2021 Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Premium Line (Summer/Fall '21)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: 2021 Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Premium Line (Summer/Fall '21)

Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:32 am

whatevaevaeva wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:42 am
Enforcer wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:53 pm
whatevaevaeva wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:11 pm
I might be out of the loop, are there some Canada-specific issues going on? Local independent stores/sellers are still waiting for some waves (eg. Stilt-Man) from Hasbro, and now the Infinity Saga line has been really hard to hunt down, unlike the previous anniversary/premium lines (outside typical store exclusive irritations).

The Shang-Chi and Disney+ waves seem like they've hit without much issue. Or maybe they were a bit more delayed than usual?
Yes! I actually know about this. Also for specific Canada Action Figure news and stuff - check out https://www.actionfigurenews.ca/ - good forum, good people (my 2nd after Fwoosh).

So Diamond stopped paying Hasbro around the start of the pandemic. Comic Stores (and me) have stopped getting cases as of around October 2020. I think the last things I got were the Joe Fixit Wave and Age of Apocalypse waves. I only just got the tri-Sentinel wave last month, and am hopeful that Venompool and Stilt Man are still coming (because that's what I've been told). This is why TRU and Walmart have gotten those waves and comic stores haven't. But things have started again.

Not sure what's up with anniversary waves but I suspect they will start hitting EB Games first in the next few weeks.
Thanks for the info! Immediately more helpful than my local store, who just keep telling me to check their website for updates on the figures I pre-ordered nearly a year ago.

So when you say things have started again, do you mean Diamond and Hasbro are back on good terms and (supposedly) catching up on shipments? Or have stores found different distribution?
Happy to help. Seems like shipping is starting back up as normal through Diamond.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:34 pm

Given that Target is getting these first and that they don't appear to be exposing any of the DPCIs I've checked for this line via their web-based application programming interface (API) used by Popfindr and Brickseek, I have a question--has anyone seen one of those new tablet-based devices inside of Target stores? Popfindr has a picture of one on their site shown below, but I've never seen one of these in the stores. Maybe they have them only in one place somewhere? I've seen the liittle cruddy screens you can use to scan barcodes from products, but never one of these interactive tablets.

If anyone has seen one of the tablets--have you been able to use it to look up a DPCI, or do anything else of use in hunting figures? Popfindr shows in the second pic below a search result where it indicates how many of the item is in the back, which sounds of definite use if you're in the store. Ideally I'd love to get to this via the Target app, but I don't see any results like the second pic when I use it. I have seen that screen on the handheld devices employees use though, and when I call and ask them to look up a DPCI I often hear the employee read "X on hand, Y in back" just as is shown in the pic.

Image Image
mancer702000
CROM!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:20 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:34 pm
Given that Target is getting these first and that they don't appear to be exposing any of the DPCIs I've checked for this line via their web-based application programming interface (API) used by Popfindr and Brickseek, I have a question--has anyone seen one of those new tablet-based devices inside of Target stores? Popfindr has a picture of one on their site shown below, but I've never seen one of these in the stores. Maybe they have them only in one place somewhere? I've seen the liittle cruddy screens you can use to scan barcodes from products, but never one of these interactive tablets.

If anyone has seen one of the tablets--have you been able to use it to look up a DPCI, or do anything else of use in hunting figures? Popfindr shows in the second pic below a search result where it indicates how many of the item is in the back, which sounds of definite use if you're in the store. Ideally I'd love to get to this via the Target app, but I don't see any results like the second pic when I use it. I have seen that screen on the handheld devices employees use though, and when I call and ask them to look up a DPCI I often hear the employee read "X on hand, Y in back" just as is shown in the pic.

Image Image
A couple of my targets have those and they do work like the second pic. It will tell you how many they have on shelves and in the back. It will often tell you if another store in the area also has it. They are definitely very helpful.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:45 pm

mancer702000 wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:20 pm
A couple of my targets have those and they do work like the second pic. It will tell you how many they have on shelves and in the back. It will often tell you if another store in the area also has it. They are definitely very helpful.

Where were they in the stores you saw them in? Every Target in my area has an aisle layout identical to every other one aside from one store that used to be another retail store and isn't shaped the right way to accommodate the usual Target design, so if they only have one or two they may be in the same areas around me that they are around you. Was it near Customer Service, or were they distributed in multiple locations around the store? The one in that Popfindr pic is clearly out in the store next to the kitchen appliances, so I'm guessing at least some have put them all over the store--which I know isn't the case for any near me.
Popoman
CROM?

Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:46 pm

saw the mark 3 yesterday, but oof...that's quite the price tag

Found Surtur too, but I've got him on pre-order and I'm poor right now so I passed. Looks cool, though.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:57 pm

Target I went to yesterday didn't have anything new. Maybe I will check another one tomorrow
Soundswipe
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:43 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:

Where were they in the stores you saw them in? Every Target in my area has an aisle layout identical to every other one aside from one store that used to be another retail store and isn't shaped the right way to accommodate the usual Target design, so if they only have one or two they may be in the same areas around me that they are around you. Was it near Customer Service, or were they distributed in multiple locations around the store? The one in that Popfindr pic is clearly out in the store next to the kitchen appliances, so I'm guessing at least some have put them all over the store--which I know isn't the case for any near me.
Not the OP, but a few of the targets near me have those now. They replaced the old price scanners, so they’re all throughout the store and as stated previously, they’re super helpful. It helped me track down the Mark 3 at another local store yesterday
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:20 am

My Targets are getting the pegs ready for these, all empty as of now. The vultures are circling. I'm getting anxious.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:11 am

I have all these on preorder so if I don't get them before they ship, that is fine. I will still have them in the end. But I would buy a few sets I have pre-ordered elsewhere and set to ship in Sept if I stumbled onto them at Target
mancer702000
CROM!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:33 pm

Soundswipe wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:43 pm
EnigmaticClarity wrote:

Not the OP, but a few of the targets near me have those now. They replaced the old price scanners, so they’re all throughout the store and as stated previously, they’re super helpful. It helped me track down the Mark 3 at another local store yesterday

Yeah they replaced the old price scanners.
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:13 pm

Found the iron man and Thanos set as well as Odin at a local target today iron man is great the swapable heads are awesome!! Thanos’s blip effects are cool but after getting a decent amount of him I would have liked a new mold and Odin is fun too
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:26 pm

Does anyone have Infinity War Cap yet? I want to see how the heads look on the original release body (mostly skin tone match.)
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:33 pm

The problem with the new Target price scanners is trying to find an assortment DCPI. It'll give you the DCPI for the exact figure you're scanning and not the assortment number. So it'll likely tell you stock is 0 for the specific figure, when they may actually have the assortment in back. Also, I don't think it gives accurate pricing for clearance in-store pricing. I believe it gives you website pricing.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:51 pm

TheCollector1999 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:13 pm
Found the iron man and Thanos set as well as Odin at a local target today iron man is great the swapable heads are awesome!! Thanos’s blip effects are cool but after getting a decent amount of him I would have liked a new mold and Odin is fun too
I will likely only be swapping left forearm/hand with the BAF, but do his other limbs separate like a BAF would?
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:26 am

Ash Talon wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:33 pm
The problem with the new Target price scanners is trying to find an assortment DCPI. It'll give you the DCPI for the exact figure you're scanning and not the assortment number. So it'll likely tell you stock is 0 for the specific figure, when they may actually have the assortment in back. Also, I don't think it gives accurate pricing for clearance in-store pricing. I believe it gives you website pricing.

That sucks, although it may vary per wave. I know for the bad guys wave I could give them the wave DPCI or any figure from the wave and both returned the inventory counts for the wave, which I tested with three different figures at different stores just out of curiosity.

Do the new scanners let you manually enter a DPCI?

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”