Spider-Man MCU/mixed "OMG IT'S ARMADILLO!!" Wave

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
anthonywayne
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Spider-Man MCU/mixed "OMG IT'S ARMADILLO!!" Wave

Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:35 pm

Been checking daily, but still no indication of that walmart exclusive Spidey going up for preorder. Tired of this, but as soon as I stop, it will go up and sell out immediately.
MagnusPrimal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:21 am

anthonywayne wrote:Been checking daily, but still no indication of that walmart exclusive Spidey going up for preorder. Tired of this, but as soon as I stop, it will go up and sell out immediately.
Even if you get a preorder in, the odds are pretty good that Walmart will cancel it. Walmart and Target have been terrible in that regard lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KvHulk
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:26 pm

Odds are just as good that you preorder and it ships. Actually, better odds that they ship than gets cancelled.
anthonywayne
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Re: Spider-Man MCU/mixed

Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:28 pm

MagnusPrimal wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:21 am
anthonywayne wrote:Been checking daily, but still no indication of that walmart exclusive Spidey going up for preorder. Tired of this, but as soon as I stop, it will go up and sell out immediately.
Even if you get a preorder in, the odds are pretty good that Walmart will cancel it. Walmart and Target have been terrible in that regard lately.

Haven't had any cancelations from either yet...just delays.
MagnusPrimal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:34 pm

KvHulk wrote:Odds are just as good that you preorder and it ships. Actually, better odds that they ship than gets cancelled.
There is still a very high number of people reporting their orders being canceled on this and other boards. And even if that’s a small subset of the total people ordering, the number is still too large. And I’m sure not every cancellation gets reported on the boards.
Good luck with your order.

Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:08 pm

That Walmart Strange figure is being offered at their collector con event, October 7-8, so maybe the Peter figure and Ajak will show up then as well.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:19 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:08 pm
That Walmart Strange figure is being offered at their collector con event, October 7-8, so maybe the Peter figure and Ajak will show up then as well.
Betting they do
Rawr993
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:41 am

To me this sadly confirms that the legends version we will be getting is based on concept art. I’m glad i know this before hand so i can skip this figure completely, i’m sure hasbro will redo the figure down the line.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:52 pm

I may also be skipping the gold figure then.
azog
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:57 pm

At this point, I’d be cool just waiting 6 to 12 months after the movie releases for an accurate wave of figures. I feel for hasbro, this crap sucks
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:11 pm

azog wrote:At this point, I’d be cool just waiting 6 to 12 months after the movie releases for an accurate wave of figures. I feel for hasbro, this crap sucks
This has been my attitude as well. I’m not sure what Hasbro’s mandated by Disney, but I feel like their cheaper kids 5” and titan lines should fill the need to where a collector product can wait to be done accurately the first time. It’s not like they couldn’t put out a Spidey wave to time with the movie (not that Legends ever last long by me).

The black/gold figure does come with a BAF piece; I wouldn’t rush to cancel him if you want Armadillo.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:23 pm

I am an MCU figures only collector, so missing out on an Armadillo piece wouldn't effect me
mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:52 pm

Because overall the suit will be a short-lived part of one movie I'm fine with the figure as is. Also, I like the splash of red on the gloves. Ultimately this will be one more background Spidey in a Spider-verse display, so I'm not too concerned with small details.
I'm more concerned that I realized I don't have an MCU Spidey for the Endgame/Overall MCU setup. If I use Iron Spidey there I only have the Thanos wave version and then I have no MCU Iron Spider for Spider-verse. Hopefully I can grab the WM upgrade suit figure, and then I can put the Molten Man wave figure in general MCU. Ahhh, #firstworldproblems

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:11 pm

I'm another who would rather wait for an accurate figure. Lines like the Infinity Saga have taught me even more patience. That said, I actually wasn't going to get any version of that figure anyway, heh.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:15 pm

I would not be against waiting, but let's be real, Hasbro ain't going to change this anytime soon. Either them or Marvel/ Disney will always want product on the shelf when the movie is looming.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”