2021 Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Premium Line (Summer/Fall '21)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: 2021 Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Premium Line (Summer/Fall '21)

Tue May 18, 2021 9:04 pm

JoshuaKat wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 9:01 pm
e-rock wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 8:46 pm
Ru_1977 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 8:38 pm

I dream that way as well, something akin to Black Series. When a show or movie is coming, they can still have a wave focus on that, but with a couple other make-up or reissue/resculpted figures. But I would really rather go full Black Series style and lose the BAFs but have deluxe figures for Kurse, Destroyer, and Whiplash. As has been pointed out ad nauseam, including as evidenced by your post, there is PLENTY of characters even without going too deep into casually clothed and business suited supporting characters. I mean, you could still do a Justin Hammer with a Killian head included, then do the unshirted, glowing Killian later.

Another line I wouldn't mind emulating was the Toy Biz Lord of the Rings collection. The sequels got a lot of focus, but they always had some catch-up figures along the way. This would simply be 8 or 9 times that.

I think, outside of the first six, the most wanted now is the Mark 45, from the third act of AOU.
I think my dream would be instead of this sporadic method in the Saga lines that leans a little too centric to newer films, I would personally like to see dedicated waves by franchise. Give me a MCU Iron Man wave with mostly new characters. Same for Cap, Thor, etc. The sporadic nature of these Saga lines has resulted in too much reissue for my tastes. That would be my primary critique, and I think having dedicated waves and deluxes by film franchise would help.

But the Saga line is much better than nothing. I just hope future years are not so focused on Endgame and we can share the love. Not just get more Iron Man.
I like the LotR idea. The only thing there is these movies are all getting such big casts these days that idk where they could fit in older characters unless they do all movie or 2 waves per film.

I do like the idea of waves by franchise! They kinda missed the boat to do 10 year anniversary waves for phase 1, so I wonder what would be the best way to do it. Even if they had to roll the whole years release in one wave for example 2009 covering IM2 and Hulk.
I dont think they would need an excuse. They would just have to do it, lol. But if they really wanted to wait for a specific time for some kind of tie-in reason, maybe 2013. Commemorate Iron Man 3's 10th Anniversary with a wave made up of characters from all 3 movie....and only 1 of them is allowed to be Iron Man, lol. Then just start making it a regular thing from there for the other franchises.

I would be okay with something like:

Iron Man Mk 6
War Machine Mk 1
Whiplash (Monaco)
Aldrich Killian (finale)
Pepper Potts
Justin Hammer

BAF - Whiplash (finale)

I dont want a BAF Hammer Drone. That should be an army builder deluxe. I guess something like his Igor armor or one of the larger armors in the House Party could also be done as a BAF. Those may appeal more to Hasbro and be less niche, lol
51alexp
Here comes a new challenger!

Tue May 18, 2021 10:17 pm

Man, these are all such great figures and I’m so glad the past 13 years are getting representation. Lots more holes to fill, though. I’m hoping the Infinity Saga line sticks around! I’m appreciative of all the Endgame love, as I really want to finish the heroes vs Thanos army final battle shelved I have going. I don’t know when or where we would get a Smart Hulk, Rocket, or Nebula at this point, and Wong and Miek will probably be done next year (although Miek is probably gonna look wayyyy different compared to Endhame if that concept art tells us anything :( ugh) for the villains side, we really just need a Chitauri and Outrider army builder sets. It’s almost an obvious choice at this point. I know I’d buy 5-6 of each! A new Giant Man on that Surtur mold would look great too. A guy can dream!
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 18, 2021 10:28 pm

garrettlcustoms wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 6:13 pm
Well it ain't a figure but that wearable Legends Iron Man Gauntlet is badass and I need it.

When I first saw the existing nano-gauntlet I thought it was the new one that Tony wore. It wasn't until someone gave it to me for Christmas that I realized the old one was sized for Hulk. I'm still surprised they gave us that one first instead of this one.
WickedFrontier
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Tue May 18, 2021 10:47 pm

tatooinesandworm wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 2:06 pm
WickedFrontier wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 11:10 am
We have just received the pre-order for these at the store I work in, and the street date is the 28th of this month.

That HAS to be wrong... right?
You received the actual product and it can go out on shelf on the 28th, or your store received pre-order information indicating a May 28th release?
The latter!
PSPS13
Super Poseable

Tue May 18, 2021 11:26 pm

WickedFrontier wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 10:47 pm
tatooinesandworm wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 2:06 pm
WickedFrontier wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 11:10 am
We have just received the pre-order for these at the store I work in, and the street date is the 28th of this month.

That HAS to be wrong... right?
You received the actual product and it can go out on shelf on the 28th, or your store received pre-order information indicating a May 28th release?
The latter!
Oh expletive. My account will not be ready for that. At all. Feels like estimated dates are a bit meaningless right now. Not good for planning pre-orders.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 19, 2021 12:08 am

I cannot imagine that is accurate. None of the premium waves have been that early. Usually have been closer to August
PopZeus
Faster than a speeding bullet

Wed May 19, 2021 12:22 am

Is this one of the most painful months for Marvel Legends collectors' wallets? YESSS

There are still some obvious gaps that still need to be filled with the MCU. It is a bit striking how we've never gotten a Chitauri army builder for example. At least we can see they're going back with the Infinity Saga line. Definitely want to see that continue as long as it makes sense.
WickedFrontier
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Wed May 19, 2021 12:33 am

e-rock wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 12:08 am
I cannot imagine that is accurate. None of the premium waves have been that early. Usually have been closer to August
Yeah, it has to be a mistake. It's not possible that that date is correct.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Wed May 19, 2021 1:13 am

e-rock wrote:Plenty of figures from that movie I still want. Malekith, Kurse, Dark Elves maybe, and def Frigga. Other ones would be characters in both Thor and TDW. The Aether is also still the only stone without any non guantlet representation besides the Soul Stone which had no corresponding McGuffin to make anything out of
Lying down Gamora or Black Widow figure?

Kurse and the dark elves would make excellent action figures! Actually loads of characters from this franchise are way more interesting toy wise than most of other franchises besides Guardians. But I think the Sci-fantasy nature of those appeal greatly to me.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 19, 2021 1:17 am

I'm not going to imagine the figure as Surtur from the MCU or as a stand in for the comics. I'm planning to grab a few and use as Hellfire demons for Lady Death to fight.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 19, 2021 1:34 am

My first thought on seeing Surtur was "I wonder if I can sub him in for The Beast from Angel S4" - the body could work, but the feet and head not at all. And he's too tall (but maybe without the crown...).
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 19, 2021 2:54 am

I don't actually remember the height of the Beast from Angel S4. I would think Surtur would be around 10 inches without the crown.
DirtDiggler
I wish I had super powers

Wed May 19, 2021 5:54 pm

So what's left at this point? IW Cap? Potentially being a Walmart exclusive? Is that it?
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 19, 2021 6:02 pm

i don't think we saw the iron monger set yet.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 19, 2021 6:03 pm

DirtDiggler wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 5:54 pm
So what's left at this point? IW Cap? Potentially being a Walmart exclusive? Is that it?
And Iron Monger. Unless there are any extras like they did with Ultron in the Ten Years wave. Wasn't there another one tacked on later?

EDIT: I am thinking of the SDCC Red Skull.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”