2021 Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Premium Line (Summer/Fall '21)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: 2021 Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Premium Line (Summer/Fall '21)

Mon May 10, 2021 7:43 am

docsilence wrote:I was just reorganizing a bit and thinking I don't ever need another Thanos, but that Tony is the one I really want to close out my MCU RDJ figures, so... guess I'm in.

As others have said, the Hopkins face doesn't look impressive in these shots, but so far I'm always happier with how the face print looks in-hand more than I am with how they look in promotional shots so I'm not worried, and I'd love to have an Anthony Hopkins legends figure, so, easy buy there for me. Wonder if they'll be the Marvel Monday figures this month?
Theyre officially revealed tomorrow. Well its 2:43am, so today lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 10, 2021 8:10 am

Awww... I hoped any new Thanos would get an empty helmet to put on top of the sword. I can always rip the face out of the existing helmet, I guess. Also, whoever said neutral head with helmet on - yes, that would have been nice. Guess I'm going to hold on to my Marvel Select after all... and I was so ready to say goodbye.

I hope those Tony heads can be put on other IMs - if not, that is seriously a party foul.

So far, of four releases, I'm zero instant buys, two gonna pick up on the first sale I find (Thor & Pietro), one I'm gonna wait for a big sale (IM/Thanos) and Odin I have no use for but will likely pick up on clearance.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 10, 2021 10:47 am

All are instant buys for me, lol. Though Quicksilver and Odin have me the most excited of what we have actually seen. Always am for brand new characters vs updates. I am so far prob more excited for Thor than Tony or Thanos, but I am excited for both.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 10, 2021 11:09 am

docsilence wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 7:32 am
I was just reorganizing a bit and thinking I don't ever need another Thanos, but that Tony is the one I really want to close out my MCU RDJ figures, so... guess I'm in.

As others have said, the Hopkins face doesn't look impressive in these shots, but so far I'm always happier with how the face print looks in-hand more than I am with how they look in promotional shots so I'm not worried, and I'd love to have an Anthony Hopkins legends figure, so, easy buy there for me. Wonder if they'll be the Marvel Monday figures this month?
I think that is likely. Jay C said they are sprinkling these all throughout the month, but I am not sure if it will only be on Mondays. Now we have seen 4 sets, so we still have 6 to see. Current trend would indicate Mondays are the day for these.

But they may still offer other comic based stuff sometimes.
CTVampSlayer
X-23 gots a boyfriend

Mon May 10, 2021 12:26 pm

Odin! Finally. Can't wait to pre-order. After him and Quicksilver the only glaring omission from the MCU shelf is Wong, imo.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 10, 2021 12:37 pm

I would be shocked if Wong didn't get made for DS2's wave.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 10, 2021 1:23 pm

So this is pre-Snap Tony...how long before we get char-broiled Tony? :geek:

Did they show Thanos taking off his upper arm armor at some point? I didn't take note of him doing that but easily could have missed it.

I don't recall this one-armed arm-blade, or even the clear shield...what scenes are those from? I thought he used a blade in Infinity War--did he also use it in Endgame? And didn't he have two blades?
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Mon May 10, 2021 1:27 pm

Awesome. Need this Iron Man vs. Thanos set!

Would have been nice to get an alternate non-gauntlet hand for Thanos. I am hoping the articulation on Thanos works a bit better than the previous BAF. I always preferred the range of motion that Infinity War Thanos had over Endgame Thanos figure.

Iron Man looks perfect from what I can see so far.

Odin is a must-have!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Mon May 10, 2021 1:28 pm

Iron Man used the energy shield when Hulk first uses the gauntlet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
joshsquash729
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon May 10, 2021 1:45 pm

Not sure I need another Iron Man and Thanos, but they do look good. I like the dusting effect, actually- it would be cool to release a couple Snapped versions of characters, or at least an accessory pack with a dusted arm and head or something. Between Hannibal, Westworld, and this, we're getting more Anthony Hopkins figures than I ever thought would be made, but I like it. It'll be nice to finally add him to the shelf. Like others have said, I think this leaves Dr. Strange as the movie with the most glaring omissions, at least for me- let's get a Wong (with MoM next year probably), Ancient One, and Kaecilius!
Dorlando_calrissian
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 10, 2021 1:47 pm

Yeah...I’ve gotta get this one. I’ve been holding out for a thanos but this one is it for me I think. As for Tony, everything looks good especially the likeness, but I just wish the suit didn’t look like he just put it on. A lot of it is wrecked before he even snaps in the movie and that doesn’t seem very evident here. I’ll end up getting this for sure though. I don’t know what it is but hasbro seems to be hitting on all their likenesses recently
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 10, 2021 1:57 pm

The IM/Thanos set looks pretty good and I'm liking all of the alternate pieces and accessories but my eyes are on the Odin. I cannot express how happy I am to finally be able to add an MCU Odin to my shelves. Can't wait.
fac
Avengers Assemble

Mon May 10, 2021 1:58 pm

Tony looks good to me, will be nice to have all the final battle versions of the big three.

Unless the gauntlet comes off of Thanos arm somehow (and it doesn't look like it does), seems to me the four heads are overkill as the extras don't really match the brief time he had the gauntlet, especially if they have also sculpted in the dusting effect on his neck to match the main head, as it looks like. I'd have traded the two basic heads for a second arm without the gauntlet. Maybe I will have to track down an extra BAF arm.
JoshuaKat
Avengers Assemble

Mon May 10, 2021 2:00 pm

I'm SO happy to finally add Odin the shelf!! It's one more chip away at the original Thor cast! A couple things come to mind..
1. I don't ever condone cloth on a figure but it's unfortunate that he can't sit on a throne or a horse which is the only way to display Odin imo haha. I'd love a throne of Asgard with a slit in the back for the cape to fit into, kinda like they do in the bubble packaging.

2. Looking at him he looks like he's almost 80 percent Thor parts which begs the question why it took this long to get him. Also, how much of Thors parts could go towards making the warriors 3? Which leads me to my last point..

3. Seeing Odin REALLY makes me want a Frigga even more, Warriors 3, Armoured Heimdale, civilian Jane, Asgard soldiers, Destroyer, Malakith!

Either way I'm super happy to add him in! It's a slow drip boys but one painstakingly long year after the next the Thor cast gets better.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 10, 2021 2:05 pm

80% Thor parts?

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”

Recent Topics