2021 Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Premium Line (Summer/Fall '21)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: 2021 Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Premium Line (Summer/Fall '21)

Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:49 pm

The Iron Man/Thanos set sold out at Target about 8 or 9 hours after it went live at midnight CST. Every store around me is showing as sold out of the three they had, although it's impossible to tell for sure from Target's public inventory reporting because every one around me was showing 2 in stock last night when I know for sure they come 3 to a box. Their web site does that as well for pickup orders--they only show 2 available when in reality there are three. So I'm sure some stores actually do still have one left even though via the web it looks sold out.

The exact same thing happened with MODOK the first day it went up for sale probably because Target got it first just as they did with this set, but Target got re-stocks after all of the other retailers were offering it and those have been easily available ever since, so in a month or three that set may be easy to find--but I tend to doubt it. Iron Man and Thanos have a much broader appeal than MODOK, and even though the set is a re-issue of two previously-released figures many of us who already had one or both will still want this new set for the new tooling and accessories.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:50 pm

bruno diaz wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:46 pm
spideyboy1111 wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:01 pm
e-rock wrote:None of my local targets have seemed to have gotten these yet. I guess I will see if they ship first or if they come outnhere first.

I did get another delay notice on the Happy 2 pack. Now it is to ship between now and Aug 13th. Not sure if anyone else got that email
I got mine today as well

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I got an email today saying the order was cancelled. It also said there was a delay notice they sent me that I didn’t respond to, which isn’t true. I’m pissed. …

I had my PO canceled as well without receiving the "delay approval" emails. I was told by a customer service rep that the numbers of POs taken exceeded the amount of product that came in and that's why POs were canceled. I have the worst luck with Target POs. Same thing happened with Rogue.
fac
CROM!

Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:59 pm

I like Target but these delay approval emails resulting in canceled orders are a cop out for them not being able to deliver on the pre-orders they took. This is a perfect example where the system should be a passive response means "OK" if you don't care about the delay and proactive response of "Not OK" if you want to cancel, not the other way around. This plus the monthly holds that appear for a few days to check the credit card are not customer friendly practices.

I'm curious how their pre-order terms and conditions are written - I feel like we are pre-ordering a product, not a delivery date, given you can cancel up to shipment anyway. Not sure who else does this - I get flight schedule changes all the time, and you can cancel/change if it doesn't work, but the assumption is unless you do something the change is OK.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:23 am

The Iron Man/ Thanos set was available in store so I picked that up today. Waiting for my other items to ship.

Hoping the Happy order won't cancel on me, but I feel it will eventually be in store or something. No big deal
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

2021 Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Premium Line (Summer/Fall '21)

Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:52 am

e-rock wrote:The Iron Man/ Thanos set was available in store so I picked that up today. Waiting for my other items to ship.

Hoping the Happy order won't cancel on me, but I feel it will eventually be in store or something. No big deal
Nice find! What do you think of the Iron Man vs Thanos set?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:15 am

Akatsuki wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:52 am
e-rock wrote:The Iron Man/ Thanos set was available in store so I picked that up today. Waiting for my other items to ship.

Nice find! What do you think of the Iron Man vs Thanks set?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like it a lot more in person. Both are upgrades on prior release. Iron Man I especially like. Comes with a bunch of accessories and it is cool to get that gauntlet hand
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:07 pm

e-rock wrote:
I like it a lot more in person. Both are upgrades on prior release. Iron Man I especially like. Comes with a bunch of accessories and it is cool to get that gauntlet hand

Are there any upgrades on Iron Man from the Smart Hulk wave Mark 85 besides the extra accessories? I can't think of any that needed doing because that figure was already outstanding...just curious.

One thing I've been wondering is that figure used a neck ball peg that was TINY and doesn't fit any other Legends figure. Did they use the same tiny neck peg for this release also?
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:24 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:07 pm
e-rock wrote:

Are there any upgrades on Iron Man from the Smart Hulk wave Mark 85 besides the extra accessories? I can't think of any that needed doing because that figure was already outstanding...just curious.

One thing I've been wondering is that figure used a neck ball peg that was TINY and doesn't fit any other Legends figure. Did they use the same tiny neck peg for this release also?
The paint job is better and the head joint is totally different. It more or less isn't there on the new one since all the swappable heads come with a neck piece, which connects into the torso. It also allows the head to move much more freely IMO.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:41 pm

OK, Target seems to have changed the way they track inventory. When this line went live for them yesterday the Target web site showed 2 in stock available for pickup at every local store, but all of my local stores (about a dozen) were sold out about 8 to 9 hours after it went live. I know the shipper has 3, which told me they were holding one back on the target.com and popfindr counts which also showed 2 per store.

This morning I noted that Popfindr was showing 1 in stock for half of the stores in my region, so I started calling stores asking about the Iron Man/Thanos set. I've called six now, and EVERY store said they had 3 in stock, but every one is in the middle of resets and don't know where they're at. That means they could be on a cart, shrink-wrapped on a pallet, or in some other state of transition to the shelves. Since all of them sold 2 online through order pickup that tells me every store got at LEAST two cases of the set in.

Before now the Target web APIs and the target.com order pickup counts would report in two ways--either exact counts of every item in the store, or the exact count minus one. This time it appears that target.com order pickups and web API counts are skipping a case destined for a reset. This change by Corporate does make sense--they're trying to segment off the inventory from external view that they know employees would have a hard time finding. I'll be curious to see if the Popfindr counts increase once the inventory is out on the floor after the reset and will be checking throughout the week to see if that's the case.

On my seventh call I found a store who said they were doing their toy reset in about an hour, but that they would hold one for me. They asked me to call back in two hours and ask for them by name so I could come pick it up. And this is why I still love Target for the way they handle Legends--their employees are usually very helpful. Or at least half of them are...certainly there are plenty who aren't. But they ALL provide some amount of help, and they never refused to look up a DPCI.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:46 pm

I wonder if these Targets have the out of stock Surtur or Mk 3 Iron Man. So far, it only shows Odin as in stock for me. I have those 3 on order and they should ship this week, but if I could have them today I would be willing to just buy them now
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:01 pm

e-rock wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:46 pm
I wonder if these Targets have the out of stock Surtur or Mk 3 Iron Man. So far, it only shows Odin as in stock for me. I have those 3 on order and they should ship this week, but if I could have them today I would be willing to just buy them now

I haven't asked about Surtur yet; I figure he's headed for clearance and am waiting for that, he's too obscure. I feel the same way about Odin, and sure enough, every Target in my area has 4 or 5 available for online order and pickup right now, so he's selling just as slowly as I figured he would.

I asked two stores about the Iron Man Mark 3 and neither had them. They also never had any available for online order and pickup in my region, so my guess is he hasn't arrived in my area yet.
CapnKngaroo
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:08 pm

I don’t know how you guys get Popfindr to work consistently. I can only get it to work maybe once a day. It always pops up with the shareable link scan bar code thing
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:11 pm

CapnKngaroo wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:08 pm
I don’t know how you guys get Popfindr to work consistently. I can only get it to work maybe once a day. It always pops up with the shareable link scan bar code thing

It's not Popfindr, it's Target. Target has a publicly-available web API (application programming interface) that Popfindr queries and returns to you. When you don't see a list of stores and inventory counts it's because Target didn't return anything.

And for these sets as noted in this thread a few days ago for whatever reason Target isn't allowing lookups by DPCI for these sets, only by TCIN. Both numbers can be found in the Target.com item listing for any given set. This is the first time I've ever seen them only allow TCIN lookups but not DPCI. I have no idea why they're doing it or even what the difference between the two numbers is, I've just noticed for a while they show both numbers in every page for every item they sell. Item pages also show a UPC, and my understanding of that number is it's universal to the product and doesn't differ by retailer. DPCI I know for sure it Target-specific, but I have no idea what a TCIN is.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:21 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:11 pm
This is the first time I've ever seen them only allow TCIN lookups but not DPCI. I have no idea why they're doing it or even what the difference between the two numbers is, I've just noticed for a while they show both numbers in every page for every item they sell. Item pages also show a UPC, and my understanding of that number is it's universal to the product and doesn't differ by retailer. DPCI I know for sure it Target-specific, but I have no idea what a TCIN is.

I Googled this and found an answer on a Target employee forum thread that makes complete sense. Below is a link to the thread and the key quote that's from 2018, but to summarize--Target has been moving to new inventory software for years. The old software uses DPCI to track an item, but the new system uses TCIN. So they're both Target-specific numbers and DPCI will be retired at some point, which probably explains why we can't look up these sets using a DPCI. It may be that we can't look up ANYTHING by DPCI either from now on or in the near future and need to start searching by TCIN. This probably also explains why I'm seeing a different inventory tracking pattern for these sets--they're only being tracked in the new system, not their older one.

https://www.thebreakroom.org/threads/tcin.20141/

The current road map for TCIN taking over the DPCI format is for 2019 when PRISM is retired and IMN takes over as the primary go-to application for item management. PRISM currently only serves for the 3 Target.com DC's and really has no other special features compared to what IMN offers. This will allow us to better align all workcenters gloablly to use one universal application and streamline the inventory process.

TCIN stands for Target.com Item Network. The 8 digits originate from ASIN when we took over Amazon's process who was at the time overseeing our online retail process. Items were given an 8-digit number when entered into the system.
joshsquash729
CROM!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:29 pm

Came across a fresh case of Odins while visiting home this week. It was a nice surprise amidst the wave of nearly empty shelves. He's a fun figure- looks appropriately regal and lordly. I wish the helmet was a bit thicker plastic (but it's still a darn cool helmet), and there's not a whole lot to differentiate the two heads, but it's a more-than-welcome addition to the shelves.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”