Deluxe Figure Ideas

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
User avatar
WayCoolPeople
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Clear the aisle, everybody!
Posts: 294
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:39 am

Re: Deluxe Figure Ideas

Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:12 pm

Benn Roe wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:54 pm
Magneto: big magneto force-field sphere and some extra heads to replace most of the terrible heads from previous Magnetos.

The main changes I'd like to see to Magneto are a thicker/harder helmet with a separate crest, and individual molds for his armor and cape, so that the former stays better affixed to his chest (maybe even sculpt it as part of the body?). Also it would be nice if his belt were affixed a little higher, like in the AoA figure's render.

I actually think his head sculpts in the three-pack are good—the enraged face is almost straight from his first Fleer Ultra card—but the helmet's poor quality makes them look terrible.
User avatar
Benn Roe
Super Poseable
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:15 pm

Re: Deluxe Figure Ideas

Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:27 am

WayCoolPeople wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:12 pm
Benn Roe wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:54 pm
Magneto: big magneto force-field sphere and some extra heads to replace most of the terrible heads from previous Magnetos.

The main changes I'd like to see to Magneto are a thicker/harder helmet with a separate crest, and individual molds for his armor and cape, so that the former stays better affixed to his chest (maybe even sculpt it as part of the body?). Also it would be nice if his belt were affixed a little higher, like in the AoA figure's render.

I actually think his head sculpts in the three-pack are good—the enraged face is almost straight from his first Fleer Ultra card—but the helmet's poor quality makes them look terrible.
Yeah, the faces are fine! The helmets just sit so high on the heads and ill-fitting. They look awful.
User avatar
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Seriously..who the %$#*& ate my lunch?!?!?
Posts: 8976
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:44 pm

Re: Deluxe Figure Ideas

Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:36 am

I will join the chorus of those asking for Smart Hulk. We absolutely need a hulk figure in the tank top and jeans with the work boots. I’d prefer it on the 80th anniversary body but if that’s too big then a slightly smaller body that is close in size to the Red Hulk from ‘08 would be ideal


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: FwooshTeam Ladies Man.
Posts: 9690
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:42 am

Re: Deluxe Figure Ideas

Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:45 am

So - to get a Smart Hulk we'd need new legs which Hasbro has shown tremendous reluctance to do with that body.
User avatar
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Seriously..who the %$#*& ate my lunch?!?!?
Posts: 8976
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:44 pm

Re: Deluxe Figure Ideas

Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:49 am

Enforcer wrote:So - to get a Smart Hulk we'd need new legs which Hasbro has shown tremendous reluctance to do with that body.
We’d also need a new torso for the tank top. But still I feel like Hasbro would reap huge dividends if they made that version of Hulk. I’m sure a lot of collectors would consider that version to be their quintessential Hulk


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
kailryu
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: London, UK
Posts: 2181
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:37 am

Re: Deluxe Figure Ideas

Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:56 pm

I feel like a non-negotiable must is a Doc Ock with articulated tentacles and base.
A straight re-release of the SP//DR wave figure is fine as long as they sort those tentacles to be something that actually does the job.

I want to see a blue and yellow Cable with all the weapons too. ALL OF THEM.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OG_Venom
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Bumpin' the Pro's
Posts: 1104
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:13 am

Re: Deluxe Figure Ideas

Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:38 pm

World War Hulk/World Breaker Hulk is a big want for me
User avatar
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Just north of 'the D'
Posts: 6222
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:31 am

Re: Deluxe Figure Ideas

Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:52 pm

A pinstriped Mr Fixit with a Purves-style headsculpt and a Keown Smart Hulk are my two biggest for an upcoming Hulk release.

Image

Image
User avatar
mattmurdog
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 913
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:12 am

Re: Deluxe Figure Ideas

Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:28 pm

sepster wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:52 pm
A pinstriped Mr Fixit with a Purves-style headsculpt and a Keown Smart Hulk are my two biggest for an upcoming Hulk release.



Image
I need that Keown Smart Hulk! He's my favorite Hulk design next to the classic

Image

One of my favorite issues
User avatar
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Seriously..who the %$#*& ate my lunch?!?!?
Posts: 8976
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:44 pm

Re: Deluxe Figure Ideas

Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:08 pm

This is the smart hulk I would like to see. White t-shirt or shirtless would be optimal but id accept the black tank top if that was the only option.

Image
Image
Image
Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TwEE-N-Toast
Faster than a speeding bullet
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:26 am

Re: Deluxe Figure Ideas

Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:16 pm

8-Ball and his flying 8-Ball would make a great Deluxe figure. That way they don't have to waste a baf on him in the Sleepwalker wave.

Image
User avatar
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 2994
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:55 pm

Re: Deluxe Figure Ideas

Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:39 pm

kailryu wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:56 pm
I feel like a non-negotiable must is a Doc Ock with articulated tentacles and base.
A straight re-release of the SP//DR wave figure is fine as long as they sort those tentacles to be something that actually does the job.

I want to see a blue and yellow Cable with all the weapons too. ALL OF THEM.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you include all the weapons, you won’t have enough room in the box for the character.
Hbhf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 4904
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:46 pm

Re: Deluxe Figure Ideas

Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:33 pm

We need some more mech suits in this line.

Image
User avatar
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 10358
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:12 pm

Re: Deluxe Figure Ideas

Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:11 am

BILLIUM wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:20 pm
Man-Ape would be a great reuse of the Sasquatch body with some new overlays. Bonus points if they include a White Gorilla head for army building.

Image

In thinking about getting a proper comic based M'Baku figure from Marvel Legends I feel like the Man-Ape name or even imagery might be keeping Hasbro from wanting to include him as a BaF in a retail line... but if that's the case then a Fan Channel Deluxe release would seem perfect. As is stated above it's really easy to do with mostly existing parts but this is by far my most wanted character in Legends. I have been asking Dwight Stall and before that Dave Vonner for M'Baku since Hasbro got the license and asked Jesse Falcon multiple times when Toy Biz was making figures. I need it.

I really thought that with the popularity of the character in the MCU the door would be open for the comic version of M'Baku to show up and then with the Sasquatch BaF as a glaringly obvious base - its stunning he hasn't been done yet. When Mr. Fixit came out the community immediately pointed to the body and said "obvious Mr. Hyde reuse" and within the year along came Mr. Hyde. But Sasquatch has been around for more than 3 years now and still no movement on such obvious reuse.

It's time Hasbro. Deluxe Fan Channel Man-Ape figure. Let's GO!

I don't even care if you go bare legs or furry legs

ImageImage
User avatar
RAM
Customized
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 195
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:15 am

Deluxe Figure Ideas

Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:11 am

“It’s MODAM!” deluxe GameStop exclusive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”