HasLab Galactus Discussion

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
scribb
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: HasLab Galactus Discussion

Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:51 pm

I'm struggling to phrase this without being massively offensive.

This will successfully fund.

If anybody has significant doubt that it will fund then that says more about that person than it does on the reality of it getting funded.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:52 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:53 pm
PG-Superfan wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:43 pm
I think you could get modest improvements and a rerelease if necessary but where I see that working is an Alpha Flight boxed set style "Heralds of Galactus" set. Plan Terrax, Airwalker, Firelord, and Morg for that. Have Stardust, Nova, and Surfer be Haslab tiers with the 4th tier perhaps as a Galen head and G emblem for the chest since we know that's swappable.

A Heralds box set would be stupendous. I'd be fine with a new Terrax in that, but is there no other popular herald to take his place? I've never ranked Galactus's heralds in order of popularity before. For me it's the Surfer, and then all the others lumped together in my head.
Not counting Human Torch, Franklin, Golden Oldie, and Destroyer Armor i'd say i'd rank the heralds like this

Tier 1: Silver Surfer
Tier 2: Terrax and Firelord
Tier 3: Nova
Tier 4: Airwalker
Tier 5: Morg
Tier 6: Everyone else
Junkpile
one man's trash...

Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:00 pm

spideyboy1111 wrote:
EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:53 pm
PG-Superfan wrote:
I think you could get modest improvements and a rerelease if necessary but where I see that working is an Alpha Flight boxed set style "Heralds of Galactus" set. Plan Terrax, Airwalker, Firelord, and Morg for that. Have Stardust, Nova, and Surfer be Haslab tiers with the 4th tier perhaps as a Galen head and G emblem for the chest since we know that's swappable.

A Heralds box set would be stupendous. I'd be fine with a new Terrax in that, but is there no other popular herald to take his place? I've never ranked Galactus's heralds in order of popularity before. For me it's the Surfer, and then all the others lumped together in my head.
Not counting Human Torch, Franklin, Golden Oldie, and Destroyer Armor i'd say i'd rank the heralds like this

I’d put Morg and Stardust together in the 6th spot.
Both had a couple of important stories, at least as impactful as Air Walker, but he was a classic character, so gets more love.
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:11 pm

PG-Superfan wrote:
EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:31 pm
Rish Outfield wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:22 pm
Why are so many people eager for a new Terrax? What was wrong with the 2012 one?

I'm late to the game and just got mine last year, and it's one of the few older figures I have virtually no issues with. I like him better than many dozens of figures released long after he was, so we're in FAR greater need of unreleased heralds than a new version of him. He's mostly fine as-is, particularly since his skirt hides his ball hips and their articulation isn't limited like many figures of the time were.
Well, speaking for myself, I want a new one. My Terrax had messed up hips. One leg peg was too big, and the other was too small, so his legs wouldn’t stay on, or attach at all. Certainly wasn’t going to shell out for a whole other wave, particularly if that was a reoccurring problem. So, yes to a NEW Terrax.
Hagop
Pietro's Running Mate

Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:22 pm

sepster wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:09 pm
A Galactus-sized Ult Nullifier? Because the one included with both Walgreens Mr Fantastic and the Fan Channel Doom is pretty great.
More like the Mezco one.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:51 pm

scribb wrote:

If anybody has significant doubt that it will fund then that says more about that person than it does on the reality of it getting funded.
I... think you're trying to politely be insulting to people with a healthy skepticism.

That you feel so strongly about those who aren't 100% confident like you are... says the most about you.
Maximoff
no more subnics

Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:11 pm

Enforcer wrote:
scribb wrote:

I... think you're trying to politely be insulting to people with a healthy skepticism.

That you feel so strongly about those who aren't 100% confident like you are... says the most about you.
It will get funded but I think it has potential for a unicron situation where they need to extend the date. But they made it so they aren’t going to throw it on a shelf and give up releasing it. If they were cool with making only 6,000 sentinels then even now at it’s current total would have been enough to fund it. They just being greedy with the high minimum. I’m skeptical on the tiers happening. Especially with the first one being silver surfer. I think they would package him in even if they don’t make it to tier two though since the sentinel came with a base figure. Even if they have to fudge the numbers for it. The value of galactus would be great with 4 figures added but I don’t see it getting to 18-20,000 backers.
Chooch
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:48 pm

spideyboy1111 wrote:

It depends on when you started reading of course, but I'd concur with this list. Exposure after Nova is pretty minimal. One potential oddball choice is the recent run of Thor in which he was both an All-Father and a herald.
Comedian
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:52 pm

scribb wrote:

There’s always a chance it doesn’t, but I don’t see that happening. Not having the first marvel haslab in hand is a strike against them though.

When the sail barge was struggling I was shocked at the people applauding it’s apparent demise. Non stop….”have fun never owning this”….was thrown at will. People utterly convinced it would fail and take Star Wars figure collecting with it. Then….it hit 4,000 and just kept steaming ahead. Those “fans” disappeared quite quickly. I saw many people whom either couldn’t afford it or didn’t have space for it, still be excited it was getting made and still shared in the joy of it, even though they would never own. That vocal anti-barge group faded away.
Beamish
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:44 am

Hopefully any Heralds that aren't included with Galactus are on Marvel's radar and will show up in general waves or better yet - a box set. With Thor and GOTG movies on the horizon, maybe that will shine a light on the often neglected cosmic side of Marvel and we'll see a dedicated wave or two.

If Firelord isn't one of the tiers, I can see him breaking into the Top 10 or getting pretty close to in during the next Fwoosh vote. Air-Walker will hopefully gain some traction as well - he's just so cool looking, definitely toy-centric.
garrettlcustoms
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:35 am

Dwight posted a pic of Galactus on Insta with the lights off. Bad angle but shows what it looks like, someone here asked. Looks pretty great still, just a clear dark blue plastic.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

PG-Superfan
CROM!

Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:03 am

garrettlcustoms wrote:
Dwight posted a pic of Galactus on Insta with the lights off. Bad angle but shows what it looks like, someone here asked. Looks pretty great still, just a clear dark blue plastic.

What's Dwight's Insta username?
Beamish
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:06 am

PG-Superfan wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:03 am
garrettlcustoms wrote:

What's Dwight's Insta username?
stalldwight
scribb
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:01 am

Enforcer wrote:
scribb wrote:

That is a fair point. It says more about me at the other end of that skepticism scale.

Skepticism that this might not fund is not healthy though. That's my point- it's bordering on being unhealthy.

And I say that as a complete skeptic on most things in life.
Bleuboia
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:39 pm

Why didn't they release and push characters related to Galactus? They hardly have any characters that have a close connection to Galactus, and they didn't even tie him in with the Avengers from the classic cover. When the Sentinel was unveiled there were like 100+ X-Men characters made and it made people want it more. They should have waited until they released more Fantastic Four and cosmic characters.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”