Spider-Man MCU/mixed "OMG IT'S ARMADILLO!!" Wave

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Spider-Man MCU/mixed Wave – October 2021

Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:43 pm

september_death wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:40 pm
Ru_1977 wrote:To go deeper into my point, and this plays ONLY on things shown in trailers that have been out for at least a week or more.
Spoiler! :
we already know What If has a sorcerer Spiderman, and now rumors of what if characters showing up in MOM.

Again, I really suspect what if ties into the main MCU a lot tighter than everyone originally believed.
Wasn’t meaning to call it out, just didn’t know and anything “Loki” outside on an expected thread is a gamble today. But this is a great point. Everyone is so focused on potential for Tobey and Andrew Garfield that no one is talking about multiple Tom Holland’s post LokiVerse exploding in episode 5.
No worries, didn't mean any snark, and honestly don't want anyone to worry about me ruining something!
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:55 pm

To a larger point on the common complaints about the MCU Spider-Man, I wonder if it’s because the ideological question of Civil War was completely abandoned. And as far we know, the Sokovia Accords still stand. Peter never had to wrestle with the outcomes of the act, so he never abandoned Tony. And now after Endgame, Peter turning against Tony’s legacy would probably turn a lot of RDJ/MCU fans off.

I really like the MCU Spider-Man. I wholeheartedly think Tom is the best actor to play the role. My issues are insisting on putting him back in high school (two movies was enough, but even then him going into college is still really young, and I think that the emotional weight of him and MJ is a drag on the Raimi movies when you remember they’re both under 21 the whole time) and the reliance on Stark. I get the Stark connection so far, but I would love to see them separate him. I’m guessing it’s a combination of them not being sure how to make him the epicenter of the MCU when they don’t own the character and so many other characters are more powerful. Plus keeping the Stark hooks in him make it hard for Sony to cleanly pull him back solely under their roof .
VeganDiet
HULK SMASH!

Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:18 pm

september_death wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:40 pm
Ru_1977 wrote:To go deeper into my point, and this plays ONLY on things shown in trailers that have been out for at least a week or more.
Spoiler! :
we already know What If has a sorcerer Spiderman, and now rumors of what if characters showing up in MOM.

Again, I really suspect what if ties into the main MCU a lot tighter than everyone originally believed.
Wasn’t meaning to call it out, just didn’t know and anything “Loki” outside on an expected thread is a gamble today. But this is a great point. Everyone is so focused on potential for Tobey and Andrew Garfield that no one is talking about multiple Tom Holland’s post LokiVerse exploding in episode 5.
God, multiple Tom Hollands running around is just exactly my nightmare
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:20 pm

What if one of them has a black suit and does a dance number?
VeganDiet
HULK SMASH!

Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:25 pm

Well then now we're talking
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:05 pm

VeganDiet wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:25 pm
Well then now we're talking
LOL!
garrettlcustoms
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:07 pm

Now it's not a movie, NAY, now it is cinema.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Dorlando_calrissian
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:39 pm

Are there any other theories/rumors/leaks as to what the comic figures for this wave are?
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Spider-Man MCU/mixed Wave – October 2021

Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:03 pm

PS4 Miles and some armored Spidey I think. GameStop selling the translucent blue new mold seems to indicate a black and red one for main line. Hopefully it comes with the knit cap, scarf, and Spider-Cat in a backpack.

I could be Mis -remembering armored Spidey. I think leanings were to the silver armored look. I think that sounds about right. The integrated look is pretty much Iron Spider 2.0 for MCU. I’m calling it Mystic armor. Magic will be involved per all the images shown.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Collector4612
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:34 pm

I had heard someone elsewhere say that Shriek is apparently rumored for the comic spot on in the wave, but I think a lot of the speculation at the moment is just that until we get leaked pics or an official confirmation.

After yesterday's Vulture re-deco reveal, I'm wondering how that will impact what other figures we get surrounding this movie. Given the existence of this wave, and the widely available pictures of the first 4 MCU figures, I'm not entirely buying the notion that the team doesn't know anything about who is in the film, and Vulture seems like such an odd one to redo on a whim like that. I know they made a point to indicate he's branded as Homecoming, but that feels like a CYA more than anything else.
garrettlcustoms
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:01 am

Collector4612 wrote:I had heard someone elsewhere say that Shriek is apparently rumored for the comic spot on in the wave, but I think a lot of the speculation at the moment is just that until we get leaked pics or an official confirmation.

After yesterday's Vulture re-deco reveal, I'm wondering how that will impact what other figures we get surrounding this movie. Given the existence of this wave, and the widely available pictures of the first 4 MCU figures, I'm not entirely buying the notion that the team doesn't know anything about who is in the film, and Vulture seems like such an odd one to redo on a whim like that. I know they made a point to indicate he's branded as Homecoming, but that feels like a CYA more than anything else.
They did the same blatant clarification just before revealing a Silver Surfer for Galactus...

However Vulture isn't one of the Sinister Six as rumored to appear, he has been on occasion mentioned but he's not one of the usual suspects. They may just be trying to get MCU Spidey product on the shelf until Sony/Disney let them go crazy and do all the stuff we and they really want.

spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:29 pm

Collector4612 wrote:I had heard someone elsewhere say that Shriek is apparently rumored for the comic spot on in the wave, but I think a lot of the speculation at the moment is just that until we get leaked pics or an official confirmation.

Just a heads up... the people saying Shriek is the comic figure in the wave, are the same people who've litterally been correct on every single leak this year...

Tigra, Hercules, AoA, Marvel Studios, Ironman, and many more

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Dorlando_calrissian
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:14 pm

spideyboy1111 wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:29 pm

Just a heads up... the people saying Shriek is the comic figure in the wave, are the same people who've litterally been correct on every single leak this year...

Tigra, Hercules, AoA, Marvel Studios, Ironman, and many more

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Just went back and found the original leak on Reddit from two months ago that correctly predicted all the movie figs that have been revealed. They list the two comic figures as shriek and…..
Morlun.
That’s exciting
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:18 pm

Morlun is a cool one. I keep forgetting how many huge stories they've given him since The Other.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:38 pm

garrettlcustoms wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:07 pm
Now it's not a movie, NAY, now it is cinema.

That's all Scorsese wanted out of these films.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”