2021 Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Premium Line (Summer/Fall '21)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: 2021 Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Premium Line (Summer/Fall '21)

Thu May 06, 2021 2:29 pm

garrettlcustoms wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 1:51 pm
Ru_1977 wrote:That would be an outstanding figure if they ever venture into concept art figures. It would be a great way to get stuff like the robot Zola but also still putting out new versions of 'retired' characters like Steve and Tony.
Yeah, I absolutely LOVE MCU Concept Art. Sometimes I genuinely prefer it to the movie suits proper. Thor got some badass designs that I was honestly kinda bummed we never saw.

I'd love to see them tackle a Concept Series like they did for Ironman 1 but I don't know how likely it is with how many sublines and main line waves they already have going. Maybe they could slot in one or two Concept characters each wave instead of comic figures for MCU BAFs. I know there'd be a fair amount of complaining if they cut comic figures from those waves but we get VASTLY more all comic waves with comic BAFs than we have movie figure waves with movie BAFs and honestly, including comic characters in an MCU BAF wave has never made sense to me. Why not just fill in the last 2 to 3 spots with backlog characters, Concept Series or both? They would be able to fill in gaps faster than with more expensive deluxe lines like this, MCU only collectors don't have to resell or chuck the figures and comic only collectors aren't stuck with a random, massive leg they'll never use to build the BAF they don't want. Hasbro cranks out waves all the time recently so committing to all-comic and all-movie waves would be a nice chance of pace IMO.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
You know you can just hit enter once or twice, right?

:lol: :lol:
garrettlcustoms
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 2:31 pm

Stark Resilient wrote:
garrettlcustoms wrote:
Ru_1977 wrote:That would be an outstanding figure if they ever venture into concept art figures. It would be a great way to get stuff like the robot Zola but also still putting out new versions of 'retired' characters like Steve and Tony.
Yeah, I absolutely LOVE MCU Concept Art. Sometimes I genuinely prefer it to the movie suits proper. Thor got some badass designs that I was honestly kinda bummed we never saw.

I'd love to see them tackle a Concept Series like they did for Ironman 1 but I don't know how likely it is with how many sublines and main line waves they already have going. Maybe they could slot in one or two Concept characters each wave instead of comic figures for MCU BAFs. I know there'd be a fair amount of complaining if they cut comic figures from those waves but we get VASTLY more all comic waves with comic BAFs than we have movie figure waves with movie BAFs and honestly, including comic characters in an MCU BAF wave has never made sense to me. Why not just fill in the last 2 to 3 spots with backlog characters, Concept Series or both? They would be able to fill in gaps faster than with more expensive deluxe lines like this, MCU only collectors don't have to resell or chuck the figures and comic only collectors aren't stuck with a random, massive leg they'll never use to build the BAF they don't want. Hasbro cranks out waves all the time recently so committing to all-comic and all-movie waves would be a nice chance of pace IMO.

Image Image
Lol, sorry! I was a bit groggy writing that big ol' wall o' text. Gotta fix that.

Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 4:04 pm

garrettlcustoms wrote:

I'd love to see them tackle a Concept Series like they did for Ironman 1 but I don't know how likely it is with how many sublines and main line waves they already have going. Maybe they could slot in one or two Concept characters each wave instead of comic figures for MCU BAFs.

I know there'd be a fair amount of complaining if they cut comic figures from those waves but we get VASTLY more all comic waves with comic BAFs than we have movie figure waves with movie BAFs and honestly, including comic characters in an MCU BAF wave has never made sense to me. Why not just fill in the last 2 to 3 spots with backlog characters, Concept Series or both? They would be able to fill in gaps faster than with more expensive deluxe lines like this, MCU only collectors don't have to resell or chuck the figures and comic only collectors aren't stuck with a random, massive leg they'll never use to build the BAF they don't want.

Hasbro cranks out waves all the time recently so committing to all-comic and all-movie waves would be a nice chance of pace IMO.

The BAF idea is something I was thinking too. I would love if they did something like Zola for that.

Just for grins, what follows is just concept art, no actual spoilers:

The original six:
Spoiler! :

The other title characters:
Spoiler! :

Villains:
Spoiler! :

Supporting characters/Disney Plus stars:
Spoiler! :

And other:
Spoiler! :

spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 4:09 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
garrettlcustoms wrote:

I'd love to see them tackle a Concept Series like they did for Ironman 1 but I don't know how likely it is with how many sublines and main line waves they already have going. Maybe they could slot in one or two Concept characters each wave instead of comic figures for MCU BAFs.

I know there'd be a fair amount of complaining if they cut comic figures from those waves but we get VASTLY more all comic waves with comic BAFs than we have movie figure waves with movie BAFs and honestly, including comic characters in an MCU BAF wave has never made sense to me. Why not just fill in the last 2 to 3 spots with backlog characters, Concept Series or both? They would be able to fill in gaps faster than with more expensive deluxe lines like this, MCU only collectors don't have to resell or chuck the figures and comic only collectors aren't stuck with a random, massive leg they'll never use to build the BAF they don't want.

Hasbro cranks out waves all the time recently so committing to all-comic and all-movie waves would be a nice chance of pace IMO.

The BAF idea is something I was thinking too. I would love if they did something like Zola for that.

The original six:
Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

Villains:
Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

And other:
Spoiler! :

That ultron is so much better than what we got, also digging the shield outfits

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 5:04 pm

To be fair, there's a lot there I would skip, but I would love that Cap and the first Thor I posted. Also stuff like Sandman and Zola, Black Panther, Carol, definitely Gamora and Rocket but likely all the GOTG, probably Ronan, Falcon, Fury, Hill, and Nova for sure.

Also would be open to this Ultron as well:
JoshuaKat
Avengers Assemble

Thu May 06, 2021 5:12 pm

I personally am guilty of being frustrated by figures based on concept art making them inaccurate to the film (rightfully so imo) Cull Obsidian being a good example. However, here I am drooling over some of these concept arts!! Haha. I suppose it's different if we already have the film accurate version available. A little over a year ago my ML/MCU OCD self would have said no, no matter how great they look. But with Fox, Sony, questionable Netflix, What If figures and a multiverse story line coming. I'd gladly snatch these up!

Good news is so many of these look good because of how comic accurate they are and it seems the MCU is headed in that direction.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 5:17 pm

JoshuaKat wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 5:12 pm
I personally am guilty of being frustrated by figures based on concept art making them inaccurate to the film (rightfully so imo) Cull Obsidian being a good example. However, here I am drooling over some of these concept arts!! Haha. I suppose it's different if we already have the film accurate version available. A little over a year ago my ML/MCU OCD self would have said no, no matter how great they look. But with Fox, Sony, questionable Netflix, What If figures and a multiverse story line coming. I'd gladly snatch these up!

Good news is so many of these look good because of how comic accurate they are and it seems the MCU is headed in that direction.
That's a good point. And I used to be the same way, but Cull was the one that broke me of that... even though I did sell off my Black Order even before the Amazon set was announced.

I also did try to not do any characters like Malekith or Whiplash. If they do Concept figures and did those two before the actual on screen versions, that would be a real kick to the pants for some collectors. But yeah, I'd be tempted by either or both of the Ultrons I posted, and likely get rid of the movie one they did. heh.
garrettlcustoms
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 5:47 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
garrettlcustoms wrote:

The original six:
Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

Villains:
Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

And other:
Spoiler! :

That Bleeding Edge-esque Ironman is AMAZING. I had never seen that before.

Doctor Strange and Starlord always had the coolest concepts that, IMO anyway, would always have been way better in the case of Doc Strange and at least kinda cool for Starlord. However, supposedly Doc's getting a more comic accurate redesign for MoM so that should soon be rectified. My personal favorite Starlord concept is included below.
Ru_1977 wrote:To be fair, there's a lot there I would skip, but I would love that Cap and the first Thor I posted. Also stuff like Sandman and Zola, Black Panther, Carol, definitely Gamora and Rocket but likely all the GOTG, probably Ronan, Falcon, Fury, Hill, and Nova for sure.

Also would be open to this Ultron as well:
That Ultron is what we should've gotten honestly. I don't even hate the movie design but a non-expressive face would've been more terrifying in a way. James Spader killed it though. I hope they bring him back, he has the PERFECT voice for a villain and casting him as Ultron was a stroke of genius. I can't hear any other voice for him now.

As for the idea of a Concept Line I realized it also allows Hasbro to keep the Big 3 on shelves in new, unique looks. Man, that would be so cool to see, now I'm kinda bummed that that's such an outside possibility. I'd love that robo Zola and Red Skull had some HORRIFYING concept art that would make for some epic figures.Image

JoshuaKat
Avengers Assemble

Thu May 06, 2021 5:54 pm

Here's one of my favorite concept arts, Valkyrie.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 7:01 pm

That Valkyrie is really cool looking, and I almost went with that Starlord design too. It would allow Hasbro to reuse some parts as well.

And the concept thing is TOTALLY a way to keep retired characters on pegs. The Iron Man ones wouldn't even need any likeness deals.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Fri May 07, 2021 1:52 pm

Lots of great concept art! Really like the Ultron art.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fac
Avengers Assemble

Fri May 07, 2021 2:08 pm

The Star Wars line did concept art figures at one point which was pretty cool. In that case the concept art it was based on was pretty well known by then having been widely published - like the Droids in the desert or Vader facing off against Starkiller - and the looks were noticeably different to the on screen versions, even to casual fans. Many of these are still pretty close to what we got - which might help actually as they would also work as another release of the big names. It could make for an interesting Premium line in the future - although I think they are going to be hard pressed to just keep current with the new material going forward.
JoshuaKat
Avengers Assemble

Fri May 07, 2021 2:19 pm

So since Quicksilver only came with Ultron parts. Does anyone have any plans on how they might display running effects? Has anyone seen this done? I was thinking maybe pulled cotton sprayed light blue but that might just look messy or maybe just blue lightning accessories?

Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 2:56 pm

garrettlcustoms wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 2:31 pm
Stark Resilient wrote:
garrettlcustoms wrote:

Image Image
Lol, sorry! I was a bit groggy writing that big ol' wall o' text. Gotta fix that.

I'm just ball bustin, man!
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 6:31 pm

JoshuaKat wrote:So since Quicksilver only came with Ultron parts. Does anyone have any plans on how they might display running effects? Has anyone seen this done? I was thinking maybe pulled cotton sprayed light blue but that might just look messy or maybe just blue lightning accessories?

The tamashi nations wave effect comes with 2 pieces for a feet that give a great running effect imo

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”