Marvel Legends Red Guardian and Iron Maiden (MCU) 2-pack announced

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
MARVEL KNIGHT 2099
Such a cute little cheerleader
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Marvel Legends Red Guardian and Iron Maiden (MCU) 2-pack announced

Thu May 13, 2021 6:32 pm

Yup, just paid for it myself. Looks like 4th quarter meant late Spring.
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 13, 2021 7:51 pm

And it’s actually up in stock for anyone who wants it just ordered one myself
NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours

Thu May 13, 2021 8:09 pm

Frick. I JUST shipped my PoL like an hour ago! I'd have thrown this in there. My POs are with Pulse, so who knows if they'll get them in this early or stick with the August ship date.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 13, 2021 8:26 pm

That's crazy. Wasn't it supposed to ship after summer? I had counted on seeing the movie before having to decide on this set, but oh well.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 13, 2021 8:33 pm

I am fine with waiting for my Amazon preorder
franky4fingers
Supports Digits

Fri May 14, 2021 1:45 am

Man, bit earlier than expected. I won't complain though
MARVEL KNIGHT 2099

Sun May 16, 2021 4:17 pm

Just got the set in. Didn't think it'd be delivered until at least tomorrow.

Melina's pretty nice. Good headsculpt, passable articulation given the female body setbacks. The white of the suit does make some parts of it look a bit blobby like her boots but otherwise a good figure. Also the pistols in her holsters can come out normally. Kinda surprised none of the promo pics showed her holding them. Comes with trigger hands with the vertical wrist joint, gripping hands with vertical wrist joints and fists. And that grappling hook and her batons which can store on her back. So she can hold all her weapons on her.

Red Guardian's the obvious draw and came out great. Never handled the Crimson Dynamo wave release so this is my first time with the mold but I love how chunky he is. Barbell neck joint means he has great range and expression. Smooth joints from head to toe, including a vertical joint for his left gripping hand. Alternate head looks great though some of the flesh-colored plastic does slightly bleed out from the edges of his beard on mine. Not in-your-face, but notable when you look at it closely. Also love the little action figure he comes with. It can even stand up on its own. Only thing I wish is that his open hands were also gloved hands to go with what he has. They're great options but look out of place being bare and all.
franky4fingers
Supports Digits

Sun May 16, 2021 9:41 pm

Looking forward to popping them out
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 17, 2021 3:21 pm

I was down on this set until I saw the David Harbour head sculpts. Haven't ordered yet but I have no doubt this will eventually be mine. I really don't want the Melina since I already have white Widow, but meh, guess I have little choice.

Anyone know if retail will get this set? I know Amazon has it, but will Target and Walmart get it? If so I may wait because it seems destined for clearance.
MARVEL KNIGHT 2099

Mon May 17, 2021 3:38 pm

Alexei's a lot more fun than he has a right to be even if his hand options are limited.
heinousjoe
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 17, 2021 4:56 pm

The extra set of hands not being gloved is bizarre. Is there a reason?
MCUCompletionist
Runs Around in Tights

Mon May 17, 2021 5:02 pm

He probably takes them off in the film at some point, I dont think they're reused so they were made that way for a reason at least
JoshuaKat
Avengers Assemble

Tue May 18, 2021 12:49 am

I find it odd that they would update Red Guardian to look more film accurate but not Widow, the lead of the film. And it seems there's quite a bit of demand for an updated head. So it got me thinking...
Spoiler! :
If Melina does become Iron Maiden in the film what if there has always been a 2 pack scheduled to drop after film's release with Iron Maiden to avoid spoilers. What if they just took her unmasked head and popped it on white Widow and packed her with the updated Guardian that was originally planned to come with Iron Maiden? This could mean Iron Maiden gets packed in with an updated Widow for an after film release. It would explain why they've not mentioned a screen accurate Nat head. It would suck for those that want a "ponytail" Yelena but I suspect she'll get more figures in the future. Although they could still throw her head in there too. We would have plenty of Widow bodies to put her on by that point
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 18, 2021 12:56 am

Sorry, not reading anything spoilery so apologies if this is the same idea: I still think they're going to drop a Natasha two-pack with either Taskmaster or Yelena for when the movie releases and they are keeping it under wraps for spoilers or in hopes to sell-through the rest of their Yelenas. I'm still holding out for one that doesn't look so gangly and has better hair.

We know how much Marvel/Disney likes to dictate and time merchandise reveals, so I'm thinking this is caught up in that. Makes zero sense to not get Nat back on store shelves - especially when they can correct her to make fans happy.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 18, 2021 12:57 am

JoshuaKat wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 12:49 am
I find it odd that they would update Red Guardian to look more film accurate but not Widow, the lead of the film. And it seems there's quite a bit of demand for an updated head. So it got me thinking...
Spoiler! :
If Melina does become Iron Maiden in the film what if there has always been a 2 pack scheduled to drop after film's release with Iron Maiden to avoid spoilers. What if they just took her unmasked head and popped it on white Widow and packed her with the updated Guardian that was originally planned to come with Iron Maiden? This could mean Iron Maiden gets packed in with an updated Widow for an after film release. It would explain why they've not mentioned a screen accurate Nat head. It would suck for those that want a "ponytail" Yelena but I suspect she'll get more figures in the future. Although they could still throw her head in there too. We would have plenty of Widow bodies to put her on by that point
I don't know if this is spoiler stuff, but I'd rather not hear it from people who think so:
Spoiler! :
I used to wonder if they'd do a figure like the Star Force Captain Marvel with a couple of heads to make different characters. Depending on the body, you could have a Melina, Natasha, and Yelena in there. And that wouldn't be the worse thing if, say, the Yelena head also fits on the figure released last year.

But really, I wouldn't be surprised between things like that Carol, the Dora Milaje, and the Endgame Hawkeye/Widow/Nebula/Iron Man/Scott set. If nothing else, now that they're doing the lower neck joint (like the Endgame Iron Man in the Infinity Saga line), you could release one figure from the Red Room with three heads, totally different ethnicities, as an army builder as well, and no need to have a high turtle neck, heh.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”