2021 Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Premium Line (Summer/Fall '21)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: 2021 Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Premium Line (Summer/Fall '21)

Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:43 am

As far as I’m concerned, these sales on the Infinity Saga figures are false and imaginary. They don’t hang around on the shelves long enough, if they’ve shown up at all. There’s nothing on the shelves to scan and double check if they’ve been discounted. I’d most certainly buy the Happy set just for his bulky suit body fodder. How is anyone getting a discount on the Amazon stuff that isn’t found at Target?
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:03 pm

Boy, I'm so glad I paid full price for all of these (I did get Mark III for free, though)... :rolleyes:
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:07 pm

Popfindr shows a ton of the Happy/Midas set in my area. Six stores have between 5 and 8, and six more stores have between 1 and 4. Need to go check them out to see if any clearance prices have hit.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:08 pm

Has Walmart shipped IW Cap to anyone yet? Has it been seen in stores?
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:11 pm

Enforcer wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:08 pm
Has Walmart shipped IW Cap to anyone yet? Has it been seen in stores?

Pretty sure the answer is no and no to both questions. I've been paying ultra attention to it since I'm still on the fence between settling for this new Legends version and grabbing the Mafex version--which coincidentally just came back in stock at some Japanese sources within the last week--so I really, really want to get the Legends version in hand to know whether or not to rule the Mafex out. But nope, no word anywhere here or on Reddit yet.
MLNUT
CROM!

Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:39 pm

Even though I received Surtur and Odin via the Target website, I have yet to see ANY other set other than the Happy/hold IM in stores. Is it just me?
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:09 pm

MLNUT wrote:
Even though I received Surtur and Odin via the Target website, I have yet to see ANY other set other than the Happy/hold IM in stores. Is it just me?

I see pegs full of Odin at every Target I go to, plus Happy/Midas. I've seen no others, although I tracked down and had them hold a Thanos/Stark set when it first released.
Rishi_Eel
Super Poseable

Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:11 pm

MLNUT wrote:
I've seen Odin, Thor, Thanos/85, and Happy/Midas in stores, only at Target though. All the Thanos sets sold out immediately though, and most of the Odin's. Haven't seen a sign of Surtur or anyone else in store, nothing at Walmart 9r Gamestop at all.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:01 pm

Amazon must be ordering dramatically less of sets these days. Can't believe the Carol/Pepper set is sold out...that one screams peg-warmer much like Odin and Happy/Midas.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:33 pm

I don't think it's actually sold out two weeks post-release. Maybe half are still stuck in a cargo container? But the false scarcity of constant "out of stock" notices may have encouraged people to jump on it early, and gotten the attention of scalpers.

I'm definitely holding off on these two repaints until a discount.
100ptsofarticulation
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:40 pm

Got my shipping notice from dorkside for surtur! Can't wait for this beast!
NorrinRadd
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:55 am

Carol and Pepper have been through two revolutions of in/out of stock, I think. Seems like usually the Amazon exclusives do a two-step, but sometimes there’s a third go round. ???

Tony 85 and Late-game Thanos arrived today. And—no surprise—it’s really a terrific set. Yes I have a shit ton of MCU Thanos and Iron Guy ML figures. But as these really are the piece de resistance, I’m not fussed about the $$ on this one. So many heads that all look good. The Tony heads of course are just amazing. I can’t stop staring at it and being taken straight into Endgame daydreams. And I actually like the red on this suit better than the first 85 figure (which I really like, too).

I got Pietro earlier in the week and he’s pretty great, too. Yeah, the Aaron Taylor Johnson likeness isn’t really there. But I find myself not minding quite as much as I thought I would. The body and overall presence of the figure works for me. His articulation does bug, though. Does Hazz intentionally dearticulate the most limber characters on purpose? Or does it just keep happening by accident? Cogito ergo wtf….?

I missed the Nomad Cap preorder window so I’m praying for a sighting in the field.
Left Field
Veteran Slugger

Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:41 am

Hey! Got the "Happy" price on the Happy and Gold MK7 2 pack. My jaw dropped when I saw the $26.49 price on the scanner.

Too rarely do I get actual clearance deals that others claim to get.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:05 am

This Infinity Saga line has got to be the messiest of the annual releases.

I don't think any of the product hit all at the same time like it has in past years.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:08 am

I knew I ordered Tony and Thanos from SOMEWHERE but forgot where... just got shipping notice from Pulse. It's a sign of a addiction if you start losing preorders, isn't it.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”