2021 Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Premium Line (Summer/Fall '21)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: 2021 Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Premium Line (Summer/Fall '21)

Fri May 14, 2021 8:45 pm

I would agree that pending Iron Monger or Surtur maybe blowing me away, I do think both M10 and M80th had better lineups than this one. Though both those had flaws too
PopZeus
Faster than a speeding bullet

Fri May 14, 2021 8:46 pm

Wait, are they re-releasing the IW "Nomad" Cap? That's kinda weird. I haven't seen any news about this. If all the Cap figures to reprint, that's not the one I'd pick.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 14, 2021 8:48 pm

New theory based on today's reveals: Hasbro is not currently allowed to make any Guardians merchandise.

Only reason I can think why there is ZERO presence for a massive franchise with lots of updates available. I think we only got Nebula's head for Endgame because it was an alternate for Widow, and didn't we only get a basic Rocket figure with Thor? But no other representation?

It's been a long time since Star-Lord, Drax, Gamora and Rocket have been available at retail, and I'm guessing it's not Hasbro's choice.
degausser
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 14, 2021 8:50 pm

PopZeus wrote:Wait, are they re-releasing the IW "Nomad" Cap? That's kinda weird. I haven't seen any news about this. If all the Cap figures to reprint, that's not the one I'd pick.
Would have been in my top three choices. The one they did release for IW was hot garbage with that sculpt. Still the all time worst legend from the mcu for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SuperSoldier
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 14, 2021 8:55 pm

For those thinking of repainting the Mark III Iron Man, just remember Stark picked "Hot Rod Red" as the color.
PopZeus
Faster than a speeding bullet

Fri May 14, 2021 9:03 pm

degausser wrote:
PopZeus wrote:Wait, are they re-releasing the IW "Nomad" Cap? That's kinda weird. I haven't seen any news about this. If all the Cap figures to reprint, that's not the one I'd pick.
Would have been in my top three choices. The one they did release for IW was hot garbage with that sculpt. Still the all time worst legend from the mcu for me.

Cap definitely suffers the most in terms of how many figures were produced and how many of them still hold up. Personally, I think the WWII suited Cap and Avengers Cap were the worst. I wanna say they started (slowly) getting better after TWS stealth suit version. Though the Chris Evans head sculpts/paint jobs are all over the place in terms of quality, they also started getting better with the P&G Cap and motorcycle WWII Cap being the most lifelike.

If I was to have my way, we'd be getting a new Avengers Hulk figure since the ONLY good MCU Hulk we've gotten so far is the Endgame BAF Hulk.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 14, 2021 9:06 pm

JPC wrote:
New theory based on today's reveals: Hasbro is not currently allowed to make any Guardians merchandise.

Only reason I can think why there is ZERO presence for a massive franchise with lots of updates available. I think we only got Nebula's head for Endgame because it was an alternate for Widow, and didn't we only get a basic Rocket figure with Thor? But no other representation?

It's been a long time since Star-Lord, Drax, Gamora and Rocket have been available at retail, and I'm guessing it's not Hasbro's choice.
We will be getting loads of Guardians stuff in 2023. Rest assured.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Fri May 14, 2021 9:07 pm

I popped the Ragnarok Hulk head on the Endgame BAF for my Avengers Hulk. Greens don't quite match and I had to remove the white facepaint but it's not bad.
JoshuaKat
Avengers Assemble

Fri May 14, 2021 9:09 pm

JPC wrote:

I don't know. What would be the reason they can't make them? I feel like it's more just coincidence. IW was hot off the tails of Vol2 where the whole team was made and their looks didn't change after that. We had just gotten 3 Star-Lords. I could see a 2014 Gamora and Red suit Nebula being skipped over easily. I did think we would see Rocket since his outfit was comic accurate but they unfortunately put him in with Thor and teen Groot. The Guardians have 3 appearances planned for Vol3, Thr4, and the holiday show. I think it's as simple as that.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 14, 2021 9:12 pm

PopZeus wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 9:03 pm
degausser wrote:

Cap definitely suffers the most in terms of how many figures were produced and how many of them still hold up. Personally, I think the WWII suited Cap and Avengers Cap were the worst. I wanna say they started (slowly) getting better after TWS stealth suit version. Though the Chris Evans head sculpts/paint jobs are all over the place in terms of quality, they also started getting better with the P&G Cap and motorcycle WWII Cap being the most lifelike.

If I was to have my way, we'd be getting a new Avengers Hulk figure since the ONLY good MCU Hulk we've gotten so far is the Endgame BAF Hulk.
I'd still love a better head for that Endgame BAF. If Happy is the fourhead of security, that Endgame Hulk is the fivehead. I also feel he looks more like David Harbour than Ruffalo.

I did get a Mezco Gladiator Hulk head to put on the Endgame BAF figure. I took off the white face paint, and it's a little too small but I prefer it over hasbro's heads.
PSPS13
Super Poseable

Fri May 14, 2021 9:19 pm

degausser wrote:

It was definitely one of the most extreme cases of concept art leading to a figure that was miles off.
I wish they could solve that issue better. I know it's not the core Hasbro team's fault- I like them very much and excuse most of their disappointments because I genuinely believe external factors usually force their hands- but it's an expensive frustration as a customer and it's getting increasingly so. (And it's baffling that so much other merch, including other figures, obviously needs less lead time, so this has almost become a problem exclusive to Legends.) Essentially I wish Marvel Studios would lock in their designs sooner and stick to them with some conviction. They're clearly very fluid long after they would be in more practical days because they're in the habit of cg-ing so much of the costume department now. It really impacts what's essentially one of the selling points of a line like this: accuracy.
Anyway...
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 14, 2021 9:34 pm

spideyboy1111 wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 5:58 pm
My only complaint on ironman is they got the red color wrong , it was darker and a little more maroon Image

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I don't think that's quite true. The promo material definitely had it more as a maroon, but in the movie it definitely varies. In the picture you posted, the armory has been scuffed and dirtied, so it's a little misleading.

I think it can definitely stand to be a little darker, but if you look at the suit up scene, they're pretty close.

I bet with some panel lining, the red will deepen and will look the perfect shade.

Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 14, 2021 9:37 pm

No peg whole in the Mark III hands, which is fine by me.. but doesn't look like there's a hinge either.

yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 14, 2021 9:43 pm

I was just able to preorder Carol and Pepper on amazon.

I'm not going out of my way for Happy and Midas IM. Off-screen IM armors are the lowest of the low priorities, especially when they're just repaints of an on-screen armor. I'll pick it up if it goes to clearance, I have a feeling it won't be tough to get.

And I also have a feeling that I won't see Infinity War Cap in the wild, which is unfortunate. Someone PM me with the link if it goes up on the website, please. That's just about my only hope for this one.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 14, 2021 9:44 pm

I am pretty happy with how Mark III Iron Man looks personally

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”

Recent Topics