2021 Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Premium Line (Summer/Fall '21)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: 2021 Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Premium Line (Summer/Fall '21)

Mon May 31, 2021 11:59 pm

I was looking at the Endgame poster used on the back of packaging again and remembered what a big deal someone was making about them using the version with Iron Man rather than Tony's face. If I remember right, this was evidence of no longer being able to use RDJ's likeness? Then they turn out the best RDJ likeness Hasbro has ever done and it's on an Endgame figure?

I think the real lesson here is I should just let people have their ideas and let them figure it out in time.
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:14 am

Ru_1977 wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 11:59 pm
I was looking at the Endgame poster used on the back of packaging again and remembered what a big deal someone was making about them using the version with Iron Man rather than Tony's face. If I remember right, this was evidence of no longer being able to use RDJ's likeness? Then they turn out the best RDJ likeness Hasbro has ever done and it's on an Endgame figure?

I think the real lesson here is I should just let people have their ideas and let them figure it out in time.
That made me laugh a little.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:28 am

Heh heh, I appreciate you letting me know that.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:30 am

Not sure what you are scoffing at or who, but in the latest livestream Ryan and Dwight commented *at length* on how hard they worked to get approval on that Endgame Iron Man likeness, and how many rounds and revisions it took to get it exactly right. They sounded harrowed.

Which means RDJr has likeness approval - and it's a difficult process. So if they can release a product that can skip rounds of work by simply replacing his face with his helmet it makes sense to do that. Which is what I originally commented on when they started helmeting Iron Man and Spider-Man in most places where their faces were originally included - to save on likeness approvals.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:12 am

Oh it was you! Thanks for coming forward. I scoff once more!
BAT
Avengers Assemble

Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:19 am

Ru_1977 wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:12 am
Oh it was you! Thanks for coming forward. I scoff once more!
The weirdness of people who imagine it is worthwhile or at all impressive to go online and "own" someone conversing in good faith.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:41 am

JPC wrote:
Not sure what you are scoffing at or who, but in the latest livestream Ryan and Dwight commented *at length* on how hard they worked to get approval on that Endgame Iron Man likeness, and how many rounds and revisions it took to get it exactly right. They sounded harrowed.

Which means RDJr has likeness approval - and it's a difficult process. So if they can release a product that can skip rounds of work by simply replacing his face with his helmet it makes sense to do that. Which is what I originally commented on when they started helmeting Iron Man and Spider-Man in most places where their faces were originally included - to save on likeness approvals.
Also, finally had a minute to listen again. Dwight made one statement about the approval process, which I took more as hasbro's approval, made NO mention of Downey in any shape. Seriously, one sentence?
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:23 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:41 am
JPC wrote:

Also, finally had a minute to listen again. Dwight made one statement about the approval process, which I took more as hasbro's approval, made NO mention of Downey in any shape. Seriously, one sentence?
I believe I've heard previously that RDJ does have approval rights as well. I don't know if it was speculation or not, but someone had mentioned it being potentially why none of the Hot Toys Endgame head sculpts look as old as he did. Not that he looked old, but with the grays and all that.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:41 pm

Ah ha, now I scoff at myself then.
Dorlando_calrissian
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:35 am

JPC wrote:

If only Chris evans had likeness approval. I can’t tell which nomad likeness is worse.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:52 am

Dorlando_calrissian wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:35 am
JPC wrote:

If only Chris evans had likeness approval. I can’t tell which nomad likeness is worse.
Sometimes likeness approval is why they end up looking worse, which is making me think that he did.

His likeness for the Fantastic Four figures were pretty solid and better than just about all of the Hasbro efforts. I'm thinking because that was earlier on in his career maybe he didn't have likeness approval in his contract.

I know most of the OG's who signed on with Paramount were the ones we didn't see likenesses of for a long time. After contract resignings with Disney is when I noticed we started getting actual likenesses. Especially in Robert and Chris' case.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:07 pm

scottwerdal
HULK SMASH!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:23 am

september_death wrote:Image
Lookin’ goooooood!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:12 am

That looks good but I don't have the room or money for it. Maybe if it goes on sale and I decide to impulse buy it. It is very pretty.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:24 pm

Wonder if all ten sets will ship at pretty much the same time or spread out. Could be wrong, but I seem to remember the X-Men sets shipping from July to October with most of them in August.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”