2021 Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Premium Line (Summer/Fall '21)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: 2021 Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Premium Line (Summer/Fall '21)

Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:32 pm

Wonder why all these stores seem to have cases of Odins but no Iron Man or Surtur?
Soundswipe
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:02 pm

e-rock wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:32 pm
Wonder why all these stores seem to have cases of Odins but no Iron Man or Surtur?
The distribution of this line is kind of odd so far. In my area all stores only received cases of Iron Man. I used popfindr to check some other states that I have friends or family in and some areas only received Surtur and some only Odin. So far none of the areas I checked had any Iron Mongers
maczero
Avengers Assemble

Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:16 pm

Those of you who have had your pre-orders cancelled or have received e-mails to approve a new ship date, are you Target circle club members? I ask because I'm a circle club member and I've never rec'd an email asking me to approve a new ship date or had Target cancel a pre-order.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:30 pm

maczero wrote:
Those of you who have had your pre-orders cancelled or have received e-mails to approve a new ship date, are you Target circle club members? I ask because I'm a circle club member and I've never rec'd an email asking me to approve a new ship date or had Target cancel a pre-order.

I am not.

To add insult to injury, apparently Target issued a $0.00 refund to my credit card for this canceled PO and because Target does not list who the "refund" is coming from, my credit card company locked my card and canceled the account due to suspected unauthorized activity. I've been out of town all weekend without internet access, so driving home yesterday was a really fun experience trying to purchase gas when I didn't know anything about this situation or that my card had been locked. So, once again, [email protected]#$ you Target, for being so incredibly inept at ecommerce.

EDIT: As fac pointed out earlier, these situations are 100% due to these big box retailers demanding Hasbro give them a store exclusive, yet refusing to fully support the line by ordering limited quantities at the same time. I really wish the Hasbro teams would realize this and just give these retailers secondary, non-essential repaints and save new and unique characters for Fan Channel.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:37 pm

maczero wrote:

I am a member and have had to approve new ship dates in the past and had them cancel pre-orders.

Why would you not be a member? It gives you free shipping and a 5% discount on everything, which mostly makes the sales tax free. There's no down side unless you're a privacy conspiracy theorist who thinks getting something for "free" means they're going to screw you somehow.
fac
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:40 pm

5% discount is only if you use their Red Card I thought? Circle Club provides more of a cash back credit thing, correct? Maybe I need to look into this more.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:56 pm

maczero wrote:Those of you who have had your pre-orders cancelled or have received e-mails to approve a new ship date, are you Target circle club members? I ask because I'm a circle club member and I've never rec'd an email asking me to approve a new ship date or had Target cancel a pre-order.
Im a target circle member, and have had both happen

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:11 pm

fac wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:40 pm
5% discount is only if you use their Red Card I thought? Circle Club provides more of a cash back credit thing, correct? Maybe I need to look into this more.

Yea, the 5% discount and unlimited free shipping is just for a Red Card. I never joined the Circle Club but I am a member, which I assume automatically happened when I got a Red Card. Didn't realize you could be a Circle Club member without the card.

The Red Card hooks to some kind of account, and I think it can be three types--a Target credit card account, your own checking account, or your own bank account. So if anyone didn't want one because they look at it as a store credit card and didn't want a new monthly bill I'm pretty sure it doesn't required you to start a credit account with Target.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:15 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:41 pm
Before now the Target web APIs and the target.com order pickup counts would report in two ways--either exact counts of every item in the store, or the exact count minus one. This time it appears that target.com order pickups and web API counts are skipping a case destined for a reset. This change by Corporate does make sense--they're trying to segment off the inventory from external view that they know employees would have a hard time finding. I'll be curious to see if the Popfindr counts increase once the inventory is out on the floor after the reset and will be checking throughout the week to see if that's the case.

I believe I just saw the post-reset web inventory increase happen. Early this morning I called a store showing 1 inventory via Popfindr, but they said they weren't doing their reset until later today. About an hour ago the Popfindr count went up from one to two and it also started showing two available for pickup on the item page at Target.com. That tells me that once the reset finished the inventory was updated to be publicly available.
maczero
Avengers Assemble

Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:28 pm

spideyboy1111 wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:56 pm
maczero wrote:Those of you who have had your pre-orders cancelled or have received e-mails to approve a new ship date, are you Target circle club members? I ask because I'm a circle club member and I've never rec'd an email asking me to approve a new ship date or had Target cancel a pre-order.
Im a target circle member, and have had both happen

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Well, there goes my theory as to why cancellations happen to others and not me. I guess I should just count myself lucky and not dwell on it.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:45 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:15 pm
EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:41 pm
Before now the Target web APIs and the target.com order pickup counts would report in two ways--either exact counts of every item in the store, or the exact count minus one. This time it appears that target.com order pickups and web API counts are skipping a case destined for a reset. This change by Corporate does make sense--they're trying to segment off the inventory from external view that they know employees would have a hard time finding. I'll be curious to see if the Popfindr counts increase once the inventory is out on the floor after the reset and will be checking throughout the week to see if that's the case.

I believe I just saw the post-reset web inventory increase happen. Early this morning I called a store showing 1 inventory via Popfindr, but they said they weren't doing their reset until later today. About an hour ago the Popfindr count went up from one to two and it also started showing two available for pickup on the item page at Target.com. That tells me that once the reset finished the inventory was updated to be publicly available.

Multiple confirmations this morning. Three more Targets in my area had order pickup options available, presumably because the figures became obtainable as resets completed. I picked one Stark/Thanos set up myself.

This is good news, because this is how resets should have worked all along. If it's either on the shelves or available for an employee to pick up, we should be able to see that via the web site. Granted...I did order mine at around 6 AM EST this morning and confirmed that store was sold out an hour or two later. Wow, that Stark/Thanos set is selling out fast. :shock:
Collector4612
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:46 pm

Has anyone who pre-ordered from Target back when these first went up gotten shipping notices yet? Or has anyone ordered at release and gotten shipment emails? I pre-ordered Thanos, Odin, and Mk. 3 along with the Happy set back in May, and while the Happy set is still backordered, the other 3 are just sitting in the order saying pre-ordered, expected receipt between 8/4 and 8/9 with no updates. Compare that with Iron Monger, who I pre-ordered this past Saturday night right before release, and got a shipment notification first thing Sunday morning.

I've reached out to Target chat to make sure the backordered set isn't glitching my other items, and they say that the expected receipt dates are actually shipping dates, which I find difficult to believe, especially given that all 3 sets were available to order Sunday morning after they went live, and Odin is still available now.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:57 pm

I think it has to do with when warehouses get their stock to ship. The pre-orders we have prob are linked to one that hasn't got the stock yet, while the ones that went up Saturday were.

But it's fine. I can wait an extra few days
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:59 pm

BBTS sent me a "Pre-Order Processing Soon" notification for Quicksilver.
Soundswipe
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:10 pm

I hate being that guy, but with no movement on my target preorders, I cancelled and reordered today and they already say preparing to ship

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”