2021 Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Premium Line (Summer/Fall '21)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: 2021 Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Premium Line (Summer/Fall '21)

Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:14 pm

maczero wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:19 pm
yojoebro82 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:02 pm
I got my Happy Hogan and Iron Man Mark LAZREPNT for the half off price. That 75% off price would be nice but I'm all but certain there are no more in my area.

The pegs are pretty much wiped clean of all Marvel Legends at my stores. Walmart always looks like a store that's going out of business and now the same can be said for Target. As far as the Infinity line goes, I've seen zero restocks. It's been one and done cases of every character so far. Not impressive distribution so far, but I guess that's the way the hobby is now.
I assumed the reason for clearancing out of some of the Infinity Saga line was to make way for new product. I'm guessing the Eternals and possibly the No Way Home wave.
I could understand that, except the Infinity line IS new product. It JUST hit. Happy went to clearance almost immediately.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:37 pm

Rogers4PM wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:26 am
Found Cap on the pegs at a Walmart in Canada this afternoon Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where are ya?
maczero
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:56 pm

yojoebro82 wrote:
maczero wrote:
yojoebro82 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:02 pm
I got my Happy Hogan and Iron Man Mark LAZREPNT for the half off price. That 75% off price would be nice but I'm all but certain there are no more in my area.

The pegs are pretty much wiped clean of all Marvel Legends at my stores. Walmart always looks like a store that's going out of business and now the same can be said for Target. As far as the Infinity line goes, I've seen zero restocks. It's been one and done cases of every character so far. Not impressive distribution so far, but I guess that's the way the hobby is now.
I assumed the reason for clearancing out of some of the Infinity Saga line was to make way for new product. I'm guessing the Eternals and possibly the No Way Home wave.
I could understand that, except the Infinity line IS new product. It JUST hit. Happy went to clearance almost immediately.
It seems weird to me too but I've seen it happen before. I'm guessing new movie product tends to take precedence over other stuff. Although, I find it funny that several stores just put up Infinity Saga endcaps but don't have any Infinity Saga merchandise on them. So far I've only seen lego sets and Shang-Chi role play toys on display under the Infinity Saga banner.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:01 pm

Same. Went looking for a Happy yesterday and found nothing but empty shelves with new signage at multiple Targets. Utter ridiculousness.

Also - the Eternals reference Thanos in the trailer - it's not like these characters are irrelevant! So, so stupid.
SYNNER
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:17 pm

Nik wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:51 pm
SYNNER wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:01 pm
NORM wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:33 pm
I got a couple packs of the ML trading cards along with two figures (one pack per figure). The cards are ok, but they're not ALL villains in the sets. It's 4 cards per pack, and the first set had Crimson Dynamo, Ironheart, and Captain America, while the second set had Iron Man, Iron Monger, and.. I forget who. There was also a second foil card of Cap and Monger in their respective sets. I don't know if the cards are available to buy in packs on their own, but they seem to be GameStop exclusive. I'd buy more if they were available without purchasing a figure. I have most of what GameStop has in stock anyway.
False advertising all around. I am intrigued to see what they look like. Maybe they can pass for 1/12 scale posters or something. I've got 3 of the NECA street display dios and they look a little bland.
I bought an actual pack of those cards from gamestop, not the 4 pack but a full pack. They are boo-boo. I started completing my 90s Impel Marvel and DC card sets this past year or so, and these new cards are like garbage in comparison. They are printed on brown cardboard and the backs are untreated and unpainted, so they look like baseball cards from the 70s and 80s, in other words, bootsee. Their pack-in cards that are supposed to be desirable are printed on both sides, but even those have awfully bland art and design. The whole shebang seems lazy and bland. I would not recommend them for anything other than a curiosity.
I don't know if I got the same ones that you guys got... First time off, the ones I received are all villains. They're made by Upper Deck and are quality material. The artwork looks like it's pulled from the comics. The back of the cards have a listing of all the cards in the series. Here's what is listed:

Xemnu
Dormammu
The Hood
Lady Deathstrike
Arcade
Red Skull
AIM Scientist Supreme
Abomination
Mephisto
Blackheart
Terrax
Kang
Baron Zero
Leader
Thanos

While I think it might be too early to revisit Leader, Thanos, Abomination, and Kang. The inclusion of Mephisto, Blackheart, Terrax, and Baron Zero is interesting.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:17 am

maczero wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:56 pm
yojoebro82 wrote:
maczero wrote:

It seems weird to me too but I've seen it happen before. I'm guessing new movie product tends to take precedence over other stuff. Although, I find it funny that several stores just put up Infinity Saga endcaps but don't have any Infinity Saga merchandise on them. So far I've only seen lego sets and Shang-Chi role play toys on display under the Infinity Saga banner.
Time, money, and manpower put into an Infinity end cap complete with new graphics........ decided not to order product to go with it. Baffling.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:33 pm

I'm gonna be honest - seeing my Walmart pre-order sit delayed while I hear about and see on Instagram stores that are overflowing with IW Caps on the pegs is pissing me right the [email protected]#$ off.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:47 pm

I haven't been able to go to a Walmart or Target recently to look for figures. Been way too busy. But yeah, if the IW Cap is in stores and just not shipping, that is crap. Hopefully they start shipping them soon.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:48 pm

Walmart is incredibly efficient at being awful.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:49 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:48 pm
Walmart is incredibly efficient at being awful.
True story
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:58 pm

Is Brickseek working for anyone on Cap? Here's a link, but for my area it only returns one store saying it's out of stock. Seems like it's working though, I tried a few zip codes from large cities and got results back saying multiple stores had 6+ in stock.

They're clearly mis-managing the pre-orders already, so if I find it locally I'm cancelling mine.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory ... =544222991
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:00 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:58 pm
Is Brickseek working for anyone on Cap? Here's a link, but for my area it only returns one store saying it's out of stock.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory ... =544222991
Well what do ya know? There is a Walmart on here listed as in stock that I could go to today. Maybe I will, lol.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:01 pm

e-rock wrote:
Well what do ya know? There is a Walmart on here listed as in stock that I could go to today. Maybe I will, lol.

Is it showing 6+ in stock? I haven't seen any stores yet showing less than that, making me wonder if they're holding onto them at all stores for a reset.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:04 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:01 pm
e-rock wrote:

Is it showing 6+ in stock? I haven't seen any stores yet showing less than that, making me wonder if they're holding onto them at all stores for a reset.
It does. You are probably right that it is prob in the backroom for a reset. I could check though later. That Walmart is on the way home.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

2021 Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Premium Line (Summer/Fall '21)

Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:47 pm

Hit up my local WM this morning. Grabbed the Armadillo wave. And saw this huge amount of IW Cap. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that many of a WM exclusive before. Image

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”