Spider-Man MCU/mixed "OMG IT'S ARMADILLO!!" Wave

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Spider-Man MCU/mixed "OMG IT'S ARMADILLO!!" Wave

Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:56 pm

I now have the full wave minus JJJ.

HOLY SHIT, these Armadillo feet and ankles are terrible, they don't go far enough forward. How do you stand this guy up? Anybody figure out a way to mod those feet to make standing easier?

I'm guessing that since Covid started there's now a missing step in the production process where the designers never get samples of the final engineering design. I can't imagine how these Armadillo feet were signed off by ANYBODY who cared how the figure was used.
blackcomicnerd
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:46 am

Only figures I've been seeing have been JJJ, Strange, and Miles.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: Spider-Man MCU/mixed

Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:49 am

blackcomicnerd wrote:

Interesting, there was no JJJ in my local stores.

Oh, and the thing to remember about Target is the employees are trained to fill empty pegs and put the rest in the back. Since every store is already clogged with AoA and Eternals full cases that doesn't leave much room for this wave, so you should expect most of the figures to be in the back. At the Target I went to today only Strange was out, but they had Miles, Integrated Suit Spidey, and Black and Gold Spidey in the back, which an employee fetched for me.
Monkey Joe
Avengers Assemble

Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:18 am

My store has 8 Miles, 3 retro Reeds 8 AoA Cyclops, and 8 AoA Magnetos. Fantastic.
Capman
Amalgam version of "Bat America"

Spider-Man MCU/mixed "OMG IT'S ARMADILLO!!" Wave

Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:59 am

My store only had Miles, Strange, and black and gold suit Spidey.
maczero
CROM!

Re: Spider-Man MCU/mixed

Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:59 am

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:49 am
blackcomicnerd wrote:

Interesting, there was no JJJ in my local stores.

Oh, and the thing to remember about Target is the employees are trained to fill empty pegs and put the rest in the back. Since every store is already clogged with AoA and Eternals full cases that doesn't leave much room for this wave, so you should expect most of the figures to be in the back. At the Target I went to today only Strange was out, but they had Miles, Integrated Suit Spidey, and Black and Gold Spidey in the back, which an employee fetched for me.
I think it's time for the Eternals wave to hit clearance.

Just rec'd part of my preorder from this wave. It's Shriek and Strange. I'm happy with Strange but he looks pretty similar to the other MCU Strange's so there's no real excitement here. Shriek on the other hand, really impresses. First, three sets of hands for a female c-lister is impressive (Can three sets of hands be standard for all figures?). Added artic to the arms is nice. And lastly, her paint is really clean. I don't see any slop on mine. For a character that I was only mildly interested in, Shriek is a real winner. I'm hoping that Hasbro can produce a Nekra that's just as good.
Dorlando_calrissian
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:52 pm

Found an end cap at target today full of eternals, dr strange, black and gold Spider-Man, and miles. Ending up getting just miles. It seems like a really cool figure, but I feel like the colors could be brighter. And what the hell is up with that weird neck cut thing? It reminds me of something toybiz would do, and not in a good way
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:53 pm

Monkey Joe wrote:My store has 8 Miles, 3 retro Reeds 8 AoA Cyclops, and 8 AoA Magnetos. Fantastic.
You just described my Target.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Preacherpool
CROM!

Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:45 pm

I mean, I know what I'd do if I found eight Miles on the pegs.

Add a couple of these guys to the shelf below them...

Andru
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:02 pm

My Target only has Miles, which (so far) they are keeping in the back and is only accessible via the app's in store pick-up, or asking an employee.

Which honestly? I am totally OK with. I asked an employee in the toy section and he happily grabbed me one.

If this helps keep newer figures "on the pegs" longer, cool with me!

Or maybe...and probably more accurate...they just didn't have the room with all the Eternals still hanging around plus the 9 AOA Rogues!

But anyways, Miles is AWESOME! Happy I picked him up.

Only other figure I am tempted by in this wave is Shriek. I have Armadillo coming complete from Dorkside (hopefully soon)!
Zombie F-Body
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: "Never before have lives less lived been more chronicled"-Dennis Miller about social media

Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:29 am

Just grabbed the BAF only figures at WM. Was trying to be fiscally responsible as possible this month (Excalibur set and TC: Ultimates Jaga are inbound too as we type) but who knows if I'll get another shot at these. I saw a set out a couple months back at WM but since then it's just been a spattering of Morlun and Shriek. Target had a black/gold Spidey when I got my the "Family That Busts Together" GB:A set at Target too. I just finished the AOA 2 wave and grabbed the Wolverine 5-pack on sale also. So much for my "financial responsibility!" Unless the Spidey retros hit early on Amazon I should be through for the month though.

Only interested in the comic based figures and Strange since my only MCU version is the one from the first Dr. Strange movie wave. If you tilt the feet sideways on Armadillo and gently force the hinge forward you can get a little more extra forward movement on the ankles. Good set overall and Armadillo has been a want for a while. One of my first Marvel comics in the mid-80s featured him. Now if we can get Swarm out my first Marvel villains will finally have plastic forms!
MARVEL KNIGHT 2099
Such a cute little cheerleader

Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:25 pm

Only wanted JJJ from the wave and BBTS ended up shipping the one I put on preorder back when the wave went up, so I got him in.

Yeah, it's the same suit body that needs to get an upgrade but for Jonah it works very well. Head sculpt is spot-on. Hands help make him expressive, though I just wish he came with more. TWO fists. TWO pointing hands. Not just one right and one left. I'll be using some hands from other releases to fill out what's missing.
wetwithwaterwings
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:53 pm

Preacherpool wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:45 pm
I mean, I know what I'd do if I found eight Miles on the pegs.

Add a couple of these guys to the shelf below them...

:lol:
K_Steel
Prognostibator

Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:44 am

Found the Gamestop Miles Variant today.

Hasbros getting better with the articulated translucent figures.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:53 am

The Family That Busts Together would like a word... ;)

That Miles was in stock on the website a few days ago, but now I don't even see it.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”