2021 Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Premium Line (Summer/Fall '21)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Garden State
Posts: 39621
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2003 6:25 pm

Re: 2021 Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Premium Line (Summer/Fall '21)

Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:15 pm

I grabbed the international Endgame Widow rerelease off BBTS and it came with a standard armored right Thanos BAF arm, which I swapped onto the final battle Thanos. Even though it's not wearing the nano-gauntlet, it still has undamaged shoulder armor while the battle figure has damaged armor on the torso and both shoulders. I'm thinking of maybe just doing the swap at the elbow, but I didn't have a heat source at the time of the swap. It IS cool that he has rocker ankles now, but I honestly just want a consistent and accurate Thanos that isn't moment specific.
User avatar
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3553
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:23 am

Re: 2021 Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Premium Line (Summer/Fall '21)

Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:18 pm

That's what keeps me from doing it too. I would want to switch out the upper left arm as well so he is fully armored, but the left (non infinity) gauntlet is all worn and cracked. Not a huge issue but still, to put so much work and money I to something and still have to settle isn't worth it to me. I can't imagine this is the last Thanos either.
joshsquash729
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 864
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:40 am

Re: 2021 Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Premium Line (Summer/Fall '21)

Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:43 pm

Got charged for Surtur from Pulse this morning, so hopefully he's shipping out soon. I'm ready to be pretty much done with Pulse. :lol:
User avatar
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: FwooshTeam Ladies Man.
Posts: 10087
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:42 am

Re: 2021 Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Premium Line (Summer/Fall '21)

Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:21 pm

Anyone have any advice on how to loosen up the Mk 3 arms at the shoulders? The ratchet was not moving and the arms were just twisting the plastic. Tried putting it in the freezer - both arms tore off. Want to make sure I do things the right way with my replacement.
User avatar
slugzilla
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
Location: Georgia
Posts: 606
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:45 am

Re: 2021 Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Premium Line (Summer/Fall '21)

Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:30 pm

Enforcer wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:21 pm
Anyone have any advice on how to loosen up the Mk 3 arms at the shoulders? The ratchet was not moving and the arms were just twisting the plastic. Tried putting it in the freezer - both arms tore off. Want to make sure I do things the right way with my replacement.
Stay away from the freezer at all times! Generally the boil and pop method is the way to go. The only other alternative would be to crack the torso apart at the seems, but that is risky and could easily damage the figure if not done with extreme care.

I don't have that particular Iron Man, so I don't know exactly what materials we're dealing with here. Does the figures chest feel like solid, ridgid, hard plastic or is it closer to the softer plastic that the arms and legs are made of?

A good test would be to jam your fingernail into the torso of the figure as hard as you can without hurting yourself, and see if it leaves an indentation behind. If it does leave an indentation, then you're almost certainly dealing with a softer plastic and should be able to heat up the torso with a hair dryer or some boiling water and use some needle nose pliers to grab ahold of the shoulder pegs and simply pull them from the torso.
User avatar
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: FwooshTeam Ladies Man.
Posts: 10087
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:42 am

Re: 2021 Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Premium Line (Summer/Fall '21)

Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:51 pm

slugzilla wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:30 pm
Enforcer wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:21 pm
Anyone have any advice on how to loosen up the Mk 3 arms at the shoulders? The ratchet was not moving and the arms were just twisting the plastic. Tried putting it in the freezer - both arms tore off. Want to make sure I do things the right way with my replacement.
Stay away from the freezer at all times! Generally the boil and pop method is the way to go. The only other alternative would be to crack the torso apart at the seems, but that is risky and could easily damage the figure if not done with extreme care.

I don't have that particular Iron Man, so I don't know exactly what materials we're dealing with here. Does the figures chest feel like solid, ridgid, hard plastic or is it closer to the softer plastic that the arms and legs are made of?

A good test would be to jam your fingernail into the torso of the figure as hard as you can without hurting yourself, and see if it leaves an indentation behind.
The freezer has worked for stuck butterfly joints and knees before. Definite failure on the shoulders. It's not immediately clear how the torso separates. It's possible the arms just pop in but the joint is very thin - not sure I'd want to risk boiling and then trying to pull out.

How has everyone else's Mk IIIs been? No issues with the shoulders?
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 2659
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:47 pm

Re: 2021 Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Premium Line (Summer/Fall '21)

Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:00 pm

I have had no issues with my Mark III
User avatar
slugzilla
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
Location: Georgia
Posts: 606
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:45 am

Re: 2021 Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Premium Line (Summer/Fall '21)

Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:02 pm

Enforcer wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:51 pm
slugzilla wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:30 pm
Enforcer wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:21 pm
Anyone have any advice on how to loosen up the Mk 3 arms at the shoulders? The ratchet was not moving and the arms were just twisting the plastic. Tried putting it in the freezer - both arms tore off. Want to make sure I do things the right way with my replacement.
Stay away from the freezer at all times! Generally the boil and pop method is the way to go. The only other alternative would be to crack the torso apart at the seems, but that is risky and could easily damage the figure if not done with extreme care.

I don't have that particular Iron Man, so I don't know exactly what materials we're dealing with here. Does the figures chest feel like solid, ridgid, hard plastic or is it closer to the softer plastic that the arms and legs are made of?

A good test would be to jam your fingernail into the torso of the figure as hard as you can without hurting yourself, and see if it leaves an indentation behind.
The freezer has worked for stuck butterfly joints and knees before. Definite failure on the shoulders. It's not immediately clear how the torso separates. It's possible the arms just pop in but the joint is very thin - not sure I'd want to risk boiling and then trying to pull out.

How has everyone else's Mk IIIs been? No issues with the shoulders?
Do you still have the broken figure?
Rishi_Eel
Super Poseable
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:05 am

Re: 2021 Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Premium Line (Summer/Fall '21)

Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:05 pm

e-rock wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:00 pm
I have had no issues with my Mark III
Mine also has super stuff ratchets, but they've loosened up enough that I think it'll be fine. It's scary every time I turn the arms though.
User avatar
slugzilla
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
Location: Georgia
Posts: 606
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:45 am

Re: 2021 Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Premium Line (Summer/Fall '21)

Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:11 pm

Rishi_Eel wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:05 pm
e-rock wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:00 pm
I have had no issues with my Mark III
Mine also has super stuff ratchets, but they've loosened up enough that I think it'll be fine. It's scary every time I turn the arms though.
Can you tell if the torso is made of a softer plastic? Is there any give to it if you poke it?
Rishi_Eel
Super Poseable
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:05 am

Re: 2021 Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Premium Line (Summer/Fall '21)

Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:16 pm

slugzilla wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:11 pm
Rishi_Eel wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:05 pm
e-rock wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:00 pm
I have had no issues with my Mark III
Mine also has super stuff ratchets, but they've loosened up enough that I think it'll be fine. It's scary every time I turn the arms though.
Can you tell if the torso is made of a softer plastic? Is there any give to it if you poke it?
It's that sort of mid-range plastic. Definitely harder than the arms and legs, but not the stiff plastic of the lower torso. It should pop with enough heat, but I'm worried about straining the shoulder pegs.
User avatar
slugzilla
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
Location: Georgia
Posts: 606
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:45 am

Re: 2021 Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Premium Line (Summer/Fall '21)

Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:39 pm

Rishi_Eel wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:16 pm
slugzilla wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:11 pm
Rishi_Eel wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:05 pm


Mine also has super stuff ratchets, but they've loosened up enough that I think it'll be fine. It's scary every time I turn the arms though.
Can you tell if the torso is made of a softer plastic? Is there any give to it if you poke it?
It's that sort of mid-range plastic. Definitely harder than the arms and legs, but not the stiff plastic of the lower torso. It should pop with enough heat, but I'm worried about straining the shoulder pegs.
Honestly I'll never understand why Hasbro seems to keep adding more and more ratchets to the Legends figures. All they do is limit the range of motion and cause breakage.

Personally I can't stand the ratchets and that fear of something snapping off because of them, so every time I run into a ratchet in an unnecessary area I'll pretty much do whatever it takes to get rid of them. I end up boiling or heating up just about every new Legends figure I get, popping the problematic part off or out and using my rotary tool to sand down the ratchets.

Then I put them back together again, good as new. With that anxiety about whether it's going to beak or not gone. I haven't had a ML figure break on me in a very long time, so it's definitely working, at least for me.
Rishi_Eel
Super Poseable
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:05 am

Re: 2021 Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Premium Line (Summer/Fall '21)

Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:54 pm

slugzilla wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:39 pm
Rishi_Eel wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:16 pm
slugzilla wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:11 pm


Can you tell if the torso is made of a softer plastic? Is there any give to it if you poke it?
It's that sort of mid-range plastic. Definitely harder than the arms and legs, but not the stiff plastic of the lower torso. It should pop with enough heat, but I'm worried about straining the shoulder pegs.
Honestly I'll never understand why Hasbro seems to keep adding more and more ratchets to the Legends figures. All they do is limit the range of motion and cause breakage.

Personally I can't stand the ratchets and that fear of something snapping off because of them, so every time I run into a ratchet in an unnecessary area I'll pretty much do whatever it takes to get rid of them. I end up boiling or heating up just about every new Legends figure I get, popping the problematic part off or out and using my rotary tool to sand down the ratchets.

Then I put them back together again, good as new. With that anxiety about whether it's going to beak or not gone. I haven't had a ML figure break on me in a very long time, so it's definitely working, at least for me.
I can't stand the detents on the hip balls that Hasbro's been adding. Luckily it hasn't made its way to legends, but you can barely move a Classified Series figure without snapping the leg off.
User avatar
slugzilla
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
Location: Georgia
Posts: 606
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:45 am

Re: 2021 Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Premium Line (Summer/Fall '21)

Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:11 am

Rishi_Eel wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:54 pm
slugzilla wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:39 pm
Rishi_Eel wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:16 pm


It's that sort of mid-range plastic. Definitely harder than the arms and legs, but not the stiff plastic of the lower torso. It should pop with enough heat, but I'm worried about straining the shoulder pegs.
Honestly I'll never understand why Hasbro seems to keep adding more and more ratchets to the Legends figures. All they do is limit the range of motion and cause breakage.

Personally I can't stand the ratchets and that fear of something snapping off because of them, so every time I run into a ratchet in an unnecessary area I'll pretty much do whatever it takes to get rid of them. I end up boiling or heating up just about every new Legends figure I get, popping the problematic part off or out and using my rotary tool to sand down the ratchets.

Then I put them back together again, good as new. With that anxiety about whether it's going to beak or not gone. I haven't had a ML figure break on me in a very long time, so it's definitely working, at least for me.
I can't stand the detents on the hip balls that Hasbro's been adding. Luckily it hasn't made its way to legends, but you can barely move a Classified Series figure without snapping the leg off.
I know! And the Classified figures hips were already fragile because of the drop down "feature". That's one of the many reasons I gave up on that line.
User avatar
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: FwooshTeam Ladies Man.
Posts: 10087
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:42 am

Re: 2021 Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Premium Line (Summer/Fall '21)

Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:16 am

slugzilla wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:02 pm
Enforcer wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:51 pm
slugzilla wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:30 pm


Stay away from the freezer at all times! Generally the boil and pop method is the way to go. The only other alternative would be to crack the torso apart at the seems, but that is risky and could easily damage the figure if not done with extreme care.

I don't have that particular Iron Man, so I don't know exactly what materials we're dealing with here. Does the figures chest feel like solid, ridgid, hard plastic or is it closer to the softer plastic that the arms and legs are made of?

A good test would be to jam your fingernail into the torso of the figure as hard as you can without hurting yourself, and see if it leaves an indentation behind.
The freezer has worked for stuck butterfly joints and knees before. Definite failure on the shoulders. It's not immediately clear how the torso separates. It's possible the arms just pop in but the joint is very thin - not sure I'd want to risk boiling and then trying to pull out.

How has everyone else's Mk IIIs been? No issues with the shoulders?
Do you still have the broken figure?
For now. Shipping it back to Amazon shortly though. Both arms broke off.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”