Spider-Man MCU/mixed "OMG IT'S ARMADILLO!!" Wave

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
thekunk2075
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Spider-Man MCU/mixed "OMG IT'S ARMADILLO!!" Wave

Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:51 am

my son at college needed groceries from Walmart so I told him I would send him money after he checked the stacks for the wave on FaceTime. no dice but I still got to pay for groceries
kantboy2
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:43 pm

So people are posting pictures on Reddit that Walmart stores have gotten this wave, the What If? and Eternals waves AT THE SAME TIME. :shock:

Distribution sucks. :lol:
matches
HULK SMASH!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:53 am

My Doctor Strange just shipped from GameStop ... despite my What If T'Challa not shipping yet, even though I preordered it and it's currently in stock. The unpredictability is honestly kind of exciting.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:19 pm

I don't know if anyone has mentioned but the reissue of Vulture is going up at 9am EST October 3rd.

The FFH Spider-Man with Peter head is going up during Walmart's two day collector con, October 7-8.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:22 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:19 pm
I don't know if anyone has mentioned but the reissue of Vulture is going up at 9am EST October 3rd.

The FFH Spider-Man with Peter head is going up during Walmart's two day collector con, October 7-8.
Source?
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:25 pm

Marvelousnews
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:31 pm

I still don't really think I need the new Vulture. If they put Thena up then, instant buy. Vulture is just a redeco. Albeit, there are things I like about it, but he is prob gonna be like 40 bucks. Really worth it? Meh
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:39 pm

e-rock wrote:
I still don't really think I need the new Vulture. If they put Thena up then, instant buy. Vulture is just a redeco. Albeit, there are things I like about it, but he is prob gonna be like 40 bucks. Really worth it? Meh
Yeah, if you don't have the original version it's absolutely worth it, but I prefer the first one more despite inaccuracies. I think it's the only BAF I have that I hunted down piece by piece rather than buying a wave or going through Dorkside's BAF listings, so that kinda cements it more for me.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:49 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:39 pm
e-rock wrote:
Yeah, if you don't have the original version it's absolutely worth it, but I prefer the first one more despite inaccuracies. I think it's the only BAF I have that I hunted down piece by piece rather than buying a wave or going through Dorkside's BAF listings, so that kinda cements it more for me.
I honestly have never looked at my current Vulture and said "this is inaccurate!" or anything. He has always been one of my favorites. Paint on new one looks nice, and I like some of the additions, but with the Eternals wave and exclusives all hitting now, the Spider-Man figures I ordered shipping, now Mobius just shipped... I just don't know if I can justify Vulture at this point.
Blackagar Boltagon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:52 pm

This wave showed up in my little Walmart. I've already got the ones I wanted on a preorder sale, but cool to see this arrive early.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

I also don’t NEED another Vulture, but could probably be talked into it. My problem with the new one is that the colors look like he’s a What If? Vulture; the BAF looks like his clothes are realistic colors.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:54 pm

e-rock wrote: I honestly have never looked at my current Vulture and said "this is inaccurate!" or anything. He has always been one of my favorites. Paint on new one looks nice, and I like some of the additions, but with the Eternals wave and exclusives all hitting now, the Spider-Man figures I ordered shipping, now Mobius just shipped... I just don't know if I can justify Vulture at this point.
Yeah, same here... until I saw the new one. But once I saw the inaccuracies, I still didn't mind it. I really hesitated to build the wings but I'm so glad I did and he is definitely one of my favorites now too.
september_death wrote: I also don’t NEED another Vulture, but could probably be talked into it. My problem with the new one is that the colors look like he’s a What If? Vulture; the BAF looks like his clothes are realistic colors.
That's a good point. I hadn't thought of it that way, but definitely saw the colors on the new one as too vibrant for my taste.

I guess Vulture is the new Thanos, where you can have a perfect version if you get both and mix parts.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Re: Spider-Man MCU/mixed

Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:28 pm

september_death wrote:
I also don’t NEED another Vulture, but could probably be talked into it. My problem with the new one is that the colors look like he’s a What If? Vulture; the BAF looks like his clothes are realistic colors.
yeah that's my issue, he's just way too vibrant... but i like some of the added aspects.. maybe a kit bash could work?
mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:11 pm

I'm just glad I was able to sell my BAF Vulture earlier this year for almost $120. And if you account that I originally got the entire wave at $9 each...I think I made out pretty well on that one.
I purged all my MCU Villains actually, and they paid for a few new waves of figures.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:15 pm

If the new Vulture had the Keaton likeness that got nixed at the last minute I would likely have caved at some future point. As-is, my Vulture has the knockoff, unpainted unmasked head I bought on Ebay on in my display and I don't mind one bit.

This is another figure where I also never noticed the inaccuracies

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”