2021 Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Premium Line (Summer/Fall '21)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: 2021 Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Premium Line (Summer/Fall '21)

Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:21 pm

Comedian wrote:I thought at one point there was a “MCU” picture thread. I don’t see it. Does anyone know where it went? Thanks.
My shelves finally arrived and now I’m just waiting on my “pile of loot” to show and I’m ready to show of my MCU collection.

Here’s a sneak peak.
Image2C198D6A-DD94-4D95-A5E0-C9BD86F04F60 by Comedian Horseman, on Flickr
I don’t remember it, but I’m guessing no it got lost in the blip and was never restarted.
SYNNER
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:36 pm

Has anyone gotten orders filled by GameStop that came with the "Marvel Legends Series Villains Trading Card Exclusive Series" yet? I am curious as to what they are. They were thrown in with my order for free.

Maybe they provide some hints as to some upcoming figures?
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:56 pm

SYNNER wrote:

Ryan Ting said there are no hints in them, and that their team doesn't even know when or what order Gamestop will release the cards that they worked on. He also wasn't clear on who determined which characters go into the cards, i.e. a Hasbro person or a Marvel person. I would guess the character selection was determined by someone at Marvel, but I haven't heard any specific information as to who actually did it.
SYNNER
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:07 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:56 pm
SYNNER wrote:

Ryan Ting said there are no hints in them, and that their team doesn't even know when or what order Gamestop will release the cards that they worked on. He also wasn't clear on who determined which characters go into the cards, i.e. a Hasbro person or a Marvel person. I would guess the character selection was determined by someone at Marvel, but I haven't heard any specific information as to who actually did it.
Well, that's lame. That would be a really cool way to find out about upcoming figures.
NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours

Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:33 pm

I got a couple packs of the ML trading cards along with two figures (one pack per figure). The cards are ok, but they're not ALL villains in the sets. It's 4 cards per pack, and the first set had Crimson Dynamo, Ironheart, and Captain America, while the second set had Iron Man, Iron Monger, and.. I forget who. There was also a second foil card of Cap and Monger in their respective sets. I don't know if the cards are available to buy in packs on their own, but they seem to be GameStop exclusive. I'd buy more if they were available without purchasing a figure. I have most of what GameStop has in stock anyway.
SYNNER
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:01 pm

NORM wrote:
I got a couple packs of the ML trading cards along with two figures (one pack per figure). The cards are ok, but they're not ALL villains in the sets. It's 4 cards per pack, and the first set had Crimson Dynamo, Ironheart, and Captain America, while the second set had Iron Man, Iron Monger, and.. I forget who. There was also a second foil card of Cap and Monger in their respective sets. I don't know if the cards are available to buy in packs on their own, but they seem to be GameStop exclusive. I'd buy more if they were available without purchasing a figure. I have most of what GameStop has in stock anyway.
False advertising all around. I am intrigued to see what they look like. Maybe they can pass for 1/12 scale posters or something. I've got 3 of the NECA street display dios and they look a little bland.
dillonpressley
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:32 am

Well.Image

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Rogers4PM
Super Poseable

Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:26 am

Found Cap on the pegs at a Walmart in Canada this afternoon Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rishi_Eel
Super Poseable

Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:52 am

Amazon finally shipped my Surtur preorder, so except for Walmart Cap, I've got the full set!

Thor: Is easily my favorite, amazing sculpt and plenty of accessories. Only thing I'm missing is a head with pupils and I don't really like the blue Mjolnir.

Odin: Great sculpt, nicely painted and a long overdue character. Only gripe is that it makes me want more Thor movie figures!

Captain Marvel: Exact same sculpt as the original figure, but the paint is nice and the likeness is excellent.
Rescue: Complete reuse again, but I like the darker color more. The Pepper heads are decent, but not quite perfect.

Mark 85: Good figure, but with some problems. The heads are comically oversized, which is a pity due to the fantastic likeness. The shield is completely inaccurate, and needed a while new sculpt. And, I am not really a fan of the brigh red, the initial release looks way better to me. Still nice to have though!
Thanos: Some much needed improvements to the baf, the rocker ankles do so much. The lack of a gauntlet-less arm is once again annoying, but at least it can be swapped with the baf easily.

Obadiah: Suit body. Enough said. Likeness is great though, and I love the arc reactor!
Iron Monger: Massive figure, crazy fun. The sculpt is great, and it is super substantial feeling. No complaints really, top quality figure.

Midas: Mark 7 repaint, not too interested in hall of armor, but the Mark VII is a great figure, so it's a good choice for a repaint.
Happy: Love that we got him finally, and the likeness is great. The knees look really strange when bent though. Also we need a glasses/goatee head for FFH!

Quicksilver: Sculpt is very nice, but the likeness isn't the best. The hair paint is horrible though, I don't know what they were thinking. The two finger point is also odd, does he ever actually do that? The Ultron parts just make me sad we haven't got a drone figure yet.

Mark III: Very nice sculpt and accessories, glad we finally have a decent representation of this Armor. It's a pity the Mark I didn't get this treatment a few years ago. I'd love all the original armors updated to match the quality of 3 and 7. There are some issues with the shoulder joints, but otherwise a great addition!

Overall I think this is a great series of figures! Can't wait to get the last two. It's a good combination of redone/corrected figures and new overlooked characters. Of course there are still a few glaring omissions left over. (Wong/Ancient One Two pack? Chitauri, Outrider, Ultron Drone?) Hopefully the line continues, because there a plenty more figures I'd love to see made. Favorite so far is definitely Thor, followed by Iron Monger. Least favorite is the pretty forgettable Midas.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:08 pm

Captain Marvel isn't the exact same sculpt. She has a new torso.
Nik
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:51 pm

SYNNER wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:01 pm
NORM wrote:
False advertising all around. I am intrigued to see what they look like. Maybe they can pass for 1/12 scale posters or something. I've got 3 of the NECA street display dios and they look a little bland.
I bought an actual pack of those cards from gamestop, not the 4 pack but a full pack. They are boo-boo. I started completing my 90s Impel Marvel and DC card sets this past year or so, and these new cards are like garbage in comparison. They are printed on brown cardboard and the backs are untreated and unpainted, so they look like baseball cards from the 70s and 80s, in other words, bootsee. Their pack-in cards that are supposed to be desirable are printed on both sides, but even those have awfully bland art and design. The whole shebang seems lazy and bland. I would not recommend them for anything other than a curiosity.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:51 am

Got my Surtur today from Pulse. I really dig the sculpt, but he's got that weird tacky feel to him that tells me I'm gonna have to be careful storing him. I wasn't sure I should get him but figured he'd be awesome to photograph and stand in for a comics version, which I think he'll do great, but the tackiness of his plastic is throwing me off. Only regret from this line for me, otherwise I've loved everything so far. Just waiting on Cap from Walmart, of course.
rocketsfan713
HULK SMASH!

Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:11 am

Infinity war cap has been found at Walmart in Cali, hopefully they ship preorders soon
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:02 pm

I got my Happy Hogan and Iron Man Mark LAZREPNT for the half off price. That 75% off price would be nice but I'm all but certain there are no more in my area.

The pegs are pretty much wiped clean of all Marvel Legends at my stores. Walmart always looks like a store that's going out of business and now the same can be said for Target. As far as the Infinity line goes, I've seen zero restocks. It's been one and done cases of every character so far. Not impressive distribution so far, but I guess that's the way the hobby is now.
maczero
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:19 pm

yojoebro82 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:02 pm
I got my Happy Hogan and Iron Man Mark LAZREPNT for the half off price. That 75% off price would be nice but I'm all but certain there are no more in my area.

The pegs are pretty much wiped clean of all Marvel Legends at my stores. Walmart always looks like a store that's going out of business and now the same can be said for Target. As far as the Infinity line goes, I've seen zero restocks. It's been one and done cases of every character so far. Not impressive distribution so far, but I guess that's the way the hobby is now.
I assumed the reason for clearancing out of some of the Infinity Saga line was to make way for new product. I'm guessing the Eternals and possibly the No Way Home wave.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”