Disney+ Wave 2 February 2022 - (The Watcher BaF)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Disney+ Wave 2 February 2022 - (The Watcher BaF)

Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:40 pm

Finally got around to opening the figures from this wave I got from Pulse last week. Overall I like them and am not disappointed with one significant exception My quick thoughts

Sylvie - solid figure, pretty much exactly what I expected with a fairly close face sculpt and an accurate to the show look. Her cape jacket looks good, but obviously isn't functional if you want to pose her with her arms doing anything at all.

Spider-Man - really it's a pretty basic spider-man figure with a cloak of levitation added. I prefer to display him maskless since that's how he appeared in the show for the most part, and it helps differentiate him form all of the other Spider-man figures I have.

Nebula - pretty basic figure but a solid representation of her from the show. I wish it hewed closer to her look from the comics, so I could fudge her into my main Avengers villain display, but relly I have no complaints.

Dr. Strange - I like this one. They did a good job making the hollow cheeked haggard weary face. The only thing really that would make this figure better for me is if they were able to include some shadow tentacles I could plug into his back. That would have been fun.

Captain Carter - great figure. Probably the best of the wave really. Crisp paint on a great costume design. Just a solid figure that looks great and the shelf and fits right in with my comic figure display but can also pass in my MCU display if I needed it to. I haven't received my Hydra Stomper yet - but based on the pictures I know she looks great alongside that as well.

Starlord Tchalla - I hate this piece of garbage figure. It is so overly cartoony it doesn't fit in with the other figures in the wave at all. It honestly looks like it belongs in an entirely different toy line - with the aesthetic of the cheap 5 poa figures. The face sculpt on the unmasked head is terrible, the lack of texture on the boots and the concave shins are hideous. This is honestly my least favorite Marvel Legends figures in a looooong time. And to top it off, I can't swap the heads because when I try to pop off the unmasked head the neck peg comes with it each time. I wanted to see if masked head version of the figure would make me feel slightly better about it - but can't even do that. I need to go unearth my needle nose pliers to see if I can work that issue out. But man is this figure an enormous disappointment for me.

Sigh. The Watcher BaF turned out cool. It won't replace the Marvel Select Uatu I have in my main display - that figure is just too good - but this is a nice looking figure of -a- Watcher, and I'm not sorry I have him.
chewblacca
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:17 am

Found the stealth Captain Carter figure today at Target.
Neal
HULK SMASH!

Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:45 pm

I picked up two (to take advantage of the BOGO 50% off sale) Stealth Suit Captain Carters today.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:34 pm

Wait...I thought she was a Walmart exclusive?
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:40 pm

nope, target exclusive

which is good since i had no problems finding mobius and thena at my stores.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:02 pm

Picked up Sylvie from Pulse (pre sale weekend of course ). Having her really makes me want an improved Loki. I’d love one based on the rolled up sleeve look he had for most of the season, with the sword from the finale. 2-pack with He Who Remains would be a nice touch.

It would probably involve a new torso without Fury’s holsters, but the arms should be able to swap over from Klaue.
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:48 am

chewblacca wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:17 am
Found the stealth Captain Carter figure today at Target.
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: insert unkind words, for this being a Target exclusive and not being for sale online.

Thanks, insert profane words, cant even find Carter at the overseas stores. :(

Not the way to start the week. :lol:
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:58 pm

stealth carter is up on target for shipping for now.
https://www.target.com/p/marvel-legends ... A-83838021
mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:36 pm

Thanks. It was available for in-store pick up. Plus I've spent so much lately I had $10 in circle rewards. So got her for about $12. Now, let's hope Target comes through.

Sent from The Void using My Incredible Mind

Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:18 am

NEW BATMAN wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:58 pm
stealth carter is up on target for shipping for now.
https://www.target.com/p/marvel-legends ... A-83838021
Thank you so much for posting this. 8)
Spoiler! :
No surprise, couldn't order her (with my IP address unmasked) or have it shipped to me.

I hate Target so much. :(

Hate myself even more for buying two figures. :ugh:
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:47 pm

Fly4v wrote:
No surprise, couldn't order her (with my IP address unmasked) or have it shipped to me.

Why couldn't you order it, why isn't that a surprise, and why are you referring to your IP address being unmasked? :?
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:18 pm

SO MANY QUESTIONS!!

anyways, i got my stealth carter from target, i was also able to get it for store pick up. event thought it's the same figure i so like the darker colors of the suit.
i still would have liked a new hair piece than reuse but it's cool.
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:31 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:47 pm
Fly4v wrote:

Why couldn't you order it, why isn't that a surprise, and why are you referring to your IP address being unmasked? :?
The problem of Target not shipping to my Zip has gotten progressively worse since March. So I have been ordering figures and having them shipped to an acceptable zip. Then paying to have them reshipped.

I once talked to Customer Service to try and have the problem solved because the restrictions are not based as they say on materials, shipping or manufacturer restrictions. Yet they take that information I provide and then increase the restrictions.
Spoiler! :
The true reason they won't ship to me is profit. A basic figure on the main land is $9 here they charge $19 and a Marvel Legends or GI Joe Classified (if in stock) is $27... and they will not price match online prices or other stores.

They also ignore the fact that they have shipped both GI Joe, Marvel Legends and McF figures to this zipcode with out any tricks on my part.
They must have changed the website so if the IP Address is from this area, I can't check out no matter what the shipping address until I remove the offending figure from my cart.

If they cannot see the IP Address I can place the order to the alternate zip code.

The problem manifests itself after log-in. If I go to Target.com and search for Captain Carter. The website states they will not ship to my area and will not allow me to add the item to my cart.

I type in the new Zip. I am now able to add the figure to my cart but when I log in to check out. It says the figure is unavailable. :?:

But if my IP Address is masked or made to appear that I am say in Iowa.,, I can change the shipping address and order the figure just fine. Just not to my zip code.

It has been happening with Joes, starting with the basic Red Ninja and continued to yesterday with Captain Carter.

I live one block from a US Post Office with my PO Box, have a UPS box, have a physical house address and am a 15 minute drive from their distribution center for Hawaii.

They don't want to solve the problem. Target is not working hard to give every customer the same shopping experience.

As always... Bla Bla Bla. Ha Ha Ha! It is just about toys (in my case).... but not really.... Target did the same thing to people on the main land with cleaning supplies last year.
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:02 pm

so pretty much you live in hawaii and it's hard to order things to there? that sucks, sorry to hear that.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:20 pm

NEW BATMAN wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:02 pm
so pretty much you live in hawaii and it's hard to order things to there? that sucks, sorry to hear that.

Yea sorry to hear that too. I was also wondering if he lived in Hawaii, or possibly Alaska, and if Target even has stores in one or both of those places.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”