Spider-Man MCU/mixed "OMG IT'S ARMADILLO!!" Wave

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
TheeCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Spider-Man MCU/mixed "OMG IT'S ARMADILLO!!" Wave

Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:24 am

Shriek is just phenomenal. Bring on Carrion and the rest!!

Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:26 am

One of these days, insisting on only photobombing by butts like that is gonna backfire...
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:32 am

It may just bite him in the @$$
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:10 am

Got Morlun and Shriek today, along with 3 parts from e-rock! Just need Miles, now.

Armadillo is imposing! I do wish the colors on the brown/orange matched up a bit better, but he's still awesome. I found it odd that the back leg joint has the texture, but the front knee, when bent, doesn't.

I'm so happy to finally have Morlun. Been asking for him for years, now. I do wish he was slightly more taller, but overall, I'm very happy with him.

Then there's Shriek. Double jointed arms and legs. Bicep swivel. Pinless. 3 sets of hand. And she's slightly shorter than the male figures. Absolute homerun! I did have a super-tight joint on each leg and 1 arm, but a little elbow grease (heh) and now she's moving perfectly. Absolutely love the new body.
Dorlando_calrissian
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:37 am

Been charged for Morlun by dorkside but no miles
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:30 am

Getting this wave piecemeal over the next few days.
- Morlun is great. Very nice to see someone who's been asked for so often to finally be in Legends form.
- JJJ - exactly what you'd expect. The wedding ring on both of his left hand options is a nice touch! Great face print. I'm tempted to get an extra one for reusing the suit body.
- Black Suit Spidey - I understand it's not screen accurate, but I do love this base buck, and honestly, I'm just a sucker for Spidey variants. Not screen accurate? Fine, it's another Spider-verse variant...
- Doctor Strange - wasn't super psyched to be getting another one so similar to the first, but I just like this one overall more than the last one. Better face, the body feels a little better, and I love the way the cape drops over his shoulders but can be easily removed. The cape, really, is the highlight for me. I might be less psyched to have him if I wasn't going to immediately put him on my desk fighting with Strange Supreme from What If...

I believe Shriek will get here tomorrow from DS, and I have Miles and the red suit Spidey on the way from GS. Miles is taking weird circuitous journey to get to me, but that's fine considering these weren't expected til February originally...
garrettlcustoms
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:41 am

Kinda surprised Miles is apparently the difficult find figure of the wave. I was sure JJJ or the new Spidey would be that figure given that we've needed a JK JJJ for a LONG time and Spidey always sells well, especially with how hyped up NWH is. I guess kids on the aisles don't really want a balding, middle aged man so that's fair but I'm surprised Spidey is sticking around and generally easier to find. I mean, I still think that the Integrated Suit is ugly as hell but... it's still Spider-Man. Those usually sell out quicker than most.

Miles does seem to be the best overall figure of the wave though. The all-new sculpt and it being so meticulously sculpted and impressively poseable is a big draw. I can't scroll my Insta without seeing people gushing about him. On top of that, his design just being better looking than the 2 NWH Spideys also probably helps him a lot as well as the big dump of accessories. I paid 33 bucks on Ebay since I knew I wanted him soon but none of the normal sellers like Dorkside or shoot, even Pulse, have him as early as he's hit shelves. After striking out at all my local stores, an extra 12ish bucks to get him ASAP was perfectly acceptable. Mine arrived the other day but I'm out of town. Cannot WAIT to get my mitts on him.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

dcucfan
CROM!

Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:06 am

Found the whole wave at Macy’s of all places, looks like they got a single case. Was tempted to get them all but ended up just grabbing Shriek, Miles, and JJJ. I can see why Miles is in high demand, they nailed him this time.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:11 am

Only one I'm currently missing to complete Armadillo is black and gold Spidey. I've got one shipped to store coming Thu at Best Buy, but also placed an order for him, among other things, from Dorkside, which has actually shipped. I haven't opened Miles or Strange yet, as I'm waiting for B&G. I had opened Shriek, Morlun, and Jameson already, so the torso and arms are assembled for now. So far, I like Jameson, but Morlun and Shriek don't do much for me. I've at least read stories featuring Morlun, his figure is just boring. I didn't read the Carnage story from the '90s with Shriek, but she'll at least get tossed in with him and Demogoblin and Doppleganger. I love JJJ's portraits. But I'm very much looking forward to opening that new Miles. Will probably want multiples of him,
Nik
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:32 am

It's like that scene in Lady and the Tramp where she is outside in the snow looking in a window at a happy family in their warm house while she shivers in misery.

Sorry, I have this wave pre-ordered from Target, which has no release date, so I'm living in envy right now.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:48 am

Thinking about it, it kind of does make sense Miles is popular this wave - the game sold well, and we've only ever had the two teen-buck versions (which weren't easy to get for a while--are they still scarce?) and the spider-verse streetwear Miles before, so a solid, more grown up miles is pretty overdue, and he's definitely got a hook with younger buyers that JJJ and Morlun might now (I love old guys in suits, but I can see why they aren't impulse buys). Just got shipping notice on him from Gamestop, looking forward to checking out this version a lot.

Fun little thing I just now noticed about the black and gold Spidey - if you hold him up to the light, he's got circuitry etced throughout a lot of his costume. It's almost too subtle, but I really like it now that I've noticed it.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:08 am

Miles is the one I'm most excited for since he can pass for a movie version to my eye until he does appear in the live action movies.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:41 pm

Just got Miles from Gamestop and he's a heck of a figure. Just exactly what I'd want from a Miles who's supposed to be more grown-up than the teeny one we've gotten earlier. He's taller than Holland Spidey but smaller than Pizza or Vintage, though not by much. (Also, oof, I have a lot of affection for Pizza Spidey but that buck really shows its age next to this new Miles in terms of how to do a slender hero figure).

He's just a heck of a toy, this one, but it also occurs to me as I'm sitting here with Gamerverse Miles, No Way Home Pete, Pizza (Symbiote) Spidey, Vintage, old Miles, What If Peter, and Silk/Gwen... Is Spider-Man just the perfect action figure character? I mean superheroes are really born to be toys, but I've got all these variations out for comparison and they're just so great as toys. I didn't even think I wanted the integrated suit Spidey but I found myself just posing him off-camera during a half-dozen Zoom meetings yesterday absently, the tactile fun of moving the figure around. I don't think any one character does that as well. Just an observation about how brilliant Ditko and Lee were when they first dreamed him up.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:06 pm

Miles definitely is the star of the wave for me. Got the last of the figures I needed to complete Armadillo. Miles stands out.

Armadillo, on the other hand.. that was anticlimactic. Sculpt wise, he’s nice. Not fond of the bare shoulders showing in front where the armor doesn’t cover. Doesn’t blend into the armor on the arms. Articulation is where he takes a real hit. He can hunch but can’t look up. He can point his toes, but can barely move the ankle up for a lunge. That really limits his range of motion, and it’s very disappointing. I wanted to love him. Now he’ll just get stuck in the back of the display.
garrettlcustoms
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:49 am

Oh ho ho ho ho...

Miles is a fantastic figure. I can see exactly what all the hype was about. Only odd thing are the big hands but that's REALLY minor and nitpicky on my part.

DEFINITELY getting a 2nd for customs purposes.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”