don't even think I'll get one since I'm trying to collect within my budget - that's unless someone wants to suddenly buy $300 worth of my stuff. But I still hope the project gets to market and fans are happy with the final product. I hope to even strike up a deal with a future Galactus owner who may not be interested in a herald or two.
So - this is an interesting point. Right now a lot of people (ok, it was one guy on every page) are complaining that the backer goal was too high so Hasbro is being cheapskates by offering the Heralds later instead of as a free throw-in. However, what if we crush the goal. What if we unlock 4 Heralds but the only way you could EVER get them is in this set? For a lot of people who can't pony up $400 they won't be able to get these figures, and for some that could be a worse situation than if Hasbro releases them on their own later.

I guess my point is: no matter what happens, not everyone will be happy? But there is 100% 2 sides to whatever happens in 38 days.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:11 pm

I'm still on the fence on this guy, but not due to the figure - due to Hasbro. I don't want to support a business plan that treats the customer like a sucker.

They might still get my money, but they're going to have to work for it. They chose to set this bar so high (singular, since they won't even reveal the tier unlock amounts or number of which I still feel is hugely disrespectful to a fanbase as dedicated as theirs - and another reason for the slow climb) - I'm ready to see them jump for a change.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”

Recent Topics