HasLab FF Galactus (?) Discussion

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Jax
Runs Around in Tights

Re: HasLab FF Galactus (?) Discussion

Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:02 pm

sepster wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:17 pm
Having another Silver Surfer occupy a tier slot would be a waste. Considering the Sentinel tiers were non-anchor characters, I don't think the Legends team feels the need to bundle an evergreen character with a HasLab project.

Obviously, I want Firelord too but I feel he is a very likely choice for the Fantastic Four Retro wave.
I agree with you 100% brother, Firelord & Air-Walker better be all inclusive, at the least! They are both long overdue, Frankie Nova as well! Preferably chromed out (make ya eyes hurt in the sun lookin at her) Frankie..... Image
Grins
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:14 am

Fin Fang Foom is in the Fantastic Four family of marvel characters, and he has a tail.
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:32 am

I was at one time going to have loosecollector do a Celestial for me using a full size mannequin. It would have took about 8 months and cost around $2500. The shipping itself was going to cost about 1/2 as much as the custom so we decided not to do it. I would be in for a Galactus in which Hasbro would probably make at least 30 inches tall and I would place the cost at $425-$500.
ditko
Thread Killer

Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:36 am

Holy Shit!!!!
LivingTribunal
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:27 am

spideyboy1111 wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:46 pm
Im going to go with 5 tiers

- Since surfer has had 2 single releases now... i see him being added as the first tier with a special paint deco

- Nova its unfortunate, but I think she's headed here

- Air-walker

- stardust

- morg

Id personally save terrax and firelord for future F4 retro releases

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I would not mind a Silver Surfer rerelease personally as someone that missed the original release, but I don’t think it is likely.

Still, the idea that maybe, just maybe Silver Surfer will be released again with this possible HasLab makes me question whether I should even pull the trigger on the new Obsidian Surfer :?:
fac
Avengers Assemble

Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:05 pm

Surfer could be included from the start but I agree he wouldn't be an exciting Tier unlock. But just as likely he would get an FF Retro Card release somewhere.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:47 pm

Surfer should be a Fan Channel vintage card like Doom. Really hope he’s readily available but not taking up a slot in a retail FF wave.
Hagop
Pietro's Running Mate

Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:28 pm

Hey has it occurred to anyone else that this could be the Watcher? I know, not as likely as Galactus, but ...non-zero chance, right?
TheeCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:52 pm

I personally think anyone other than Galactus would make it a disappointment. At least when you compare it to how well the Sentinel project was run.

Keep giving us what we want and have asked for. That’s all you need to do. Easy money.
iskopower
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:55 pm

IF it were to be Galactus, he definitely needs to be taller than the Sentinel, with the head (not the horns) sitting 2 inches above at least. One of my issues with the TB Galactus was that he was smaller than the Sentinel (and even Apocalypse, if I'm not mistaken).

Now.. what to do with my MU Regular and Variant Galactus figures. I guess I can have them be Galactus' kids, one yin and one yang. :D
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:57 pm

Could be, but if they put all the time and energy into developing Galactus as the first HasLab project and then went with the Sentinel instead, I'd think they would want to get Galactus out as soon as possible. Most toy engineering looks dated after a few years.

Couldn't The Watcher just be a cosmic wave BAF down the road?
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:23 pm

I dont see why the Sentinel and galactus wouldn't need to be the same height... who's posing them together? And is really another inch or 2 going to make a difference when comic galactus would at least be twice the size of a sentinel?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:39 pm

iskopower wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:55 pm
Now.. what to do with my MU Regular and Variant Galactus figures. I guess I can have them be Galactus' kids, one yin and one yang. :D

The hungrier Galactus gets the smaller he gets, so the Haslab can be him fully fed, the MU his hunger growing, and the BAF can be him nearing death. He can also simply change size at will so all of the sizes can work in any display. Bigger is better to convey the threat he poses.

At some point they also explained that the true form of Galactus is unknown, and he appears to any given individual as either a very large member of their own species or some deity that they worship. If they've ever revealed his true form I haven't seen it, but if anyone has please do share. Here he is appearing as some big octopus-like creature to an alien species:

maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:56 pm

I think anything short of Galactus would be a let down if it's FF themed. He's a very obvious character for the Haslab size treatment just as the Sentinel was for X-Men themed. Granted I was guessing Mastermold at the time (or a shopping mall from the first episode of the cartoon) but still I was kinda right and it was kind of obvious.

As far as unlock tiers to get the sales numbers way up....well during the Sentinel tier unlocks I remember there being an emotional let down after the first tier. It felt lackluster.

So I was thinking....what would absolutely drive the unlocks and accelerate the sales.

4 tier unlocks....each unlock is a piece of the Fantasticar.

It's really risky obviously as you don't want to fall short and only get 3 tier unlocks, but like the build a figure FOMO mindset you could set that last tier higher than we have seen before and it would pretty much be guaranteed to be met.

It seems like a Fantasticar would be too big for tier items but honestly, it's not that big of a vehicle, especially divided up. The movie one wasn't overly complicated and it wouldn't need to be much more elaborate than that. If you look at the Sentinel you have 2 figures, battle damaged head, battle damaged hand, tentacle, tri-sentinel head, master mold head. Take all those extras and I think they equal out to a decent Fantasticar.

I think you could especially afford to include the Fantasticar if the lessons learned from engineering the sentinel were applied to Galactus. Even if they don't share any parts at all, just the fact that the R&D work has been done ahead of time does help out. Despite what S7 would have you believe, vehicles aren't some crazy engineering feat. Or at least they don't have to be.
MLNUT
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:10 pm

Please stop with the Fantasticar. I'll take Heralds for the win.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”