2021 Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Premium Line (Summer/Fall '21)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: 2021 Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Premium Line (Summer/Fall '21)

Wed May 05, 2021 12:11 am

Are we sure the single figure is even a Walmart exclusive? And not Amazon or target?

Because yeah, i could see Walker's cap taking the spot of walgreens exclusive and they just not doing a infinity saga exclusive

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 05, 2021 12:13 am

Def not Amazon. The IM3 set existing leaked from Amazon France I believe. So that one is Amazon
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 05, 2021 12:20 am

This is the Cap we're all in need of. Hot Toys did it, so why not Hasbro? :geek:

Image Image
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 05, 2021 12:22 am

garrettlcustoms wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 12:07 am
They seriously need to keep this line running a lot longer than just that lil list I've seen kicked around in the thread. I don't care if it costs more, we have so many missing characters, not really by any fault of Hasbro because the Infinity Saga movies are just THAT extensive, that cutting it off there leaves so much undone. Plus, by fault of Hasbro, a lot of their earlier stuff was REALLY ROUGH. The old Ironmans all had those awful hip joints, awkward proportions were pretty common and a lot of stuff just never got a redo. There's a good few years and a handful of movies where Hasbro was just not getting the consistent home-runs that I'd call most of their MCU stuff now.

As for the TFA vs Smithsonian Cap, firstly, wow. I never noticed how different they really are but I feel like the TFA suit had a very particular and wonderfully vintage feel that pushes it over the top as the version I'd want to see but the Smithsonian suit gives it just a little bit of a modern update. As a massive MCU Cap fan, I honestly want both but since that's wholly unlikely, I'd prefer the TFA suit but with an alternate Smithsonian head and the extra gear to be removable. Namely the strap across the chest and the holster just being overlays that can slide off along with that new head would get you pretty close to the Smithsonian suit, of course barring the extra red stripe. AFAIK it is INTENDED to be the same suit, even if it's not dead on and honestly, if it was able to get close enough, I'd probably buy 2 just to add some paint to make one even closer to the Smithsonian Suit.

However, if they were only gonna release one more MCU Cap ever, I'd want the AoU suit. Their attempt at it back in 2015 was disappointing at best and of all the suits, it's the one that got shafted the worst by reuse and has some of the crappiest, most toylike paint I have ever seen on an MCU figure. Plus, from there you could easily repaint and kitbash it to the CW suit by popping over the Worthy lower legs and lower arms. Again, that would get me to buy 2 guaranteed.

I'd also love to see them go back to Thor 1. I need a good Hemsworth Thor in THAT helmet. Plus, that one could be two-fer as an Avengers Thor if they worked in an unhelmeted head and swappable arms for the bare look he sported there for a bit. Also, the extra bang for the extra buck they added to this line with those options would be appreciated. Loki, Sif and The Warriors Three would all be awesome to see given the current treatment. Also, obviously, The Destroyer is sorely missed and how could I possibly forget... we need a Darcy. I know some find her annoying but she was one of the best parts of Thor 1 and 2 and her recent reappearance was a welcome one for me.

Basically, all I could fault the F10Y line for was the reuse and kinda shallow pulls and I'd hate to see another line be equally or more shallow. We won't get many more chances at seeing these characters in these looks, the MCU is already moving past them so an ongoing line made to fill in gaps from this time would be SO greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
I know this is different for everyone, but for me I care more about having every hero, secondary hero, villain, and secondary villain made than having every version of their costumes. I only really NEED 1 version of the main heroes personally. I will usually buy whatever variations come out, but if I was told I would not get another Iron Man or Thor or Steve Roger's Cap figure made, I could be happy with many of the ones I have. I know I will get these guys until the end of time, but that is just how I view it. I want the characters and to full up my shelves with the universe itself. So, I def want to see the line keep going and filling these gaps, but I know if it were up to me and just me, I would like to see more brand new characters.

That said, I am very thankful for the gaps Hasbro is filling in my collection. This line looks awesome this year overall. This is just what I would like to see in the future.
kailryu
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 05, 2021 12:33 am

I am concerned by those Quicksilver knees. They do not look well profiled to stand up to being articulated without developing stress marks or shearing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
garrettlcustoms
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 05, 2021 4:15 pm

e-rock wrote:
garrettlcustoms wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 12:07 am
They seriously need to keep this line running a lot longer than just that lil list I've seen kicked around in the thread. I don't care if it costs more, we have so many missing characters, not really by any fault of Hasbro because the Infinity Saga movies are just THAT extensive, that cutting it off there leaves so much undone. Plus, by fault of Hasbro, a lot of their earlier stuff was REALLY ROUGH. The old Ironmans all had those awful hip joints, awkward proportions were pretty common and a lot of stuff just never got a redo. There's a good few years and a handful of movies where Hasbro was just not getting the consistent home-runs that I'd call most of their MCU stuff now.

As for the TFA vs Smithsonian Cap, firstly, wow. I never noticed how different they really are but I feel like the TFA suit had a very particular and wonderfully vintage feel that pushes it over the top as the version I'd want to see but the Smithsonian suit gives it just a little bit of a modern update. As a massive MCU Cap fan, I honestly want both but since that's wholly unlikely, I'd prefer the TFA suit but with an alternate Smithsonian head and the extra gear to be removable. Namely the strap across the chest and the holster just being overlays that can slide off along with that new head would get you pretty close to the Smithsonian suit, of course barring the extra red stripe. AFAIK it is INTENDED to be the same suit, even if it's not dead on and honestly, if it was able to get close enough, I'd probably buy 2 just to add some paint to make one even closer to the Smithsonian Suit.

However, if they were only gonna release one more MCU Cap ever, I'd want the AoU suit. Their attempt at it back in 2015 was disappointing at best and of all the suits, it's the one that got shafted the worst by reuse and has some of the crappiest, most toylike paint I have ever seen on an MCU figure. Plus, from there you could easily repaint and kitbash it to the CW suit by popping over the Worthy lower legs and lower arms. Again, that would get me to buy 2 guaranteed.

I'd also love to see them go back to Thor 1. I need a good Hemsworth Thor in THAT helmet. Plus, that one could be two-fer as an Avengers Thor if they worked in an unhelmeted head and swappable arms for the bare look he sported there for a bit. Also, the extra bang for the extra buck they added to this line with those options would be appreciated. Loki, Sif and The Warriors Three would all be awesome to see given the current treatment. Also, obviously, The Destroyer is sorely missed and how could I possibly forget... we need a Darcy. I know some find her annoying but she was one of the best parts of Thor 1 and 2 and her recent reappearance was a welcome one for me.

Basically, all I could fault the F10Y line for was the reuse and kinda shallow pulls and I'd hate to see another line be equally or more shallow. We won't get many more chances at seeing these characters in these looks, the MCU is already moving past them so an ongoing line made to fill in gaps from this time would be SO greatly appreciated.

I know this is different for everyone, but for me I care more about having every hero, secondary hero, villain, and secondary villain made than having every version of their costumes. I only really NEED 1 version of the main heroes personally. I will usually buy whatever variations come out, but if I was told I would not get another Iron Man or Thor or Steve Roger's Cap figure made, I could be happy with many of the ones I have. I know I will get these guys until the end of time, but that is just how I view it. I want the characters and to full up my shelves with the universe itself. So, I def want to see the line keep going and filling these gaps, but I know if it were up to me and just me, I would like to see more brand new characters.

That said, I am very thankful for the gaps Hasbro is filling in my collection. This line looks awesome this year overall. This is just what I would like to see in the future.
Yeah, I totally understand that and honestly, I agree, I don't NEED a handful of looks for every character but I would like to see them all done since they've done so many already.

I recently got all nostalgic for the Cap movies so my biggest ML want for that AoU look resurfaced. I think if they never make another Ironman, almost all the looks are covered barring one or two main looks and a dozen niche designs. After Final Battle Thor he's pretty much covered unless they wanna update that first Thor movie/Avengers look.

I feel like Cap is most due for redos, he's had a lot of great looks, many were small variations on past designs but Hasbros bad habit of extensive and inaccurate reuse when most of them were coming out really hurt those releases. Plus, these new ones could be reused/lightly retooled as well to deliver much improved versions. The old WWII Cap is painfully outdated and the CW Cap is too skinny, as is their AoU figure since they're exactly the same figure. Cap technically got all the looks he needs but they just weren't done very well. AoU was the absolute worst handled of the bunch. Ironman also falls victim to this but at least we have SO many current options and most of those old figures serve as static figures in peoples Hall Of Armor.

As for background characters, Kraglin will almost certainly be coming for GOTG Vol. 3. Darcy and Jane will likely be coming for Thor 4. Falcon Cap's movie may finally deliver a Sharon Carter. Taserface could be an easy fit in this line, AoU Wanda, AoU Cap (With a CW Cap redeco) AoU 45 Ironman and all the Guardians from Vol. 1 could do with an update here via face prints etc. They could put out a good Pepper and Happy 2 pack or an Aunt May and Happy 2 pack. Thor 1/Avengers Thor and Loki 2 pack would also be nice. Red Skull and Zola with some lab equipment and the Tesseract could be a fun pack. I'm trying to find a nice balance of reuse with small updates to all-new sculpts to keep it kinda even and within the realm of possibility while filling as many gaps as possible barring the ones that are already poised to be handled in the main line.

MCUCompletionist
Runs Around in Tights

Wed May 05, 2021 4:45 pm

I know the propaganda suit Cap further up is probably a joke but if we got that Cap, with Wanda and Vision in the Halloween looks those 3 would probably look interesting on the shelf together.

I always imagined the Smithsonian suit was made after Cap went into the ice as kinda an artistic representation. Like someone saw him wearing the suit during WW2 and since they couldn't get the actual suit (because he went into the ice) someone made a close approximation to display.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 05, 2021 4:52 pm

MCUCompletionist wrote:
I always imagined the Smithsonian suit was made after Cap went into the ice as kinda an artistic representation. Like someone saw him wearing the suit during WW2 and since they couldn't get the actual suit (because he went into the ice) someone made a close approximation to display.

That's how I have always rationalized the differences.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 05, 2021 4:56 pm

I would get the USO Captain America figure gladly. But it is not a major want. But if you want to throw him into a 2 pack with a new character I wanted, I wouldn't be mad about having him
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 05, 2021 5:01 pm

sepster wrote:
MCUCompletionist wrote:

They probably ruined the original getting it off him as well.
garrettlcustoms
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 05, 2021 5:11 pm

Ah, I never thought of that. Makes sense, SHIELD probably wouldn't just give away the actual suit so it probably is meant to be a wholly different design.

Also, yeah, I'd buy War Bonds Cap lol

sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 05, 2021 5:22 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 5:01 pm
sepster wrote:
MCUCompletionist wrote:

They probably ruined the original getting it off him as well.

You would also have to figure that the Smithsonian display was created way before Cap was found in the ice, therefor they would have had to come up with something to display other than what Cap was wearing. It's not like Cap would have been forgotten or ignored in US history from the time he "died" to the time he was found, at which point it was then that they decided to immortalize him in a museum.

This, of course, is all assuming he had only one physical suit during WWII and not multiples of the same uniform. I don't know how likely that is considering he was a prominent symbol for the Allies and had been active for about two years. You would think the US Military/SSR would provide him with multiple suits so that he looked his best when kicking Hydra's ass.
garrettlcustoms
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 5:46 am

Completely throwing a curveball here from the Cap suit discussion but... is Hasbro gonna skip Falcon's Falcon suit from FATWS? That would totally suck, that was Falcon's best design yet and I really want a figure of that. It's VERY unlikely he ever returns to being Falcon again at this point so... maybe they'll pop it in this Infinity Saga line?

Also, I found this little tidbit while looking at the differences in Caps TFA vs Smithsonian Suit and thought it would be a noteworthy addition to the discussion.

I like this idea and also, man that concept art behind the quote would make for a KILLER figure. I always missed the red gloves and boots. Shame they dropped em right after Avengers 1. The Endgame suit could've done with a more of a little splash of red for Caps final appearance.

Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 7:44 am

That would be an outstanding figure if they ever venture into concept art figures. It would be a great way to get stuff like the robot Zola but also still putting out new versions of 'retired' characters like Steve and Tony.
garrettlcustoms
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 1:51 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:That would be an outstanding figure if they ever venture into concept art figures. It would be a great way to get stuff like the robot Zola but also still putting out new versions of 'retired' characters like Steve and Tony.
Yeah, I absolutely LOVE MCU Concept Art. Sometimes I genuinely prefer it to the movie suits proper. Thor got some badass designs that I was honestly kinda bummed we never saw.

I'd love to see them tackle a Concept Series like they did for Ironman 1 but I don't know how likely it is with how many sublines and main line waves they already have going. Maybe they could slot in one or two Concept characters each wave instead of comic figures for MCU BAFs.

I know there'd be a fair amount of complaining if they cut comic figures from those waves but we get VASTLY more all comic waves with comic BAFs than we have movie figure waves with movie BAFs and honestly, including comic characters in an MCU BAF wave has never made sense to me. Why not just fill in the last 2 to 3 spots with backlog characters, Concept Series or both? They would be able to fill in gaps faster than with more expensive deluxe lines like this, MCU only collectors don't have to resell or chuck the figures and comic only collectors aren't stuck with a random, massive leg they'll never use to build the BAF they don't want.

Hasbro cranks out waves all the time recently so committing to all-comic and all-movie waves would be a nice chance of pace IMO.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”