Marvel Legends Red Guardian and Iron Maiden (MCU) 2-pack announced

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
orpheus
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Marvel Legends Red Guardian and Iron Maiden (MCU) 2-pack announced

Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:37 am

I like this Melina body better than the white deluxe BW, so I switched heads and put the wristbands on it. it looks great and stands more vertically, whereas the deluxe widow has a slightly wider stance. i also like that the shoulder pads are slightly different white in color.
Rawr993
Customized

Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:05 am

Apparently I should get my figures sometime next month ^_^ i just really wished they would have included accurate alternative heads for Natasha’s figures, she’s now the only figure that’s inaccurate & it’s her film.

Would people be interested in a 2-pack army builder of the new widows? Maybe Yelena in her black costume with alternative heads and a darker skin tone widow with alternative heads? We’ve already got widow sting effects, pistols we’d just need those snipers they’re using in the trailers & clips and some
new batons

I don’t get why hasbro isn’t using the batons from the basic infinity war figure, they’re better than any batons for bw in legends.
maczero
Avengers Assemble

Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:48 pm

Rawr993 wrote:
Would people be interested in a 2-pack army builder of the new widows?
I would. In fact, I've been planning to kitbash several "bad widows" using female figures from different lines.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:13 pm

Rawr993 wrote:
Apparently I should get my figures sometime next month ^_^ i just really wished they would have included accurate alternative heads for Natasha’s figures, she’s now the only figure that’s inaccurate & it’s her film.

Would people be interested in a 2-pack army builder of the new widows? Maybe Yelena in her black costume with alternative heads and a darker skin tone widow with alternative heads? We’ve already got widow sting effects, pistols we’d just need those snipers they’re using in the trailers & clips and some
new batons

I don’t get why hasbro isn’t using the batons from the basic infinity war figure, they’re better than any batons for bw in legends.
I'll buy anything Black Widow movie related.
Rawr993
Customized

Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:38 am

2-pack with two alternative heads each
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:56 am

They REALLY need to keep up on what they did with the Dora Milaje and do the army-builder-with-multiple-heads thing more. Now that they've done that Iron Man Mark 85 with the neck, it will really help with figures like this that have different skin tones too. Maybe as a deluxe release, otherwise probably in an Anniversary-type line sometime.
Slixta wrote:
This has nothing to do with Black Widow, and I am not one who traditionally pays attention to this stuff, but I saw yesterday was Kat Denning's birthday and thought of you. I also was thinking about the guys who campaigned hard for a figure of Jek Porkins until they finally did one, then they campaigned hard for a Wilrow Hood figure.... and got one. I suspect if they can do it, you could too. Especially for someone with far more screentime and presence, who also was a notable part of a popular show that came out this year.
JoshuaKat
Avengers Assemble

Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:52 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:56 am
They REALLY need to keep up on what they did with the Dora Milaje and do the army-builder-with-multiple-heads thing more. Now that they've done that Iron Man Mark 85 with the neck, it will really help with figures like this that have different skin tones too. Maybe as a deluxe release, otherwise probably in an Anniversary-type line sometime.
Slixta wrote:
This has nothing to do with Black Widow, and I am not one who traditionally pays attention to this stuff, but I saw yesterday was Kat Denning's birthday and thought of you. I also was thinking about the guys who campaigned hard for a figure of Jek Porkins until they finally did one, then they campaigned hard for a Wilrow Hood figure.... and got one. I suspect if they can do it, you could too. Especially for someone with far more screentime and presence, who also was a notable part of a popular show that came out this year.
I completely agree, the new neck tech really can change the game for army builders. And this Widow squad is starting to be featured more and more as the promotion continues. The possibilities for MCU army builders are endless.

Darcy went from being an unlikely dream figure to a I expect her Jimmy Woo 2 pack to pop up any day now kinda figure lol. Although with Agatha missing who knows where Hasbro is at.

You have a good point about keeping our voices heard. It sounds like Star Wars has some good examples of that. It took us a very long time to get Quicksilver and Whiplash is still MIA both of which have had huge demand, so I'm on the fence as to rather Hasbro "hears" us at times but it's still definitely worth making your voice heard.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:14 pm

Our voices I think are being heard to some extent. If they keep these anniversary lines coming and keep getting us the make-up figures, then they are at least somewhat paying attention. I do wish they would listen to my cries for more new characters though lol
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:51 pm

e-rock wrote:Our voices I think are being heard to some extent. If they keep these anniversary lines coming and keep getting us the make-up figures, then they are at least somewhat paying attention. I do wish they would listen to my cries for more new characters though lol
Its always going to be about 50/50

I think we're getting a massive amount of new mcu figures this year.

- Odin
- Sutur
- Obadiah stane
- Iron monger
- happy Hogan
- quicksilver

Plus new or fan wanted versions of other characters or much needed redos
- Thor
- captain marvel
- mark III ironman
- infinkty war cap

Couple that with the Disney+ figures, shangchi, and inhumans and we may have more "new" characters this year than ever

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

scottwerdal
HULK SMASH!

Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:25 pm

It really is a great time to be an MCU Legends collector…if your wallet can take the heat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:28 pm

spideyboy1111 wrote:
e-rock wrote:Our voices I think are being heard to some extent. If they keep these anniversary lines coming and keep getting us the make-up figures, then they are at least somewhat paying attention. I do wish they would listen to my cries for more new characters though lol

- Odin
- Sutur
- Obadiah stane
- Iron monger
- happy Hogan
- quicksilver

- Thor
- captain marvel
- mark III ironman
- infinkty war cap

Couple that with the Disney+ figures, shangchi, and inhumans and we may have more "new" characters this year than ever

By more new, I am referring to the make-up lines only. Not factoring in the new movies. By default, those should be offering us new characters.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:55 pm

e-rock wrote:
spideyboy1111 wrote:

- Odin
- Sutur
- Obadiah stane
- Iron monger
- happy Hogan
- quicksilver

- Thor
- captain marvel
- mark III ironman
- infinkty war cap

By more new, I am referring to the make-up lines only. Not factoring in the new movies. By default, those should be offering us new characters.
I mean, even then, we're still getting about half the wave as new.

And they went all out the sculpts for iron monger and sutur , they alone had to of been pretty expensive for them to make. Thats why we get the A listers, and retools. Because they help fund those kind of ventures.

e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:02 pm

spideyboy1111 wrote:
e-rock wrote:
spideyboy1111 wrote:

- Odin
- Sutur
- Obadiah stane
- Iron monger
- happy Hogan
- quicksilver

- Thor
- captain marvel
- mark III ironman
- infinkty war cap

And they went all out the sculpts for iron monger and sutur , they alone had to of been pretty expensive for them to make. Thats why we get the A listers, and retools. Because they help fund those kind of ventures.

I get all that. But some of their reuse selection here is fairly lackluster IMO. Rescue is completely unnecessary and could have gone to someone else easily. Same for the crappy Iron Man they opted to pair with Happy. I am not saying no reuse or 2nd attempts. But I do wish the choices of those also went to sexier choices.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:05 pm

e-rock wrote:
spideyboy1111 wrote:
e-rock wrote:

I get all that. But some of their reuse selection here is fairly lackluster IMO. Rescue is completely unnecessary and could have gone to someone else easily. Same for the crappy Iron Man they opted to pair with Happy. I am not saying no reuse or 2nd attempts. But I do wish the choices of those also went to sexier choices.
Its just all about budget. Thats exactly why we got those. Doing someone new instead, is spending more not less, it sucks, but it is what it is

MollyMillions
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:10 pm

I would like a new Yelena.

I picked her up last year and she's a fun figure for my purposes.

Now that I have Red Guardian (skipped first one) and Melina, it just makes it apparent how wrongly proportioned the first Yelena is. With Widow and Melina sharing the same thick buck, Yelena is so skinny and tall in comparison. She should have also been on that Widow body, as it's more Pugh's figure.

I'm a picky head swapper and the skin tones don't match, so I'd rather Hasbro just correct this as they always do.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”